estimation of entry date

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
21 Mar 2007 12:00 AM by Laura_Loo_Loo Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Hi everyone,Im laura and myself,my fiance our two children,scarlett whos 5 and finlay whos 2 are moving to La Zenia at the end of the year with my future in-laws...We spoke long and hard about making such a big decision and ultimately we want a better life for ourselves and that of our children,we have had a lot of trouble over the years in england u c,and basically we want a better life to make our own friends and have our own social life and we weant and helpful tips etc on schools etc that anyone can give us ,we will be very grateful and we look forward to hearing from anyone soon xxx

Like 0      
21 Mar 2007 2:30 PM by hanakd1 Star rating. 17 posts Send private message

hanakd1´s avatar

Hi Laura.

Im Hannah, my partner, myself and our Three year old are moving down as soon as our house is sold in the UK. I have been gathering info for a few months now on schools etc both from forums, books and getting in touch with people over there. If you want I can email you with any school advice as I am up to my eyeballs with it the moment.But all the help you off everyone is fantastic.

Hannah.

Like 0      
21 Mar 2007 3:29 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

This message was last edited by JeansSis on 5/17/2007.

Like 0      
21 Mar 2007 4:04 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Hi Laura Loo loo!

You have chosen a lovely area.

We have an apartment in Playa Flamenca, next door to La Zenia., so we will be neighbours! The beach at La Zenia is to die for, golden sands, safe and clean, well ALL Spanish beaches are clean actually, they are "swept" daily in the high season and do not allow perros (Dogs!), so no doo doos on the beach!

We don't have school age children and don't live here permanently, but through what I have heard, children of your age will adapt very quickly to life in Spain. My advice would be to put them in a Spanish school though. You will pay a lot of money to send them to an English school and they will not learn Spanish or make Spanish friends so easily.

The youngsters here, become fluent in Spanish with 18 months, they will be able to teach you!

Good luck with your move and please let the forum know how things are going for you.

Kind regards,

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
23 Mar 2007 1:15 PM by Elly May Star rating in La Zenia, Costa Blan.... 13 posts Send private message

Elly May´s avatar

Hi Laura,

Our second home is in La Zenia and we are extremely happy there.  We have the choice of three beaches just minutes away and the Orihuela Resort has very good facilities; pool, tennis, gym plus a lovely Spanish Restuarant and bar.   

At the moment we spread our time between London and Spain as my children are teenagers (18 & 16) and although they love it, they don't wish to live there at the moment.  Given time who knows, but my partner and I hope to be moving over within the next few years (fingers crossed) although we will probably always keep another property in England. 

You have chosen a lovely area, go for it.

Good luck, hope it works out for you.

This message was last edited by Elly May on 3/23/2007.

Like 0      
23 Mar 2007 3:23 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      
24 Mar 2007 8:20 AM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Hi ElleyMay!

We must be neighbours in Espania!

It's a lovely area around La Zenia/ Cabo Roig/Playa Flamenca/Punta Prima isn't it!

Sorry if I missed out anyones coastal town above!

We too hope to move out for longer lengths of time in a couple of years, it's the Grandchildren that stops me though!

Maybe once they are in full time school in the UK, it won't be so bad, cos at the mo, I see them during the week.

It won't be so much of a wrench when I only see them weekends.

We have a new one on the way too, due early August, maybe the only solution is to move all the family over here!!!

Welcome to EOS by the way!

Kind regards,

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
24 Mar 2007 2:22 PM by Elly May Star rating in La Zenia, Costa Blan.... 13 posts Send private message

Elly May´s avatar

Thank you JeansSis & Fibby for your welcome to this site.  Yes, you do know me from 'elsewhere'   have been looking for other forums to join and yesterday found this one!   I have actually been an email member of eyeonspain for ages but didn't realise about the message boards....duh. 

Fibby, I tell you, it is such a small world (as I found out again recently, when somebody 'elsewhere' was related to someone I worked with) so I wouldn't be at all surprised if you are one of our neighbours! 

This looks like a great forum with some very helpful information.

Have a lovely weekend

Elly May

This message was last edited by Elly May on 3/24/2007.

Like 0      
24 Mar 2007 3:31 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      
28 Mar 2007 3:37 PM by traceys1 Star rating in Macaren IV/Entre Nar.... 4 posts Send private message

traceys1´s avatar

Hi Laura

We are moving to El Galan on Sunday which isnt too far from La Zenia.  I too have young children of 6 & 2 (also of 21, 17 & 14).  Our eldest one stayed in the UK when we moved but the others have really adapted well and their Spanish (language) is coming along great!  We dont regret the move for a minute.  Good luck for the future!

Like 0      
28 Mar 2007 3:48 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Seems your UK rates bill can be slashed. Check it out with YOUR local council. - 3 posts
IS THERE NO END TO THE NUMBER OF NEW MEMBERS? - 26 posts
Tax returns in spain - 1 posts
Annual retreats/conference - 1 posts
Offer on UK house. - 9 posts
Commercial business consultants - 20 posts
Interior designers tenerife - 1 posts
Suppliers - 13 posts
Hello Everyone!! - 10 posts
MEETING UP IN MARBELLA - 28 March 2007 - 127 posts
WANTED - RELIABLE GARAGE CDS - 0 posts
Spanish Amazon any info - 1 posts
Bedroom Furniture For Sale - 6 posts
Need for better search engine!! - 8 posts
Onlne Bullying - 7 posts
Duquesa Hills site not finished - 1 posts
Private message block - 2 posts
Whats the Orihuela/Fortuna area like? - 0 posts
Estepona Eateries - 1 posts
Llanos del Peral - 1 posts
Games in here - 3 posts
Can't find me ad! - 0 posts
Procumasa - Las Kalendas Does not listen to customers and ignors specification sheets - 7 posts
Iberian International - Failure to do anything other than take your money - - 1 posts
Terraza del golf - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 11

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x