Parador Problems (I mean Property's)

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
10 Apr 2007 8:53 AM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

Trouble is, the whole buying abroad can be fraught with problems whoever you use and even if you come over here and 'do it yourself'........biggest problem I think is lack of communication due to language ( not necessarily lack of Spanish!) and lack of preparation before embarking on the adventure.   

Sorry to all those who have had and are still having problems...hang in there....it's well worth it when you get them sorted.

Yes Fibby.......I am sure we have met somewhere before...hope your hip is ok!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
10 Apr 2007 12:30 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Hi Karensun,

I thought we had!

Hip is fine thanks, I am a one crutch wonder now!

See you soon,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
15 Apr 2007 8:03 PM by jason2007 Star rating in Kent, plus 1/2 built.... 33 posts Send private message

Hi

Paul Owen (AIPP) should be back from holiday tomorrow.
I've been told he will investigate my complaint  about Parador Properties on his return.

No doubt he will find that they have broken the AIPP 'Code of Conduct' and recommend they compensate me for the incompetent lawyer they recommended.
Not.

Jason

Like 0      
23 Apr 2007 9:06 PM by jason2007 Star rating in Kent, plus 1/2 built.... 33 posts Send private message

Hi

Nothing back from AIPP - what a surprise.
Parador (as well as Aldea Advisors, the highly recommeded 'lawyers') have stopped answering my Emails.

Not that they actually answered any questions in the replies that i did get.

Aldea Advisors - Winner,  Most Incompetent 'Lawyer'  2005, 2006, 2007
Parador Properties - Winner, Worst Agent, 2005, 2006, 2007
Jason

Like 0      
25 Apr 2007 4:36 PM by stevepotter Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

Hi,

We know how you feel Jason, Huma agreed to a refund us in Nov 06 but we still haven't received our money and Aldea have done nothing to help us. We are looking to change lawyers to start legal procedings against Huma, We are looking at using Ross legal services. Has anyone used them or know anything about them.

Steve

Like 0      
26 Apr 2007 10:56 AM by Mikenmandy Star rating in Dewsbury, Yorkshire .... 232 posts Send private message

Mikenmandy´s avatar

Jason2007

Nothing back from AIPP ????

That wouldn't have anything to do with the fact there's a Parador connection, as there's a connection with integrity (Lack of), solicitors (dodgy) & Huma, especially where ACC is concerned. Should ACC ever get built they will need some bar stewards, loads of Parador reps should be applying, possibly whilst prostrate on the floor

Mike

Like 0      
26 Apr 2007 12:45 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Hi All,

Maybe this has to be taken with a pinch of salt but the rumour of Parador being in grave financial difficulty has raised it's ugly head again.

I am not sure how much truth there is in this but i have been told by many people recently.

One thing  i do know to be true is that they have dropped the commision they pay their reps to half percent, this was originally 1%, so they must be tightening their belts.

Regards

GEORGIA

Like 0      
26 Apr 2007 5:59 PM by jason2007 Star rating in Kent, plus 1/2 built.... 33 posts Send private message

mikenmandy

Perhaps it was my comment in my email to Paul Owen (AIPP and Parador) that i hoped he would act in an impartial manner when dealing with my complaint, given his financial connection with Parador, that has resulted in the lack of a reply.

It looks like Parador could be in trouble in the UK, i can't say what it is at the moment as investigations are continuing, but it is likely to cause a lot of disruption for a while and some large fines if what i have been told is correct.

Lets hope that the Junta sort things out quickly and we all get our properties/money back.

Regards

Jason

Like 0      
29 Apr 2007 3:26 PM by sammy07 Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Hi,  I have stumbled across this website and it hasgiven me great concern over my recent purchase in Costa Calida.  Me and my husband went on an inspection trip with Parador last weekend and have secured a property with Polaris.  Parador came across very professional and no pressure sales however, what I have read in this forum is giving me big doubts, I have paid the 3000euro deposit and I am aware that I will lose this if we cancel the contract, do we get out now or risk going to another agent who we have limited knowledge on and could be just as bad or worse? and what are they investigating?

cheers

sammy07

Like 0      
29 Apr 2007 4:02 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

This message was last edited by JeansSis on 5/17/2007.

Like 0      
29 Apr 2007 4:59 PM by sammy07 Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Hi Janice

Thanks for the reply, yes we do have bank guarantees in place for all the stage payments, they are within the contract.  Regarding the lawyer, we expressed to our rep we want to go with an independant lawyer the trouble being we did not know if they were independant or not (Aniorte Abogados) however again seemed to display a professional attitude.  The likelyhood of them being in connection with Parador are probably very high, they did reassure us that they had not experienced any MAJOR problems with Polaris.

Again thanks for your reply, I wait in anticipation for further advise.

Cheers Sammy

Like 0      
29 Apr 2007 5:30 PM by tinasolera Star rating in Murcia. 801 posts Send private message

tinasolera´s avatar

Hi

I think most agents could have bad feedback at some point, ive heard something negative about most of them. Even if Parador did fold isnt your contract with the builder now? Any further payments will now go staright to your solicitor to be passed onto your builder so Parador have done their bit.

If im wrong then someone correct me but as far as im concerned our (and yours should be) contract is signed with the builder and all monies are held with the builder/solicitor not the agent. I would be more concerned if the builder was going to fold.

A good solicitor and you will be fine.

I sent a pm just telling you not to worry too much. Just get a good solicitor (now your thinking well how do i know which spanish solicitors are good?)

This message was last edited by tinasolera on 4/29/2007.

www.galgosdelsol.es

Like 0      
29 Apr 2007 6:17 PM by hicky Star rating in campello,spain/x tin.... 51 posts Send private message

this is the first we have heard of this,if parador are having problems(no sympathy whatsoever)

we are very glad we got our 500 pounds after sales care money back.

Like 0      
29 Apr 2007 6:44 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Hi Hicky,

If you got your money back then great!

Next time you intend to buy, check on EOS for comments/advice, the members here are here to advice and help you.

Glad you are in a good position to start again!

Kind regards,

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
29 Apr 2007 8:32 PM by sammy07 Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Hi tinasolera

Thanks! I am of the same opinion.

Sammy

Like 0      
04 Jun 2007 9:48 PM by jason2007 Star rating in Kent, plus 1/2 built.... 33 posts Send private message

Hi

Everyone that has had problems with there purchase, especially the 'lawyer' recommended by Parador, should take a few minutes to fill out the online petition -> www.spanishpropertyscandalpetition.co.uk

Regards

Jason

www.spanishpropertyscandalpetition.co.uk

Like 0      
05 Jun 2007 12:30 PM by mikaroldam Star rating in newcastle upon tyne .... 38 posts Send private message

Although we own an apartment near Orihuella we went to Turkey last week with Parador to purchase another property. Everything went smoothly for us but still early days' yet. However we befriended a lovely Indian lady there who travelled alone and who also purchased. The point is according to her, her rep put pressure on her to use their recommended bank and solicitor. I said I'd have a word with him as I'd already gone through the same process in Spain of purchasing a property. In front of her face he retracted both statements' telling her she could use any service of her choice. I recommended she did so. Hopefully all will go well for her.

Like 0      
05 Jun 2007 12:48 PM by peter-c Star rating in South Wales/Golf La .... 21 posts Send private message

Hi

Just picked up this thread. We originally bought on an inspection trip with Parador, which was very good. Nice hotel, no pressure, helpful. Then, when we had signed up, we took the after sales service. What a mistake! They have not helped us one bit, and in fact have been a real pain. Everything seems to have gone wrong. They do not appear to keep any records, and it was only because I kept careful records of letters, emails, etc. that things got progressed at all. It was like dealing with a bunch of amateurs. The 'single point of contact' did not work. They made promises that they tried to break. They did not keep us informed. They sent us photos of the wrong property. They sent progress reports which were totally inaccurate. I could go on. I know of others who have had the same type of problems. Only a couple of weeks ago I was contacted about the house insurance I took out in January - they claimed nothing had been signed and perhaps I wasn't covered! When I pointed out that they had confirmed in January by email that everything was ok, they said they didn't keep emails! I was covered in fact, but what sort of outfit works like this? Unbelievable.

If you are considering aftersales with Parador, you have been warned.

Peter

Like 0      
11 Jun 2007 11:34 PM by Moggies123 Star rating in Somerset, UK. 6 posts Send private message

Hi,

We went for the After Sales with Parador and they certainly helped us with our problem over persuading Polaris to let us switch apartments.  However, they only do something when pestered ........ we've not had any photos or progress reports at all and can only go by what PW show on their own website.

Browsing through this thread today, it's the first we've heard about any possible problem with Parador.  Certainly, our contract is with Polaris, but if Parador disappears so will the after sales we have paid for.  Does anyone know more of what's going on?

It's also disturbing to read of problems with Parador linked lawyers - we are with Domus Consulting Center.  Hopefully there are no horror stories concerning them?

Viv & David

Like 0      
12 Jun 2007 8:27 AM by mikaroldam Star rating in newcastle upon tyne .... 38 posts Send private message

Hi all, I have seen various amounts mentioned for after sales service. Just a word of warning, when we went to Turkey with Parador we were asked ever so nicely if we would like their after sales service. On asking the price we were told £950. Not euros', pounds. Iberian aren't perfect but as far as we know we didn't pay for this service with them, unless it was under a different wording. I declined the offer from Parador as I did with their recommended bank and solicitor. A couple of days' ago I received an application form from them to sign up for their after sales service and join their "owners' club". They're certainly persistant. Good luck.

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

The reality of Cheap Inspection Tours - 0 posts
Estate Agents Deposit - 17 posts
Lecrin Valley - 2 posts
Montesinos/Naranjos - 10 posts
Broadband in Spain - 23 posts
Aroca Seiquer & Asociados - 43 posts
Looking for a good bi-lingual solicitor in Spanish Family Law. - 4 posts
Flight pictures .. a real hoot ! - 18 posts
Still looking for reformer.. - 30 posts
Just something really to think about.............. - 371 posts
BMI Cardiff - 1 posts
Message for member "Marda" - 0 posts
Development 2 YEARS behind schedule! - 4 posts
Polaris World - 4 posts
Break in - 11 posts
Non-residents buying a car in Spain - 16 posts
The best way to transfer money to Spain (Seriously)! - 92 posts
IKEA Seville now delivering to the coast - 2 posts
estimation of entry date - 10 posts
Seems your UK rates bill can be slashed. Check it out with YOUR local council. - 3 posts
IS THERE NO END TO THE NUMBER OF NEW MEMBERS? - 26 posts
Tax returns in spain - 1 posts
Annual retreats/conference - 1 posts
Offer on UK house. - 9 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 83

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x