Parador Problems (I mean Property's)

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
25 Mar 2007 12:00 AM by Lo and Stevie Star rating. 11 posts Send private message

Hi, We are Lorraine and Steve and purchased our property on Dream Hiils II back in August 05 in R4.  We purchased the property through Parador.  Since August we have made a couple of visits to the area on our own accord to view progress and do some research about the surrounding area.

We purchased After Sales with Parador and found it a total waste of money!! We just wondered if anyone else has had this problem.  Since we paid for this service we have had to constantly chase them for progress reports and updates on when the property will be complete.  The initial completion date was December 31st 06.  We never heard anything so contacted them and waited and waited, then we got a reply saying the builder was running over schedule.

In February we received a letter from the builder to say that the property was now complete and to contact parador to sort out the legalities of handing the property over to us.  We are now coming the end of March and after contacting after sales several times we are still waiting and havnt heard from them for about 5 weeks.

Has anyone else completed and got keys for their property or dealt with Parador and if so what has your experience been like we are curious to find out whether it was just a wast of £475  or are we just being impatient???

However, we have looked at some of the photos on the message board and the complex does seem to be coming together well and are really looking forward to getting over there and meeting other buyers and forming a community.  Excited really but just getting impaitent with all the waiting around.

Look forward to hearing from you

Lorraine and Steve.

Like 0      
25 Mar 2007 3:06 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

This message was last edited by JeansSis on 5/17/2007.

Like 0      
25 Mar 2007 3:11 PM by Lo and Stevie Star rating. 11 posts Send private message

Hi Janice

Thanks for sending a reply.  We thought as much.  Never mind, we know for next time not to use Parador.

Keep in touch with any updates.

Look forward to seeing you in Dream Hills.

Lorraine and Steve

Like 0      
25 Mar 2007 3:19 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      
25 Mar 2007 3:23 PM by Lo and Stevie Star rating. 11 posts Send private message

Hi, Don't know that side at all really.  It looks lovely though.

Lorraine

Like 0      
25 Mar 2007 3:37 PM by 1600E Star rating. 44 posts Send private message

We purchased thro Parador a property in Palomares. We also paid for the After Sales service. We got regular updates, initially the wrong building, but had to push them to ensure the extras were installed. They instructed us that the property was ready Nov 06 and that we should sign. We didn't due to not having the habitation certificate, they only wanted to get at their final commission. We are pushing them for information but they seem to have gone into a 'not bothered' frame of mind. The After Sales service is worth it  as they will meet you on site when you visit and discuss the progress.

Like 0      
25 Mar 2007 3:43 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      
25 Mar 2007 4:27 PM by mariecw Star rating in Limerick, Ireland & .... 140 posts Send private message

mariecw´s avatar

Hi Janice, 

Firstly, congratulations on the amount of information that you have posted. You are really something else!!!

We have just purchased an apartment, Brisas del Mar in Formentera del Segura so it is fantastic to get all the local information.

Keep up the good work!!

Marie and Adrian

Like 0      
25 Mar 2007 4:53 PM by hudsey Star rating in Hexham, Northumberla.... 120 posts Send private message

hudsey´s avatar

Hi Lo and Steve,

We purchased Dream Hills II in Oct 05 and were due to complete in Jan. 07.  What fun and games it has been, NOT! 

On Dec. 23rd we received an e-mail to say that we need to have an NIE number (new law from Dec. 1st, 06), have a valuation carried out and also a mortgage offer in place, we also needed to contact their office and have everything in place by the 8th Jan. 07, oh, and by the way, they were shut until 8th Jan. 07. 

We did nothing, how could we.  We were bombarded with e-mails demanding we obtain the NIE number, have a valuation carried out and a mtg offer in place. 

An after sales care adviser contacted us and informed us that our property was now complete.  I asked if it would be OK to book our flights to travel to Spain to complete, we were told yes, of course.  Flights were booked for 11th March 07 - 25th March 07.  In mid Jan. 07 we went to Manchester to apply for our NIE numbers and were told they would take approximately 3 months.  Aaaahh, the numbers might not have arrived in Spain by then.  We phoned our solicitors and were informed that the NIE numbers usually take around 5-6 weeks to arrive so there would be no problem. 

The representative we had originally used in England was also advising us.  He didn't think we needed the NIE number and spoke to a colleague in Spain who agreed with him.

Dead excited, flights paid for, cat booked in, airport carpark booked and paid for, not long now!

Oh how wrong we were........   The after sales adviser phoned us in a panic to say that we had booked our flights far too soon and the property would not be  ready.  After lots of long e-mails and telephone conversations, (we had kept copies of all e-mails sent and had proof of what we were originally advised), we were told if we had a valuation carried out (by a Bank that they suggested), a mtg offer in place and the solicitors had received the NIE numbers, then the builder was prepared to rush through the paperwork and we could go ahead with our trip.  We did as we were told, even accepting a mortgage that wasn't what we realy wanted.  They would keep us informed.

Going bald rapidly, we tried to contact the original rep from the UK.  He proved to be worse than anyone.  We had to resort to using other people's  phones to contact him as he refused to answer his phone when he saw our number.  Once he knew what we were up to, he would just hang us when he knew it was us on the other end of the phone.  He has paperwork belonging to us and we have now wrote to him asking for this back, no reply two weeks later.  

By Friday the 9th March 07 we hadn't heard anything.  We cancelled our flights, carpark, etc. sent an e-mail to the company to advise them.  They phoned us back immediately, saying that they should have the NIE numbers by the 15th March 07as they were in Madrid.  Unfortunately, we had lost our flight money and to save a little, we had to cancel the carpark.  What was the point of travelling if they didn't have the paperwork in order and couldn't say for definite that it would arrive in time. 

We asked the company to contact us when everything was in order and we could travel to Spain to complete, and asked that they do not contact us until they actually have all the paperwork for us to complete.  Also, we asked them to cancel the mortgage offer on our behalf as it wasn't what we realy wanted and we would find a suitable mortgage through a broker.

Surprise, Surprise!!!!!!!!   On Mon 12th March 07 (the day after we were due to fly), we received an e-mail to say that they had received our NIE numbers and we had 1 month to complete and they had not cancelled our mortgage as we could now travel.

I don't think so.  Advised them that we would travel to Spain when we had a new mortgage offer of our own choice in order and could they inform us when EVERYTHING had been completed, all paperwork, etc.  They advised us that all paperwork was in order and we could still use the originial mortgage offer from the bank that they had suggested.  I DON'T THINK THEY ARE LISTENING!! 

We found a mortgage broker who has found us the mortgage we require.  I advised the company of this and asked when it would be convenient for us to travel to Spain.  Guess what, they will have to get back to me on that one.  I was asked to contact them again when our new mortgage offer is in place and then they would advise us when to go.  What's going on.  I can only assume that the paperwork was not ready when they said it was.

The customer service has been appalling, infact non existent.  They tried to push us into their after sales package, 300 euros, that would provide a collection and drop off at the airport, travel to our premises, their office and the solicitors.  I advised them that we would be hiring a car and could they give me directions to these places.  The answer was NO, I would have to pay or find them my self; which is exactly what I intend to do.

I am not prepared to hand over any money to the builder until any snagging defects have been replaced, fixed, etc. and I will  be contacting my solicitors.

I must say, our inspection trip was fantastic, nothing was any trouble, ate at the best restaurants.  I wonder, as you do, if the 300 euros after sales package is to pay for that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We will get there in the end.  I have found information on these forums invaluable.  I read the message boards on a daily basis.  The shared photos are excellent.  Well done to EOS.

The company we used was KEYSOL. 

This message was last edited by hudsey on 3/25/2007.

Like 0      
25 Mar 2007 6:19 PM by HAWKINGS111 Star rating in Las Filipinas. Spain.... 290 posts Send private message

HAWKINGS111´s avatar

Hi everyone.

I was just browsing the site and although we have bought a property from San Jose at Jumilla, i like to look at anybody's comments and pick up sometimes useful information. I dont think i have got it wrong but please correct me if i have that some people have actually paid money for after sales service. Surely after you have spent your hard earned money on buying anything, you would expect FREE after sales service. I can go to the Jumilla  site where we have bought and get information from the site manager but if i want to i can insist on seeing a representative from San Jose on site to iron out any concerns [and have done so before] and one will be there to meet me. I have never heard of paying for after sales service. Extended guarantee on appliances yes, but not service. Just thought i would put my half penny worth in but someone tell me i am wrong????????

Good luck to all.  Bob.

Now  Retired and have our money back in FULL via our bank guarantee.    Bob and Pauline.

Like 0      
25 Mar 2007 7:43 PM by Lo and Stevie Star rating. 11 posts Send private message

Hi Hudsey

Oh my gosh, i dont know what to say apart from youve had a real poor service and experience.  I thought parador were bad!!!!They did do one thing and that was to sort out our NIE numbers which I presume we have as they went straight to the solicitor in spain its just the communication which non existent.

We feel a bit guilty now moaning as you have been  put throught he mill  compared to us.  I definately think you are rite in terms of paying aftersales to cover the cost of the inspection trip which cost almost next to nothing that does explain it.

Hang in there the nightmare will soon be over hopefully and we can all meet up in Dream Hills and have a celebratory big drink and exchange the nigtmare experiences.

we were thinking of just going over for 2 nights and not telling them we are coming to go down to dream hills and see what stage its at and then go to parador office and demand some explanations.

We feel for you losing your money on already booked flights that awful.

I have been reading the message boards for a while but only just registered but like you have found them extremely useful.

Keep going, the site is looking good.

Like 0      
25 Mar 2007 9:22 PM by hudsey Star rating in Hexham, Northumberla.... 120 posts Send private message

hudsey´s avatar

Hi Lo and Stevie,

I'm sure it's all character building. 

Since my last posting, I have decided to ask for a quote for a surveyor to carry out the snagging on our behalf.  I'm not handing money over until any defects have been completed. I have e-mailed Keysol advising them of this.  Every time I contact Keysol  I cc it to our solicitors.

Let me know what happens on your surprise visit, that will be most interesting.

There is quite a lot to this, didn't expect it to be so complicated. 

We would love to meet up for a drink when we finally get there, will be lovely to meet up with new neighbours, etc.

The worm does turn and we are fighting back!

Like 0      
25 Mar 2007 11:32 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Hi MarieCW

Just had to say, your avatar is the same one that Justin (the site owner) used to have! (before he crahsed his head into the computer!)

When I saw it, I immediatelt homed into it, thinking it must be Justin!

But it was you!

Keep that avatar, your posts will be noticed!

Well done!

Rgds,

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
26 Mar 2007 12:23 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
MarieCW's nicked my old avatar!!!!!  I'm distraught.....I'm was going to bring him back soon.

Now I have to find a new one again...

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
26 Mar 2007 11:09 AM by mariecw Star rating in Limerick, Ireland & .... 140 posts Send private message

mariecw´s avatar

Hi EOS Team

Sorry about that - but I loved it !!!!! Its so funny that I didnt even know what these were until I followed your great instructions on how to download!!!

Thanks

Marie

Like 0      
26 Mar 2007 11:34 AM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      
26 Mar 2007 12:23 PM by mariecw Star rating in Limerick, Ireland & .... 140 posts Send private message

mariecw´s avatar

Hi Janice,

God, How I wished that I looked like that girl on my name avatar !! The blond hair is right, the rest is wishful thinking !!! Whats your opinion of Formentera del Segura. You are the expert on the area !!!!

Marie

Like 0      
26 Mar 2007 12:29 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      
26 Mar 2007 1:02 PM by mariecw Star rating in Limerick, Ireland & .... 140 posts Send private message

mariecw´s avatar

Thanks  Janice

Im still new at the concept of message boards and subjects etc

Guys sorry about the thread - its off to Happy Chit chat for me !!

Kind Regards

Marie

Like 0      
29 Mar 2007 8:27 PM by frizzby5 Star rating in barnsley, south york.... 32 posts Send private message

Our experience with Parador seems to be similar to other peoples. We changed e-mail addresses a few months after buying the property in May 2004. We told them lots of times but our updates still went to the old address.

We had originally been given 30th Septemebr 2006 as a completion date but that came and went and all the excuses you could possible believe were sent our way. We were then told that it was ok to come to view the finished apartment, booked flights to spain, only to find out that the builders wouldn't allow us onsight as the other apartments were still being completed.

We were then given a completion date in january which was cancelled two days before with everyone blaiming everyone else. After all the hassle and constant chasing of paperwork the aftersales hardly seemed worth it.

Our friends bought through Atlas and had none of these problems and paid a fraction of the price. Lesson learned for next time.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

The reality of Cheap Inspection Tours - 0 posts
Estate Agents Deposit - 17 posts
Lecrin Valley - 2 posts
Montesinos/Naranjos - 10 posts
Broadband in Spain - 23 posts
Aroca Seiquer & Asociados - 43 posts
Looking for a good bi-lingual solicitor in Spanish Family Law. - 4 posts
Flight pictures .. a real hoot ! - 18 posts
Still looking for reformer.. - 30 posts
Just something really to think about.............. - 371 posts
BMI Cardiff - 1 posts
Message for member "Marda" - 0 posts
Development 2 YEARS behind schedule! - 4 posts
Polaris World - 4 posts
Break in - 11 posts
Non-residents buying a car in Spain - 16 posts
The best way to transfer money to Spain (Seriously)! - 92 posts
IKEA Seville now delivering to the coast - 2 posts
estimation of entry date - 10 posts
Seems your UK rates bill can be slashed. Check it out with YOUR local council. - 3 posts
IS THERE NO END TO THE NUMBER OF NEW MEMBERS? - 26 posts
Tax returns in spain - 1 posts
Annual retreats/conference - 1 posts
Offer on UK house. - 9 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 83

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x