Free Prescriptions?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
20 Jul 2009 12:00 AM by Val Star rating in Pinar de Campoverde .... 160 posts Send private message

Val´s avatar

My husband is a diabetic for which he takes tablets.  We know we are entitled for up to 2 years free healthcare in Spain after moving over.  Can anyone tell us if this includes free prescriptions or will we have to pay for them and if so, will he get free  prescriptions when he is 65 in a couple of years time?

Make the most of today.  It has taken all your life to get her...

Like 0      
20 Jul 2009 10:23 PM by claire T Star rating in Torremendo, Orihuela. 689 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter

Hi Val - as far as I am aware, the cover you are entitled to is what spanish citizens get and they have subsidised prescriptions, rather than free.  My previous blood pressure medication cost me 80 cents but my new one is 10 euros - not really sure what the rules are here but it might be that my new medication is much dearer so I pay more?

Hopefully someone else will be able to give you a more concrete answer!

Like 0      
21 Jul 2009 9:37 AM by auntielinda Star rating in San Miguel de Salina.... 646 posts Send private message

If you are registered on the Spanish system and are a pensionista from the UK i.e a woamn of 60 a man of 65 you will be treated exactly as a Spanish National but you need to obtain E112 and yes on this you do get free prescriptions. When you are contacted (if you are I personally wasn't & had to get in touch ) by the DWP you need to tell them you are a Spanish resident and that you have a spouse who is a dependant (they are treated on your INSS number)

If you are being treated on E106 your treatment is the same as a Spanish national so you will have to pay towards your prescriptions

Hope this helps you

Great Auntie Linda

Like 0      
21 Jul 2009 5:48 PM by ayrez Star rating in La Marina Oasis. 379 posts Send private message

Hi Val

If you are already 60 you can both be treated as pensionistas and your husband is your dependant. We did this and my OH gets all his prescriptions (10 per month) free.

As stated in previous posts you will need to contact Newcastle to obtain E forms.

Jean

Like 0      
21 Jul 2009 6:51 PM by Val Star rating in Pinar de Campoverde .... 160 posts Send private message

Val´s avatar

Thank you for the replies but we are not yet retirement age, hence the query.  We know we are entitled to upto 2 years free healthcare as early retirees with Form E106.  The query is whether that also entitles my husband to free prescriptions.  

Make the most of today.  It has taken all your life to get her...

Like 0      
23 Jul 2009 10:13 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

As you are not yet of retirement age, you will get a 60% discount on the cost of the medication issued on prescription by a GP.  Medication issued in hospitals are free of charge.

When you reach retirement age, prescriptions are free.

Like 0      
12 Aug 2009 2:01 AM by jamesaliern Star rating in all over. 13 posts Send private message

Is healthcare in Spain Free? I should move there.

Like 0      
12 Aug 2009 4:23 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

in memory of henry surtees - 1 posts
LOOKING FOR WINTER LET IN ALMORADI - 5 posts
Reform - resources - 6 posts
Spanish Architect - 2 posts
Thats it we will be off......... - 25 posts
Rental - 0 posts
Helping British Expats in Spain - 0 posts
Justin - 3 posts
Holidays in Spain ... Yeah!!! - 1 posts
uk shopping in spain - furniture and electrials - 0 posts
Disappearing 'Flog it' - 9 posts
Re Speeding fine - 32 posts
puerto banus - 2 posts
driving the south coast of spain from barcelona to algarve - 1 posts
Judgement won what should I do next - 3 posts
BEWARE OF ROBBERS - 2 posts
Long term parking - 2 posts
Are there REALLY bargain properties on the Costa Del Sol??? - 0 posts
Finestrat Charity Variety Show - 0 posts
plus advisors - 3 posts
Having a great time in Spain - 2 posts
Parking charges at Reus - 2 posts
To All Finca Parc Investors in Danger of Losing Deposits - 4 posts
New Law in evicting tenants in Spain! - 5 posts
RYANAIR WINTER FLIGHTS - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x