Know any good Administrators?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
18 Jul 2009 1:31 PM by myra cecilia Star rating in Manilva Malaga. 213 posts Send private message

Morerosado. Then she is in charge and can with the agreement of her community and their votes taken at a EGM sack the administrators.

Irene. Come on you do not have to put up with this. Why dont you start the ball rolling. others may follow suit. Bad adminstration is rife here. I know one non spanish adminstrator who gives a terrible service to over 50 communties and who has admitted to me that he is laughing all the way to the bank whilst the  community members bleat. We only have ourselves to blame

Anyone out there willing to help start a movement to stamp out bad practices and get Spain its good name back.

This message was last edited by myra cecilia on 18/07/2009.

This message was last edited by myra cecilia on 18/07/2009.

Myra Cecilia. www.costaadvicebureau.com

Like 0      
18 Jul 2009 3:30 PM by Irene&Alan Star rating in Formentera del Segur.... 701 posts Send private message

Irene&Alan´s avatar

Oh I have already started the ball rolling to change, believe me. I have spoken to two alternative administrators and am about to organise an EGM to change administrators, but I've been told that the current administrator could demand his salary for the whole year and if that were to happen, then my owners wouldn't be happy with me and therefore, we'd have to wait until next March for the AGM.

Myra: you obviously realised from More's response, that I AM the president!

I've been a little busy until recently though, organising a small, but important event in our lives (our own wedding). Now that's done and dusted, I'm on the case with the administrator!

Irene

Like 0      
18 Jul 2009 10:08 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

Irene,

If the current Administrator has a signed contract, you will have to pay him until the end of it.

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
18 Jul 2009 11:46 PM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar

Karen

We sacked our administrators last September when they still had 6 months of their contract to run. We didn't pay them for the remaining months.

I don't quite know how that came about but I think they were fully aware of their total incompetence & they knew that if they took us to court, that they wouldn't stand a chance of winning.

We also had an agreement with the new administrators that if we did have to pay the sacked administrators anything, then they would forgo payment of an equal amount. I think that kind of promise indicates that they were 100% sure that we would win any case against us due to the incompetence & negligence of the original administrators.

Our new administrators have done a very good job, not only sorting out the awful mess but they have also increased the amount of community fees being collected. I would say though that I firmly believe that the President has to be very proactive in keeping the pressure on to get things done otherwise they drift for far too long.

Noreen

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      
20 Jul 2009 1:23 AM by arne56 Star rating in La Cañada and Uppsal.... 192 posts Send private message

arne56´s avatar

Hi

You do not need to hire an idministrator. In fact the Horizontal Property Act section 13, assumes that the Presiden is the administrator

"5. The functions of secretary and administrator shall be carried out by the president of the community except where the statutes, or the general assembly by a majority resolution, provide that such offices be held separately from the Presidency."

It is also possible to run the community by your own with a professional assistance from an administator.

Section 13 also state how to sack an administrator:

"7. The term of office for all governing bodies of the community shall be of one calendar year unless otherwise provided for by the community statutes.

The persons designated may be removed from their posts before the expiration of their term of office by a resolution of the general assembly, convened to hold an extraordinary session."

TRANSLATION INTO ENGLISH BY CASTILLO TRADUCTORES

Better listen to a breaking string than newer draw a bow.

Like 0      
20 Jul 2009 9:12 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

A comment to Karensun statement ( below in bold green):

Irene,

If the current Administrator has a signed contract, you will have to pay him until the end of it.

Provided he fulfils his part of the contract as you can always cancel the contract and stop paying him if he does not carry on with what he is obligued to.

Best Monday!

Maria

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
20 Jul 2009 9:47 AM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

Thanks Maria for telling me that !

Good to know there is a way out if needed.

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

INDUSTRIAL UNITS - WAREHOUSES TO LET - 0 posts
Property Agent - 2 posts
If currently you're experiencing problems sourcing a hire car in the Torrevieja area of the CB ..... - 0 posts
Marbella : fractional ownership - 1 posts
Blood Donation in Spain - 4 posts
location of estate agents - 5 posts
PLEASE can someone help Dama, a beautiful Beagle - 0 posts
Colin, please show us how you put your pics on. (You said if I asked in here, you would !) - 4 posts
HOLIDAY LETS - 1 posts
Calais to the Mar Menor - 2 posts
Selling without the estate agent - 5 posts
help wonted - 3 posts
Happy Birthday Arm - 2 posts
Taking an irish reg car to spain - 1 posts
What is the current commercial property rate in Vancouver? - 5 posts
More on Polaris World refunds - 4 posts
long term rental needed - 5 posts
Clause 5 - 2 posts
THE NEW BEER DOWN THE SHIRT FASHION - 1 posts
Summer Feria Sabinillas - 1 posts
door eccessories sale - 0 posts
Electoral Register - 4 posts
new kitchen compony - 0 posts
mobility scooter for sale - 0 posts
Happy Birthday Costas - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 27

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x