Electoral Register

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
12 Jul 2009 00:00 by sleuth01 Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

I would like to know what the difference is between having residency which we have and being on the Electoral Register, what the costs are and if there is any real benefit, as someone suggested to me that we should think about getting this - any advice would be appreciated.

Like 0      
13 Jul 2009 11:56 by maylin Star rating in Andalucia and Hertfo.... 70 posts Send private message

Hi sleuth01

Residency, I believe, is different from registering on the electoral roll. One states you are resident in the country with all the benefits that has.

The other is the same as the UK gives you the right to vote.

It is many years since we first registered but it was quite simple. Just go along to your town hall, ours was very helpful and glad we registered. Apparantly they get funds from central government for each person registered.

As you know everywhere is different but we took the usual bundle of papers -Residency/NIE, Passport, Copy escritura etc.

It was very quick and gave us the right to vote.

Hope that helps



Like 0      
13 Jul 2009 16:26 by sleuth01 Star rating. 8 posts Send private message


Many thanks for the information its been very useful.  I am sick of people trying to rip us off so I try to check things out before spending out money to see if its worthwhile.

Thanks again

Like 0      
13 Jul 2009 17:57 by maylin Star rating in Andalucia and Hertfo.... 70 posts Send private message

Hi sleuth01

                    Glad to be of help.

It should not cost you any money to register.

It is your right, just as in the UK.

Usually there is someone there who is only too willing to help even if you don't speak any Spanish

Good Luck



Like 0      
13 Jul 2009 18:06 by morerosado Star rating in Guardamar del Segura.... 6942 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi sleuth, it's called signing on the Padron, we have. It costs nothing & they get extra funding for services such as police, hospitals, fire service etc. You certainly need passport(s), NIE(s) & escritura (or copia simple).


PLEASE SUPPORT  http://www.galgosdelsol.org/ 







Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

new kitchen compony - 0 posts
mobility scooter for sale - 0 posts
Happy Birthday Costas - 1 posts
private Chauffeur services - 0 posts
Bus to Algeciras - 2 posts
Happy Birthday Susan - 10 posts
Party supplies - 8 posts
Fical representative - 3 posts
wonted a room in a house for about 2months rentall - 1 posts
Rights of disabled apartment owners - 0 posts
It's Not Just the Spanish - 0 posts
Railings or solid fencing ? - 12 posts
Kevin Clarke?? Absolute Spain?? - 3 posts
Mr - 5 posts
Driving in Flip Flops - 31 posts
How do I get from Marbella bus station at 11pm to Duquesa - the bus has stopped! - 13 posts
water leak - are we responsible? - 4 posts
Repossessed properties--BEWARE - 1 posts
Has anyone successfully bought a heavily discounted property on the formerly Arenal Duquesa site? - 8 posts
Bank Guarantee - 12 posts
Hot Tub on Terrace? - 5 posts
Sewage smell coming from Aircon Vents.. - 7 posts
fractional ownership - 3 posts
non resident bank charges - 19 posts
Gas BBQ - Garden Furniture - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Compare car hire in Spain

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x