Know any good Administrators?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
14 Jul 2009 12:00 AM by Roo Star rating in Southport/La Canada. 59 posts Send private message

We own a property in a small community in the Alicante/Murcia region - our community has been set up for less than a year, but our administrators have lied to us and don't seem to be getting anything done - worse than this, they are charging us a vast amount in community fees (which they say is so that there is enough money in the pot to cover community expenses).  Is 630 euros for 1 year a reasonable amount to have to pay, considering that our community doesn't have lifts, communal areas or large gardens and only one small pool.  We don't think so, and are therefore asking for the help of those of you with efficient and reasonably-priced administrators (there must be some?) to let us know who they are so that we can look into changing ours.

Any help much appreciated, either on this thread or feel free to PM me.

Many thanks folks!

Like 0      
14 Jul 2009 7:42 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

Have sent you a Private message...................

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
14 Jul 2009 7:47 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

We have just changed ours but you may be quite some way from us. Exactly where r u please ? (Put in a PM if you're unhappy about saying on forum). There are a number of La Canada's in the Alicante/Murcia area.  

If you're near enough you can contact our new one who seems to be doing a much better job (more hands on) than our previous one who we kept FIVE YEARS !! (I ask you )

This message was last edited by morerosado on 14/07/2009.

Like 0      
16 Jul 2009 3:18 PM by Irene&Alan Star rating in Formentera del Segur.... 701 posts Send private message

Irene&Alan´s avatar

Isn't that an oxymoron!!!!!!!!!!

Irene

Like 0      
16 Jul 2009 3:25 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Like 0      
16 Jul 2009 4:10 PM by Irene&Alan Star rating in Formentera del Segur.... 701 posts Send private message

16 Jul 2009 4:58 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

oxymoron!!!!!!!!!! Irene ???

Like 0      
16 Jul 2009 7:24 PM by Irene&Alan Star rating in Formentera del Segur.... 701 posts Send private message

Irene&Alan´s avatar

Oxymoron Definition. Oxymorons (or oxymora) are literary figures of speech usually composed of a pair of neighbouring contradictory words

ergo;  good / administrator

Irene

Like 0      
16 Jul 2009 7:27 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Yes but how did that relate to what I wrote ?

Like 0      
16 Jul 2009 7:52 PM by sandra Star rating in . 812 posts Send private message

sandra´s avatar

Irene,

Stop being facetious it is not always appreciated by the more obtuse amongst us!!

Like 0      
16 Jul 2009 9:08 PM by Irene&Alan Star rating in Formentera del Segur.... 701 posts Send private message

Irene&Alan´s avatar

Me - facetious - about administrators?  I haven't heard of a good administrator let alone an amusing one.

Everyone moans like hell about administrators. I thought they were a necessary evil, but have recently found out that the president can be the administrator. Food for thought....

Irene

Like 0      
17 Jul 2009 3:05 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

Irene,

I think all this wedding stuff has gone to your head!!!

It's bad enough being Presidente WITHOUT being the Administrator as well !!!

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
17 Jul 2009 5:24 PM by myra cecilia Star rating in Manilva Malaga. 213 posts Send private message

Good and honest administrators. A rare breed but exist. Remember it is the president who is in charge and you vote him in. If he is corrupt well.

I recently gave a talk to a group of presidents and vice presidents at a beautiful hotel. Some were rather shocked to learn of their personal liability should things go wrong.  Can advise of good adminstration but only on the Costa del Sol.

Myra Cecilia. www.costaadvicebureau.com

Like 0      
17 Jul 2009 5:47 PM by Roo Star rating in Southport/La Canada. 59 posts Send private message

That's a shame Myra, as I am in the Costa Blanca area - I have had some recommendations from various kind people, (one of which was the administrator we already use, which just goes to show maybe 'better the devil you know'!!) which will be followed up, but I think the general impression I get is that good/honest hard-working administrators are as rare as hen's teeth.

I would still appreciate any more recommendations from anyone.

Many thanks for all your responses.

Like 0      
17 Jul 2009 6:01 PM by myra cecilia Star rating in Manilva Malaga. 213 posts Send private message

Roo. Seriously with a good president all should go well. You are the bosses through him and not the adminstrators. I have helped so many people to understand their statutes and the law pertaining to Admin of finca's. I have started blogging. One of the blogs may interest you. I will try to find time to write one on communities. I hate injustice and continually fight against it. Probably why I usually arrive home with a headache. Today was one of the utilities. I will do a blog on that one. Funny if it was not so serious.

This message was last edited by myra cecilia on 17/07/2009.

Like 0      
17 Jul 2009 6:17 PM by Roo Star rating in Southport/La Canada. 59 posts Send private message

Thanks Myra - I will take a look at your blogs in future, they sound very useful. Any chance of you opening a branch of the Costa Advice Bureau in the Torrevieja area?! You are doing such a good job for the lucky people on the Costa del Sol!

Like 0      
17 Jul 2009 6:22 PM by myra cecilia Star rating in Manilva Malaga. 213 posts Send private message

Thank you Roo. Work for little cash and much gratitude. Opened second office but too costly to run. But I am assisting in any area of Spain but from the Estepona office mornings and home office afternoons.

Like 0      
18 Jul 2009 3:13 AM by Irene&Alan Star rating in Formentera del Segur.... 701 posts Send private message

Irene&Alan´s avatar

Yes I know Karensun. But we currently have an administrator who doesn't like dealing with a woman and simply ignores me. Now there's one thing I won't be and that's ignored!!

They don't appear to do anything and certainly are not working for the community - only themselves. I guess I sound very cynical - well I am when it comes to administrators.

Our administrator ignores my communications - I don't think he likes dealing with a woman. He thinks he is in charge - actually currently he is and I want to change that.

Irene

Like 0      
18 Jul 2009 11:33 AM by myra cecilia Star rating in Manilva Malaga. 213 posts Send private message

It may be hard to believe in this day and age that a woman can feel discriminated against. I agree and it does happen.  does your community not have a president as he should directing your question to the administrator. As i keep repeating the admin works for you and not vice versa. Do not give up the fight. I will give you any moral assistance that you need.

Like 0      
18 Jul 2009 1:18 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Irene, our President is a woman & seems to get on very well with our new admin. You should change if you are paying your admin to basically just ignore you. That will never do.

If you want details of ours you are welcome via a PM.

Myra, Irene is the President.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 18/07/2009.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

INDUSTRIAL UNITS - WAREHOUSES TO LET - 0 posts
Property Agent - 2 posts
If currently you're experiencing problems sourcing a hire car in the Torrevieja area of the CB ..... - 0 posts
Marbella : fractional ownership - 1 posts
Blood Donation in Spain - 4 posts
location of estate agents - 5 posts
PLEASE can someone help Dama, a beautiful Beagle - 0 posts
Colin, please show us how you put your pics on. (You said if I asked in here, you would !) - 4 posts
HOLIDAY LETS - 1 posts
Calais to the Mar Menor - 2 posts
Selling without the estate agent - 5 posts
help wonted - 3 posts
Happy Birthday Arm - 2 posts
Taking an irish reg car to spain - 1 posts
What is the current commercial property rate in Vancouver? - 5 posts
More on Polaris World refunds - 4 posts
long term rental needed - 5 posts
Clause 5 - 2 posts
THE NEW BEER DOWN THE SHIRT FASHION - 1 posts
Summer Feria Sabinillas - 1 posts
door eccessories sale - 0 posts
Electoral Register - 4 posts
new kitchen compony - 0 posts
mobility scooter for sale - 0 posts
Happy Birthday Costas - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 27

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x