Calais to the Mar Menor

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
13 Jul 2009 12:00 AM by glennhambling Star rating in Norwich and San Pedr.... 23 posts Send private message

I am considering driving from Calais to the Mar Menor area in September. I have always flown into Murcia airport but thought this might be an interesting trip. Has anyone any tips or advice, such as Toll roads or not, how much it will cost in fuel, cheap B&B's etc etc

I understand viamichelin is a good website that givs information but I was looking for personal experiences.

Like 0      
19 Jul 2009 11:33 AM by lyndy Star rating in Barnsley,South Yorks.... 125 posts Send private message

lyndy´s avatar

Hi ,

If you click onto the roda golf & beach resort forum on here , you can find a thread ' driving to Roda ',its on page 7 ,this will give you all the info you require.

Regards

Lynda & Dave

Like 0      
19 Jul 2009 2:36 PM by Jontymellor Star rating in Warrington & Cabo R.... 144 posts Send private message

My wife and I drive twice a year to spain, my brother has a place in San Cayetarno, my place is in Cabo Roig, the had part is the drive to Dover then the drive in France, we usually get a 2 or 3 am ferry from spain, have a rest in Calais port, toilet wash in the port facilities, then start around 6am heading off towards Ruoan, spelling my be wrong, then oh to orleans turning off towards Pointier, on to Tours, finding the N10 or the mororway A10 tolls,to boardouxe, spelling bad sorry, we then look for a hotel around Dax, Boarder of spain, this is around 10 to 12 hours easy driving, probibly 45euros tolls unless you stay with the N10, but the round a bouts can drive you mad? I stay in Bayoue, oh my god I wish I kew the correct spelling sorry, 45 to 60euros a room with breaky, then over to Spain sansabastion, then up the mountains to pamplona, drive on to Zaragoza,  Truel, valencia, after verlencia I take the inland road Alcoi, then Ibi, dropping into Alicanti, on to the A7 or N332 Toriveca, coast rd to Murcia, the spanish legg takes usually 10hours.

Take usual security measures, ifyou are going to have a kip, always use a Petrol station services, be aware of poeple trying to flag you down being the one telling you a flat tyre and other things, you will here of horror stories, but I have been caravaning in europe and now driving to my apartment over the last 18 years covered many miles, and had no problems.

I always have medical cover and AA euorope, I have never needed them in europe but for the cost of £35 ayear for insurance medical and a extra £40 on the AA , it's not worth the agro.

People say why drive, my car does 60MPH if I drive sensable, 100e on tolls there & back 120e on digs there & back £50 ferry, 5 tanks of petrol, including what used in spain on hols, these are max costs, £450 to 500, for a car o2 adults and a kid as the hotel rooms are usually a double & single, and the ferry is a car full.

Flight I have used for my wife last month £132 retun, airport taxi or car and parking £50, I'm a disabled large man so the cattle run to tha aircraft is not what I like, so for me that has a Price, I would not go over there for less that 16-17 days, so car hire for a equivolent to my Megane would be £110 a week, there prices on a tank full of fuel hopefully with alll insurances, £310 for 2 weeks car fees, better have the car at the airport not after or thats another £40 taxi fees, £624 for 2

Sorry for going on a bit, The bit over Sansabastion to Velencia, from november to April can be snowey, but we still love the veiws even now.

Jont

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Selling without the estate agent - 5 posts
help wonted - 3 posts
Happy Birthday Arm - 2 posts
Taking an irish reg car to spain - 1 posts
What is the current commercial property rate in Vancouver? - 5 posts
More on Polaris World refunds - 4 posts
long term rental needed - 5 posts
Clause 5 - 2 posts
THE NEW BEER DOWN THE SHIRT FASHION - 1 posts
Summer Feria Sabinillas - 1 posts
door eccessories sale - 0 posts
Electoral Register - 4 posts
new kitchen compony - 0 posts
mobility scooter for sale - 0 posts
Happy Birthday Costas - 1 posts
private Chauffeur services - 0 posts
Bus to Algeciras - 2 posts
Happy Birthday Susan - 10 posts
Party supplies - 8 posts
Fical representative - 3 posts
wonted a room in a house for about 2months rentall - 1 posts
Rights of disabled apartment owners - 0 posts
It's Not Just the Spanish - 0 posts
Railings or solid fencing ? - 12 posts
Kevin Clarke?? Absolute Spain?? - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x