Framon Motors

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
27 Jun 2009 12:00 AM by richychap Star rating. 40 posts Send private message

Does anyone have experience of buying a cheap second hand car from Framon Motors near Torrevieja.

Or can anyone recomend somewhere to buy a cheap runaround near murcia.

Thanks

Richard

Like 0      
27 Jun 2009 11:44 AM by kev2006n Star rating in Sussex and Playa Fla.... 344 posts Send private message

I went and looked 10 days ago and I did not think they were cheap. I was offered a Focus Estate, it must have been pre 2002 as the indicators were not built into the headlights and he wanted 6000 Euros. I have a 2002 Focus here and I can't even get offered £2000 in a garage! Lets hope the scrappage scheme continues for a few years more!

Has anyone bought a good second hand car and a fair price or even a new one! I'm off on Thursday so any help will be great.

Like 0      
27 Jun 2009 12:15 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi both

I think you'll find Spain is very much more expensive than here in the UK when buying second hand cars. (Forget about how little they are to buy in the UK). We knew they were expensive but still got a shock when looking ourselves earlier this month. They hold their value because they don't rust like here in the UK. I don't think Framons are more expensive necessarily, we looks at loads.

Framon motors at Bigastro do have a free service (for as long as you own the car) that could help those who would otherwise need to leave their own car at Alicante or Murcia airport (costs you) or get a taxi (costs you) or rely on friends. They collect your car from the airport, store it till you return then take it to the airport for your return.

Our friends have a Red Seat Leon, 5 door, 1.6, 16valve, petrol, with climate Control. Registered Oct 2000, 2 yr ITV, full service history, quality reliable car. 3700€. but we wanted a much newer car. We have others friends selling their blue Nissan Micra 1.4 2003, 75000 km, excellent runner, reliable and economical, 2,700€ 

This message was last edited by morerosado on 27/06/2009.

Like 0      
27 Jun 2009 12:25 PM by kev2006n Star rating in Sussex and Playa Fla.... 344 posts Send private message

Hi, You may be right about the free parking at the airport. However, the chap in the garage never informed me of that fact. It seems hard to believe that someone is going to do that 10 times a year for as long as I own the car for no extra cost!  Even so 6000 Euros for a 7+ years old Focus does seem on the steep side, Spain or anywhere else. In any event I don't think rust is the main factor in determining the life of the car. 

I think i might see what sort of deal can be struck on a new small car. I've seen a years airport parking down as low as 220 Euros. Now what I really need is someone that wants to share a car out there. Any interest? Split costs on distances driven or some other basis? Let me know.

This message was last edited by kev2006n on 27/06/2009.

Like 0      
27 Jun 2009 12:45 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Kev, I edited my post as you were posting. I've also sent you a PM.

Like 0      
27 Jun 2009 3:13 PM by Jack5340 Star rating in Calahonda Costa Del .... 56 posts Send private message

Justin,

I saw an article on buying a car in Spain in an eyeonspain article on driving in Spain re personalcarshopper.net. I tried the link within the article but was unable to connect. Has the company ceased trading?

It seemed a good idea. If they have ceased are there any other companies providing a similar service.

Like 0      
27 Jun 2009 5:41 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

A few years ago, the UK was expensive for cars compared to parts of mainland Europe. People used to flock abroad to buy new cars and import them. You had to wait a few extra weeks because you wanted a RHD and not LHD. Is it possible in the UK to order a LHD car from the dealers and export it?

Mark

Like 0      
27 Jun 2009 6:53 PM by kev2006n Star rating in Sussex and Playa Fla.... 344 posts Send private message

Marksfish. Spoken to Citreon up in London today. They will supply a UK registered car with left hand drive, lights all sorted out for Europe and offered a good price. Nissan are prepared to do the same. 

Just need to really understand the rules for UK cars in Spain or the proper cost of importing it at some point in the future.

Like 0      
27 Jun 2009 6:55 PM by kev2006n Star rating in Sussex and Playa Fla.... 344 posts Send private message

Morerosado, Although I have asked to be allowed private messages and confirmation that I can I still can't see them. I'll try again tomorrow. 

Like 0      
27 Jun 2009 6:57 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Kev, I only sent you a PM as, with you posting 48 times, you should have access, sorry.

Like 0      
27 Jun 2009 7:32 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

It would be interesting to know the costs involved, obviously you would have to drive it down initially, but after that... I don't know about re- registering costs for a new car, but if it is supplied as Spanish spec, I can't see there being a problem. I wonder if you would be able to register it in Spain from the UK as a part of the deal?

Mark

Like 0      
01 Sep 2009 9:47 AM by steve.laird Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

We have just purchased a small c2001 Renault Clio 1.9TD from a smallish garage in the Murcia Area .  Autos Corleone (cant post links yet )

Can't say if its any good , but they speak good English we looked around . It cost us 4,200E . Used cars seem to be twice the UK price . Now looking for somewhere that will park / drop / pick up from Murcia airport ... any suggestions ? 

I am told that the Spanish Police are not keen on UK registered cars - and tend to stop them more often and also tow them off if they see them parked up for any length of time.

Watch out for the dreaded local transfer tax (4% of the cost) - but our price was inclusive

Like 0      
01 Sep 2009 10:36 AM by roddy1 Star rating in Leeds/ Balsicas. 250 posts Send private message

roddy1´s avatar

Hi Kev

If you go to a bar called the Wentworth in San Javier at the Hispanic Centre, have a word with the owner, he bought a Mercedes that way. I believe that it is just a case of re-registering to Spanish plates & import tax. The best advice is have word with him he's done it to clarify everything and avoid any pitfalls.

Like 0      
01 Sep 2009 4:57 PM by ayrez Star rating in La Marina Oasis. 379 posts Send private message

Steve

Do not know if you would be interested but there is a new parking site has just opened at Murcia. It is next to the AP7 airport turnoff.

Just in case, they are on the net as planeparking dot es.

Jean

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Siesta Show on Cable TV - Well done Colin - 6 posts
Fortuna golf, what do we do now? - 2 posts
La Puebla, Cartegena, Murcia - 11 posts
Transfering money back to UK - 37 posts
LAWYERS/SOLICITORS/ABOGADOS, - 2 posts
Spanish Music - 0 posts
Hot Poperties - 0 posts
Molina de la Puebla, Cartegena, Murcia - 10 posts
Michael Jackson has passed away! - 38 posts
coackroaches - 2 posts
Solmar car hire - 3 posts
transferring money . - 27 posts
Merino Wool Underblankets... - 0 posts
buying property in spain - 16 posts
Hello from us. - 3 posts
Internet Techy Question - 18 posts
Free book on Community Finances - 2 posts
Is this the time to buy a business? - 10 posts
Recording Studio wanted - 0 posts
Alicante Hogueras fiestas this evening - 0 posts
SOFA BEDS FOR SALE - 0 posts
Help Athentic spanish gift needed for the man that has everything...! - 2 posts
Online registration for the payment of non resident’s la renta tax - 40 posts
Licence of First Ocupation - 2 posts
getting rid of wasp's nest - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 14

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x