Michael Jackson has passed away!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
26 Jun 2009 12:00 AM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

Michael Jackson, the greatest pop icon the world has ever known, or will ever know has left us for, in his words 'a better place'.

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
26 Jun 2009 12:00 AM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

The world is now 'a sadder place'.

This message was last edited by TechNoApe on 26/06/2009.

www.andalucianstyle.com

Like 0      
26 Jun 2009 2:30 AM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

Michael...

"Don't stop 'til you get enough!"

This message was last edited by TechNoApe on 26/06/2009.

www.andalucianstyle.com

Like 0      
26 Jun 2009 2:36 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Wow, what a shocker. Thought he was just making a comeback with his UK concerts.

He's certainly had a colourful life (ups and downs).

He will certainly always be rememberd as one of the greats.

Justin 

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
26 Jun 2009 8:22 AM by sterling Star rating in Kent & Partaloa, Alm.... 206 posts Send private message

I am both shocked and sadened by the news of Michael Jacksons passing,

I was fortunate enough to meet him many years ago and saw him perform at Wembley on his 'Bad' tour he was an Icon and will always be remembered in the same way as Elvis & John Lennon.

R.I.P. Michael......

x

Like 0      
26 Jun 2009 9:07 AM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Shocked...............one of my favourite artists...............I have all his music

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
26 Jun 2009 9:37 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

I remember when I first watched the video of " Thriller" wow... how impacting. What a way to dance!

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
26 Jun 2009 9:54 AM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

Very sad to hear this.  The end of an icon, an era and  not just the king of pop, but a great talent.

Maria

quite agree. Has there ever been a better pop video than thriller?. I don't think so.

Like 0      
26 Jun 2009 11:08 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

A true legend, there will never be another Michael Jackson.

Susan

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
26 Jun 2009 11:21 AM by tinto. Star rating in Scotland & Nr Estepo.... 243 posts Send private message

tinto.´s avatar

Are all you people conveniently forgetting about his private life.

Like 0      
26 Jun 2009 11:32 AM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Tinto,

He was not convicted..............I admit it leaves people with doubts...........

He did lead an odd lifestyle, but who wouldn't with his upbringing and domineering Father?

We must not forget, he was a great musician and entertainer.

Many people will be saddened at his death and have every right to post their thoughts.

Or are you suggesting people should be applauding then?

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
26 Jun 2009 12:02 PM by sandra Star rating in . 812 posts Send private message

sandra´s avatar

Such a sad and untimely end to an utterly outstanding talent and troubled life.

Like 0      
26 Jun 2009 12:05 PM by Cappielow Star rating in Sunny Greenock, Brus.... 471 posts Send private message

Cappielow´s avatar

My thoughts are with Bubbles at this sad time.

CondadoFamilyGolf.com

Like 0      
26 Jun 2009 12:08 PM by tinto. Star rating in Scotland & Nr Estepo.... 243 posts Send private message

tinto.´s avatar

There is no doubting his talents but that does not forgive his misdemeanors by a long way, and remember O J Simpson was not convicted either.

Like 0      
26 Jun 2009 1:01 PM by joanmalaga Star rating in Costa del Sol. 419 posts Send private message

I dont forget about his personal life but at the end of the day we were not there to confirm what happened. He was a little weird and i think most people will agree.

All i can say is that it is a huge loss for the music industry and that i feel sorry for the million of fans that were looking forward to seeing him in the UK in July.

His music will live on forever like the other great ones!

When Elvis died it was also a real shame, nevertheless people were not criticising about forgetting about his drug use!

RIP Michael!

Like 0      
26 Jun 2009 4:56 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

It certainly was quite a shock to learn of his passing (I saw it unfold on Sky News late last night).

Sad too that hardly anyone mentioned Farrah Fawcett who died of cancer yesterday too, aged 62.

In memory of them both ... RIP

This message was last edited by morerosado on 26/06/2009.

Like 0      
26 Jun 2009 6:13 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar

Whatever MJ was accused of, no one can deny his absolute talent and what he has contributed to the music world over the last three decades and more.  A short, troubled life.  RIP MJ.  

One of my favourite records.

Like 0      
28 Jun 2009 11:17 PM by JC1 Star rating in Manchester and La Du.... 963 posts Send private message

JC1´s avatar

itr's always sad to hear somebody so popular and relatively young pass away but , in all honesty, i was more sad to hear that Farah Fawcett Majors had died too...I was never a fan of MJ but I know lots were but i did like Charlie's Angels.

Regards

John

Like 0      
29 Jun 2009 9:16 AM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

JC1

yes, I was sad to hear about Farrah also. I think she was a popular actress in a popular series, but I think another pretty actress could and did do much the same job?  MJ was a huge and rare talent, who was a real 1- off.  I don't think there will ever be another like him.

Like 0      
01 Jul 2009 12:54 AM by orda Star rating in Manilva Heights. 203 posts Send private message

orda´s avatar

My wife and I were very upset when Michael died as we saw him live at Wembley Stadium on the "BAD" tour.  I paid twice the going rate for the tickets but it was the best money I have ever spent on entertainment.  He was fantastic and gave us a night we will always remember.  His sheer talent was overwhelming and he gave every inch of himself to his audience. I feel honoured and grateful to have seen him.  I think people like Tinto who are all too quick to believe the guttersnipes who prey on the rich and vulnerable celebrities like MJ should be ashamed of themselves.  I believe that all he was guilty of was of trying to recapture his childhood, which was taken away from him by a pig of a father who only had $ signs, AND STILL DOES, in his eyes instead of seeing the handsome and talented young boy that was his son.  He even undermined his confidence further by telling him that he was ugly.  Hence the plastic surgery.  He wanted to share this relived childhood with other children which left him open to every evil opportunist scum from that sick society the "Money through litigation" country that is AMERICA!  I hope the money they stole makes them as miserable as is possible.  Thank you Michael for what you gave us and what you have left us.  The world is a lot emptier and sadder now, but at least you will be safe and at peace.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

coackroaches - 2 posts
Solmar car hire - 3 posts
transferring money . - 27 posts
Merino Wool Underblankets... - 0 posts
buying property in spain - 16 posts
Hello from us. - 3 posts
Internet Techy Question - 18 posts
Free book on Community Finances - 2 posts
Is this the time to buy a business? - 10 posts
Recording Studio wanted - 0 posts
Alicante Hogueras fiestas this evening - 0 posts
SOFA BEDS FOR SALE - 0 posts
Help Athentic spanish gift needed for the man that has everything...! - 2 posts
Online registration for the payment of non resident’s la renta tax - 40 posts
Licence of First Ocupation - 2 posts
getting rid of wasp's nest - 5 posts
Had to complete new mortgage with life insurance to keep property - 11 posts
Vegeterian restaurants in Vera area. - 13 posts
FOR SALE - BRAND NEW - BEDS - 1 KING & 2 SINGLE - 1,000 EUROS THE LOT - 0 posts
A link to claim against Courts in Spain - 2 posts
motorcycle letter delivery service - 0 posts
reluctant sale - 1 posts
Selling a property in Spain. - 5 posts
bringing over freesatbox - 8 posts
IS THIS THE NEW WEALTH TAX??? - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 40

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x