Renting out a propery

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
22 Apr 2009 12:00 AM by divamusic Star rating. 21 posts Send private message

Hi, We own a townhouse in a small community on the Costa del Sol which we use for holiday purposes. The community is mainly full time residential.

We have now decided to rent it out on a short term basis over the summer months for additional income.

We mainly rent out to families with children, but occasionally there are groups of people. We always ask our guests to respect the neighbours.

However, some of the other residents are not happy about us renting the house as there are new guests constantly and obviously they use the pool etc.

Can the community prevent me from renting my house out?

I'd be grateful if anyone can help.

Thanks

Like 0      
22 Apr 2009 11:43 AM by divamusic Star rating. 21 posts Send private message

Oops - title should read renting out a property!

Like 0      
22 Apr 2009 3:44 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Divamusic

Residents all over complain much the same, I think.   I think you need to look in your community rules which I very much doubt would NOT say 'renting out is prohibited.'

If you pay your community fees it makes no odds who is using your property unless there's abuse of community rules by which your tenants need to abide. That will not stop you renting out but I can see residents having an issue, as indeed I would too, if rules were abused & it would need to be addressed.(That's my opinion).However, if residents are just annoyed that there's different people coming & going & using the pool ..... tough !

This message was last edited by morerosado on 4/22/2009.

Like 0      
22 Apr 2009 3:50 PM by divamusic Star rating. 21 posts Send private message

Thanks Morerosado,

It was also answered in another thread by Maria and Jayce that the community cannot stop me from renting.

Like 0      
23 Apr 2009 3:47 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

Unless it is in the Community Statutes that renting is not allowed, of course you can rent out your property.

You, as the owner, are still liable if community rules are broken, as well as your renters. As an owner, the 'buck' stops with you.

It is also FACT that you can rent out your property even if you have NOT paid your Community Fees............no one can stop you according to Spanish Law.

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
25 Apr 2009 12:04 PM by 28sac Star rating in Walsall & Mallorca. 28 posts Send private message

Hi,

It must be different in Mallorca because even though in our statutes is says that renting is allowed 3 owners have had registered letters from the Spanish Tourist board and Hoteliers association telling them that they are being fined between €3050 & €30,000 each for renting their private apartment over the Internet in 2008.

This is happening now.

How can this be Legal?

28SAC

Like 0      
25 Apr 2009 12:30 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi 28sac, we've had discussions in the past on this on EOS & I understand there you need a licence in order to rent your property. If I could find the threads I'd post them here so you could read them but EOS recently changed their search facility & I find very little I am looking for these days, sorry.

Like 0      
25 Apr 2009 1:11 PM by 28sac Star rating in Walsall & Mallorca. 28 posts Send private message

Hi Morerosdo,

Thanks for the reply,

If anyone has any more info on this i would be very grateful

28SAC

Like 0      
25 Apr 2009 1:22 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi 28SAC

I know Maria de Castro (lawyer) wrote a lot, perhaps drop her a PM or start a new thread asking specifically about Majorca.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 4/25/2009.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Ryanair..Have you booked a flight? - 3 posts
Warning! Beware of Autos Velerin in Estepona - 3 posts
Polaris World Terrazas de la Torre Golf Resort - 4 posts
Hi All - 1 posts
Anyone living on a mobile home site? - 1 posts
Can you transfer money ..... - 16 posts
Court Embargo - 2 posts
Copy of Developers Bank Guarantee - 10 posts
What's a 'ticker'? - 9 posts
Lies, Damn Lies and Statistics...("And the band played believe it if you like...") - 5 posts
Is TV on your PC really possible? - 18 posts
Barclays Sabi - 2 posts
Number of posts - 5 posts
'C' Bar in Duquesa - 28 posts
Weather in June in Alicante - 6 posts
learning spanish - 3 posts
jive alive with jukebox - 0 posts
Check if your lawyer is registered - 7 posts
Car Hire - 4 posts
To warm your heart today ...................... - 4 posts
yellie38 - 3 posts
Vet near Madrid - 0 posts
Driving age in spain - 4 posts
Driving with pets - 1 posts
I do hope Mr O Leary of ryanair doesn't read this - 9 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x