Copy of Developers Bank Guarantee

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
21 Apr 2009 12:00 AM by friendly Star rating in North Lanarkshire. 125 posts Send private message

This question has probably been asked before but I have not seen it.  Does anyone know if I should have a copy of the Developers Bank Guarantee ?  Our solicitor said that they have it although we have not seen it.  We are due to complete on property soon.

Like 0      
21 Apr 2009 5:32 PM by JPD Star rating in Hull, East Yorkshire.... 391 posts Send private message

JPD´s avatar

I would defo ask for a copy many on this forum including ourselfs were told that the bank g/tee was fine and all in place only to find out later when it really mattered that it was not.

Like 0      
21 Apr 2009 6:53 PM by Tish Star rating in Surrey. 833 posts Send private message

You should ask the lawyer to fax you a copy of YOUR BG. It will say AVAL. It should hold your name, DOB, Passport number and the exact property that you are buying. Do not complete until you see The Licence of First Occupation. Do not  accept anyone say it is in place...see it with your own eyes. Once you sign for completion your BG, if there is one, becomes invalid.

Good Luck!

Like 0      
21 Apr 2009 7:00 PM by Chrissie1 Star rating in UK. 384 posts Send private message

Chrissie1´s avatar

Most definitely.  Dont agree to anything unless you have the bank guarantee, make sure it does not last for say 1 year because if there is going to be any problems and you need to fall back on it it will usually be a year or more when you will actually have to bring it into force.

Think of it as a receipt dont part with any money until you know the bank guarantee is valid from both the builders point of view and the bank. Your lawyer will if they are good make sure your back is covered.  I cannot stress this enough. If you have any questions PM maria decastro she will advise I am sure.

Regards

Chrissie   

Like 0      
21 Apr 2009 8:12 PM by Tish Star rating in Surrey. 833 posts Send private message

Good point Chrissie.  Check the expiry date of the BG. IF you have one  and it runs out sometime soon,demand to have it renewed until the LFO is in place. As Chrissie says, the property may be completed but no licence is granted. The property would then be illegal . Don't leave it all to your lawyer hoping he is doing all the right things. Check and double check. If your lawyer is on the ball...GREAT! If not, then that's when it can all go pear-shaped.

Like 0      
21 Apr 2009 8:29 PM by Chrissie1 Star rating in UK. 384 posts Send private message

Chrissie1´s avatar

Tish

When I saw the question I just panicked for 'friendly' my fingers just went on a trip.  You put it much better than me and I do wish I could have got this sort of info when I started out on the spanish dream.

Well put Trish and good luck friendly.

Regards Chrissie

Chrissie   

Like 0      
21 Apr 2009 8:41 PM by friendly Star rating in North Lanarkshire. 125 posts Send private message

Hi

Thanks for all the replys. They will make more aware now

Like 0      
21 Apr 2009 10:12 PM by Tish Star rating in Surrey. 833 posts Send private message

All learned from bitter experience Chrissie.   The corruption was there when we bought, but it had not been uncovered.

Like 0      
22 Apr 2009 6:07 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Ask your lawyer to send to you the original copy. He can keep a photocopy and if you ever need to execute it you can safely bring it back to him/her.

Bank Guarantees are what is called " titulos-valores" which in plain words value the amount written on it: as  a check, a promissory note or a bill of exchange.  A photocopy is not enough.

This message was last edited by mariadecastro on 4/22/2009.

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
22 Apr 2009 8:46 AM by Tish Star rating in Surrey. 833 posts Send private message

Oh yes Maria! I forgot one very important detail that shpould be written on the Aval! The amount guaranteed. It should be written in words too.

Maria, our original Lawyers were VERY reluctant to give us the original BG. My husband was even more reluctant not to leave their office without it!   He won!!

Like 0      
22 Apr 2009 10:03 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Well done!

Maria

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

What's a 'ticker'? - 9 posts
Lies, Damn Lies and Statistics...("And the band played believe it if you like...") - 5 posts
Is TV on your PC really possible? - 18 posts
Barclays Sabi - 2 posts
Number of posts - 5 posts
'C' Bar in Duquesa - 28 posts
Weather in June in Alicante - 6 posts
learning spanish - 3 posts
jive alive with jukebox - 0 posts
Check if your lawyer is registered - 7 posts
Car Hire - 4 posts
To warm your heart today ...................... - 4 posts
yellie38 - 3 posts
Vet near Madrid - 0 posts
Driving age in spain - 4 posts
Driving with pets - 1 posts
I do hope Mr O Leary of ryanair doesn't read this - 9 posts
good restaurants in Villamartin, Orihuella, San Miguel..? - 5 posts
Rudina web site - 3 posts
Jake Van Kralingen - 1 posts
Tony Gatehouse - 2 posts
our sky box - 8 posts
Accommodation and Conference Facilities - Costa Brava - 0 posts
Vulnerable Adults Charities - Are there any in Spain? - 2 posts
Looking to buy a scooter - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 11

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x