Court Embargo

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
21 Apr 2009 12:00 AM by johnbarnes Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

I have received a court document today regarding a car taken on a bank lease. It states that i have 10 days to pay the amount owing or the bank will place an embargo on my property and bank account.

An elderly relative guaranteed the lease and has also received the same document which seems to state that the court will enter the property of my relative in 10 days time and take furniture and goods to the value outstanding and also embargo their house and bank account.

I have offered to return the car and make payment arrangements with the bank prior to this but they do not respond to calls,visits to the branch or recorded delivery letters.

If anyone has any information i would be grateful as i am concerned for my relative rather than me.

Thanks

Like 0      
21 Apr 2009 11:10 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

If you are behind with the payments then they are within their rights to follow this. Its more likely they will embargo the bank account and take out whats owed.

Its probably best to get a lawyer to handle this as they will be able to get through and maybe sort out a payment scheme for you

Good luck

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
22 Apr 2009 6:00 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

That´s it.  A lawyer to contact them and try to stop the embargo procedure and sort out a payment schedule for you.

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Copy of Developers Bank Guarantee - 10 posts
What's a 'ticker'? - 9 posts
Lies, Damn Lies and Statistics...("And the band played believe it if you like...") - 5 posts
Is TV on your PC really possible? - 18 posts
Barclays Sabi - 2 posts
Number of posts - 5 posts
'C' Bar in Duquesa - 28 posts
Weather in June in Alicante - 6 posts
learning spanish - 3 posts
jive alive with jukebox - 0 posts
Check if your lawyer is registered - 7 posts
Car Hire - 4 posts
To warm your heart today ...................... - 4 posts
yellie38 - 3 posts
Vet near Madrid - 0 posts
Driving age in spain - 4 posts
Driving with pets - 1 posts
I do hope Mr O Leary of ryanair doesn't read this - 9 posts
good restaurants in Villamartin, Orihuella, San Miguel..? - 5 posts
Rudina web site - 3 posts
Jake Van Kralingen - 1 posts
Tony Gatehouse - 2 posts
our sky box - 8 posts
Accommodation and Conference Facilities - Costa Brava - 0 posts
Vulnerable Adults Charities - Are there any in Spain? - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x