'C' Bar in Duquesa

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
20 Apr 2009 12:00 AM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

Hi All,

We happened to be in 'C' Bar last Friday night, which is in the port of Duquesa, enjoying a few drinks during the 'happy hour (ahem!) and at around 8pm a solo guitarist appeared and started to perform.

All I can say is, what a performance... His name is Barry James and not only is he, IMHO, a brilliant guitarist, but also a wonderful entertainer.

From what I can gather this will be a regular gig, but if you can't get down to the 'C' bar on a Friday night, then check him out on MySpace at:

Barry James Prolific Studios

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
20 Apr 2009 6:08 PM by leema Star rating in Washington Tyne & We.... 655 posts Send private message

I agree with you Colin, we had a brilliant night there on Friday night, we got there about 6.30 and stayed until 11.30am,  will be there next time we come out. Love C bar

Maureen & Dennis

Coto Real

Like 0      
29 May 2009 8:25 AM by bakeja Star rating in Manilva. 49 posts Send private message

I don't know about the guitarist but I can vouch for the C Bar.  I was there with the missus on Saturday night and it was good.  Also nice to sit out during the day.  In this marina I also like Carolines which is great for warching sport in.

Advoco Law & Accountancy

Latest article: Guide to Spain's Autonomo System

Like 0      
29 May 2009 9:14 AM by leema Star rating in Washington Tyne & We.... 655 posts Send private message

Our favourite is now C Bar, as you say lovely to sit and have lunch, the meals are lovely and the happy hours is fab, can't wait to get back out, we always end up there and the staff are so friendly.

Maureen & Dennis

Coto Real

Like 0      
29 May 2009 11:09 AM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

Just wanted to say that they are now offering their new menu and they serve food until 8pm.

We happened (ahem) to be there on Wednesday... nothing to do with Barcelona giving Manchester United a good stuffing... honest! and we had a great time.

Started off with some lovely grub which left us stuffed, then a cerveza or three during happy hour, and then watched the match on one of their large TV's whilst sat on a comfy sofa... and had another cerveza or two!

Great evening capped off with a much deserved win for Barcelona!

www.andalucianstyle.com

Like 0      
29 May 2009 1:04 PM by advisor Star rating in London most of the t.... 311 posts Send private message

where abouts is it i the port-i have probably been in there and dont remember!

Nobody plans to fail, many fail to plan, sadly the result is the same.

Like 0      
29 May 2009 1:41 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

Yeah! I have that feeling sometimes... erm... what I mean is... I might have been in somewhere and not noticed the name of the place! (phew! got out of that one).

If you stand in the middle of the port with your back to the shops and bars, C bar is on your left about half way along the boulevard to your left.

www.andalucianstyle.com

Like 0      
29 May 2009 5:16 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar

TechNoApe, that is possibly one of the worst set of directions I've heard!  Now I realise why men don't like to ask for directions - they're petrified of what they might hear!!

So, would that be just on your right if entering the port by the main arched entrance near the supermarket?  Next to/near the two chinese restaurants?  Are you standing in front of the Tex/Mex restaurant/newspaper shop on the ground level, looking out to sea, or on the first level, looking out to sea, with the bars and shops to your rear??  Could you possibly still be in 'C' Bar?????

LOL 

Like 0      
29 May 2009 6:07 PM by advisor Star rating in London most of the t.... 311 posts Send private message

odd that one as it made decent sense to me!!!!

would have been easier if he had named all other bars on route!

Nobody plans to fail, many fail to plan, sadly the result is the same.

Like 0      
29 May 2009 7:05 PM by leema Star rating in Washington Tyne & We.... 655 posts Send private message

Hi Jan

Park your car in the car park, go thro the arch then turn left, its sort of back to back with the English butcher, if this makes sense.

We will have to start and think of what we are going to do for our girls night out, I come out on 16th July for ten days, what do you want to do, cbar will be packed and we won't get seats together.  Colins wife (Technoape ) is coming, you and Caroline and me and we should see if Susan (Justins wife) should come, also my daughet in law Ana, I 'm sure she will come.   Ana and Susan live back to back, I will ask a few others who will be out on Coto Real, they are a great bunch, you will love them.

Maureen & Dennis

Coto Real

Like 0      
30 May 2009 2:54 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

It made perfect sense to me, as if I'd mentioned any other bars or restaurants, or a car park, then you would have to know which SIDE of the port I am entering from, and also know where these other bars are. So if you don't know the port at all, it is easier to say to someone:

Stand in the middle of the port - This means it doesn't matter which side you came in from.

With your back to the bars and restaurants - if I'm stood in the middle of the port and my back is to these, then I must be looking at the boats and out to sea!

C bar is on your left about half way along the boulevard to your left - as in opposite to your right, where you can see there are no bars or restaurants at all!

They way I look at it is this, if you give someone directions that mention other places, then that person first requires knowledge of those other places!?!?!?!

So, if entering the port by the main arched entrance, you would need to know that this main archway is on the Eastern side of the port (or left side) in the middle, with the small Supermarket, which is next to the Taxi rank, and you would need to know where the Taxi rank is, on your right - then just turn left and walk about halfway along the boulevard.

Saying all of the above makes it very complicated and requires knowledge of what is where and where you are in the 1st place with regards to where I am talking about!?!!?!

Anyways, I am off down the C bar later and if you know where it is, then I'll see you there!

www.andalucianstyle.com

Like 0      
30 May 2009 4:11 PM by leema Star rating in Washington Tyne & We.... 655 posts Send private message

Keep your hair on Colin, I'm glad I know where cbar is, hope you and caroline are still enjoying it out there,  will see you both when we come out it july (in cbar) if I can find it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love to you both.

Maureen & Dennis

Coto Real

Like 0      
30 May 2009 4:57 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar

LOL!  Colin, my apologies to you!  You see, as a very logical minded person, when you said stand in the middle of the port I took it that you meant on dry land, not actually "in the middle of the port"!!

As I know the place, obviously Maureen's directions were crystal clear to me!

Anyway, after that I now need a drink - although won't be in C Bar though, as I'm dripping wet after having a swim in the port!  So I'll just have to get one from the fridge!!    Cheers! 

Like 0      
30 May 2009 7:42 PM by JC1 Star rating in Manchester and La Du.... 963 posts Send private message

JC1´s avatar

C Bar is new  and OK but in my opinion not the best , service is a bit slow at times and a better place to watch the sport is Caroline's as somebody as mentioned...but don't go in if you want to enjoy ' Barca stuffing united' as the owner is more red than me !!!  ( i suppose its the same as me liking anybody who beats Wales at anything and thats usually everybody) . I much prefer bar Duquesa or the new one opposite the Dolphin Bar ( the one owned by the ex boyfriend of the daughter of the owner of the Dolphin Bar)

Regards

John

Like 0      
02 Jan 2011 8:59 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
Went to C Bar tonight - first time in many months and first time since it has changed hands, as friend wanted to watch football match there - and we're not impressed with the food (although very nice sitting in the smoke free restaurant!). Have always been happy with the food previously but tonight was very disappointing. I ordered chicken Caesar salad and the chicken was dry and tough and was accompanied by unripe avocado (which i didn't actually expect as i hadn't fully read the menu!) and watery under seasoned lettuce. Very reminiscent of the tex Mex restaurant in the port. Our friend had lasagna like I've never seen lasagna served before - floating in a bowl of cream or what may have been an extremely watery béchamel sauce. It looked and tasted foul. The chips are no longer the great big chunky ones they used to serve, but the run of the mill 'fries' that you get in most places. It's a little sad as the food there was always very good but can honestly say won't be going back to eat any time soon - although till probably a good place to sit and have coffee outside in the sun!

Like 0      
02 Jan 2011 11:04 PM by leema Star rating in Washington Tyne & We.... 655 posts Send private message

We tried it when it first changed hands and found it awful and have never gone back, also they put their prices up.  Not a very friendly bunch either.

Maureen & Dennis

Coto Real

Like 0      
02 Jan 2011 11:04 PM by leema Star rating in Washington Tyne & We.... 655 posts Send private message

We tried it when it first changed hands and found it awful and have never gone back, also they put their prices up.  Not a very friendly bunch either.

Maureen & Dennis

Coto Real

Like 0      
05 Jan 2011 8:26 PM by carolinej Star rating. 420 posts Send private message

carolinej´s avatar
We were there with Jan and were very disappointed. My husband had the lasagne in a bowl of cream as described. Kids had very dry pizza - poor value at 7 or 8 euros as they no longer do kids portions. I had a chicken wrap which was practically empty with cardboard frozen chips and poor value at 8 euros. Won't be back which is a shame as food was excellent before.

Like 0      
05 Jan 2011 11:36 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

We haven't gone to 'C' Bar since it changed hands!

Must admit it does sound a dreadful place now for food!

It is such a shame that the place still uses the same name that Marie and Martin gave the bar, after all when they took the bar over it was the old 'On the Waterfront' bar and they spent a huge amount of money redecorating and refurbishing the place! Leather sofas. LCD TV''s, great ambient lighting, good quality patio furniture and even lashed out on Gas Patio Heaters for the winter!

Also, Marie and Martin spent so much time and effort ensuring that they had a good menu, with good prices and great staff.

However, in the end it was too much for them both as they did not want to move to Spain at that time and that is why they decided to sell up!

Such as shame as it was the best place in the port!

www.andalucianstyle.com

Like 0      
06 Jan 2011 12:15 AM by JC1 Star rating in Manchester and La Du.... 963 posts Send private message

JC1´s avatar

It is now owned by the same person who has the Mexican restaurant in the port.  Great for free wifi though

Regards

John

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Weather in June in Alicante - 6 posts
learning spanish - 3 posts
jive alive with jukebox - 0 posts
Check if your lawyer is registered - 7 posts
Car Hire - 4 posts
To warm your heart today ...................... - 4 posts
yellie38 - 3 posts
Vet near Madrid - 0 posts
Driving age in spain - 4 posts
Driving with pets - 1 posts
I do hope Mr O Leary of ryanair doesn't read this - 9 posts
good restaurants in Villamartin, Orihuella, San Miguel..? - 5 posts
Rudina web site - 3 posts
Jake Van Kralingen - 1 posts
Tony Gatehouse - 2 posts
our sky box - 8 posts
Accommodation and Conference Facilities - Costa Brava - 0 posts
Vulnerable Adults Charities - Are there any in Spain? - 2 posts
Looking to buy a scooter - 0 posts
Apartment long term rental advice please! - 2 posts
Where are my messeges going???? - 5 posts
Don Juan III - 9 posts
Barcelona Chelsea 28th April - 3 posts
Freesat if old Sky box is playing up? - 28 posts
Does anybody have the direct access number to telefonicas voicemail system? - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 29

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x