Expired ITV Help!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
10 Apr 2009 12:00 AM by EmandStu Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Hi Everyone,

I am currently in England and just realised (to my horror) that I think my ITV on the car has expired!! I wont be back in Spain until May so am powerless to get it done till then, will I get in trouble with an authorities? Or do I need to inform someone so my car doesnt get towed, taken or crushed or something?

Thanks in advance

Emma

P.s. I think the ITV has been expired for about 3 weeks now and by the time I get back it will be about 6 weeks gone, will that effect me getting the ITV re-done?

Like 0      
10 Apr 2009 6:11 PM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

Hi;

Dont know how the system works outside of Andalucia but here the ITV authorities send out a reminder before the ITV expires with instructions on what to do next. The letter will be sent to the vehicle owners registered address. There is a National phone number 902 575757 for making ITV Test appointments and I think they have English speaking people available.

It is highly unlikely that the authorities will do anything about an expired ITV unless you are caught driving it...but as in England you are allowed to drive it to an ITV station for a test or retest. If the vehicle fails it's ITV Test you have up to 15days to correct the failed items and then represent the vehicle at the same station for a re-test; a second appointment is not necessary but get there as early in the day as possible ie., 0830 when they open...

Insofar as the test itself is concerned;

I dont know if you have been through the process before but its a production line situation; If your Spanish isnt all that good they will guide you through it. Make sure that the car you present for the test is exactly as described in the Documentation for the vehicle...I had fitted blue/white headlight bulbs to my car and it failed on that; headlights must be exactly as per the original spec. Indicators...make sure they are still orange; the lacquer peels off the orange bulbs that are used in some cars to leave a normal white; this too is a fail. If you have a towbar fitted make sure it is mentioned in the documentation or that you have a certificate from an approved after-market supplier; again they will fail the car on this. Make sure the tyres are to the same spec as specified in the documentation, its another area where they can fail the car. Make sure all seat belts work correctly...

Just remember also that he Spanish ITV is tough but fair; the test centresdon't have an axe to grind unlike English garages where having an MOT garage is a license to print money...All the ITV people want to do is make sure that the vehicle is safe...

Hope some of this helps..

fb

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      
10 Apr 2009 6:43 PM by delza Star rating. 77 posts Send private message

Hi according to this: http://www.myspain.es/forum/motoring-spain/15282-paying-road-tax-spain-when-uk.htm

It seems you get a fine of 5% for late payment for every month you're late.

PS: sorry if it's wrong the post urls..  please remove if so.

Like 0      
10 Apr 2009 6:46 PM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

Delza Hi;

Sorry but...

The question wasnt about road tax!

Its about the ITV which is the Spanish equivalent to the Brit MOT...

fb

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      
10 Apr 2009 6:47 PM by delza Star rating. 77 posts Send private message

DOH!

And I can't find a way of deleting the post! whoooops!

Like 0      
10 Apr 2009 7:45 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Let's leave Delza's post on here!

(Glad you couldn't delete it!)

We are such a nice bunch normally, so let's be horrid!

( and it's usually me that get's shown up)

Nice to have someone else with a red face for a change!

Love it Delza, more of these please to liven up EOS!!!

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
11 Apr 2009 11:19 AM by EmandStu Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Hey Everyone!

Thanks for all the info! Fortunately I have a solicitor type person who pays all my taxes etc when I'm not around on time, so dont need to worry about that bit, but didnt leave them with a key for the car so they couldnt take it for the ITV. Soon as I get back to Spain I will take my little saxo straight to the ITV centre for a check over.

Thanks again!

Emma

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Directions to Torremolinas please - 5 posts
PROBLEMS WITH YAHOO. - 3 posts
Items for Sale - 0 posts
Happy Easter EOS - 5 posts
MAYMAR RESTAURANT, CATRAL - 2 posts
Modelo 212 - 11 posts
Driving Ban - 26 posts
Londoner - Barclays Spain - 9 posts
Mercury.es anyone have any good experiences etc? - 0 posts
price reduction confortlin eco flax bedding equestrian direct spain - 0 posts
Not exactly Flights to Spain... - 1 posts
Simulsat V Torresat - 7 posts
Medsea Estate Agents - 10 posts
Easyjet winter flights are out, check ........... - 2 posts
whos name to put the property in??? - 11 posts
English BMW 320dse - 0 posts
PARTY at Marbella Rugby Club - 13 posts
best place to shop - 11 posts
Wanted: Asesor fiscal. - 2 posts
Lost luggage with Monarch - 1 posts
Jardine de Palomares - 5 posts
Air con auto switch off - 28 posts
what can you do if your company defaults on redundancy payments - 7 posts
Long term rental Townhouse / Villa Mijas / Fuengirola region - 0 posts
furniture pack for sale - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x