Chinese

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
12 Apr 2009 12:00 AM by goldwing Star rating in Near Alicante. 61 posts Send private message

I am amazed how cheap the chinese restaurants are in guadamar (just south of santa pola - alicante).

you can get the full works with drinks etc for under €5, if you want duck maybe €8.

everyone tried in the town is just such good value.

Like 0      
12 Apr 2009 12:38 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi goldwing

Chinese restaurants everywhere generally are cheap. Guardamar has so many they are more competative than say in a smaller place with only 2 or 3.

We go to the Asiatico in Calle Giner de los Rios & the Nankin in  Calle Pablo Neruda, both in Guardamar.  Both excellent & as you say around the 5€ mark for 'the full works with drinks etc'.

We love the Asiatico (more MDD menus at around 5€ than the Nankin) & it now also has banana fritters with syrup in their MDD menus, very yummy. Each female gets a small gift, I've had fans, bracelets by the dozen, a calendar in January. You get a bottle of wine per couple or a half bottle for one or a small beer or water or a soft drink each. We are given liqueurs with the bill. The bottles are left on the table, you drink all you want. (I love the manzana .. apple .. sin alcohol as it's not syrupy like the alcoholic version). You get a card which they stamp each time you go & you get a free meal if your card is full. For what we choose we pay 10€ total for two. We have a 3 course meal for that with everything above.  The Nankin has outdoor space so does better trade.

Like 0      
12 Apr 2009 12:52 PM by goldwing Star rating in Near Alicante. 61 posts Send private message

Eaten in those 2.

Also the "nackered duck" and one opposite asciatico (hong kong).

The other great restaurant is the res. Juan on the main street. (or is it Jean)

€8.50 for all those courses & wine by the bucket and extra meals thrown in.

Your spoilt for good cheap food if you live there.

Like 0      
12 Apr 2009 1:07 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

I've posted about Jaen's in a separate thread devoted to it. 

Click  on link >>> Jaen's restaurant, Guardamar town centre, CB

This thread's about Chinese restaurants though not general restaurants so I wasn't going into all I've eaten at, unless a Chinese.

Each thread started is meant to be about one particular restaurant, not many. It just makes searching for info so much easier.

When I'm in Spain I tend to visit the Chinese restaurants very infrequently, I prefer local (Spanish) restaurants.

Like 0      
12 Apr 2009 1:28 PM by goldwing Star rating in Near Alicante. 61 posts Send private message

ok

My point was that I think you cant go wrong with the cost of the chinese in guadamar.

Other towns by comparison are quite a lot more.

But had not seen Jaen restaurant thread as until you just resurected it, it was hiding in the depths 2 years back.

Enjoy

Like 0      
14 Apr 2009 3:37 PM by dean&caroline Star rating. 15 posts Send private message

sounds delicious. thanx

Like 0      
15 Apr 2009 10:41 AM by ayrez Star rating in La Marina Oasis. 379 posts Send private message

Hi all

We usually go to the International opposite the park.Makes me feel hungry just thinking about it. We love Chinese food.

Jean

Like 0      
15 Apr 2009 4:28 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Jean

Oddly enough we once tried The International on a friend's recommendation & it was awful. We ate outside as it was summer which seemed lovely & we'd not been in Guardamar very long & hadn't tried others. Food was lukewarm & no one had the heated trays, the rice was stuck together. We were chatting over a year later to a couple in Torrevieja who said they travelled from the other side of Torrevieja in order to eat at the International as it was the best they'd been to.  So, we tried it again & it wasn't any better so we won't likely want to go again but it looks lovely with people sat outside in June & Sept when we are there.

Like 0      
16 Apr 2009 1:39 PM by mr.kevin Star rating in Costa Blanca. 189 posts Send private message

mr.kevin´s avatar

We, and a lot of our friends use the International on a regular basis, never had a bad meal there.

Tony and Suzie and all the staff are very friendly and give good service.

The menue of the day is available all day and is very good value.

I suppose you can get a bad meal even in the best restaurants and it does put you off for a while.

We do avoid eating outside at the International, even in the summer, we find the service is better inside and you avoid people smoking while you eat.

Like 0      
16 Apr 2009 1:50 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Maybe we ought to try a 3rd time then, mr. kevin.

What do they say ? 3rd time lucky.

Like 0      
16 Apr 2009 2:31 PM by mr.kevin Star rating in Costa Blanca. 189 posts Send private message

mr.kevin´s avatar

We will be there tomorrow about 13 of us, so if you are over and you have a bad meal, you can come and moan at me, you can't be fairer than that, More.

Kev.

Like 0      
16 Apr 2009 2:45 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Kev, enjoy your meal with your party. 13 wow !  Lots of 

These days we're over in Spain for a month or more at a time so, if we have a bad meal anywhere, it's not as important as it was when we only went to Spain (before retirement) for 7-10 days at a time. Then the meal was what we looked forward to so much as we only had little time there. If it wasn't enjoyable it was a massive disappointment. Certainly the value at Chinese's is superb.

I can see you all now  We eat with chopsticks & are quite proficient too. Do you ?

Like 0      
16 Apr 2009 2:57 PM by mr.kevin Star rating in Costa Blanca. 189 posts Send private message

mr.kevin´s avatar

Have you tried the Happy Garden on the Lemon Grove road at Lo Pepin just outside Quesada. It is another chinese but they mostly cook Thai style, all the menue is good but their menue is very good and authentic.

Bye

Kev.

Like 0      
16 Apr 2009 3:00 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

We haven't personally, Kev, because our friends went within last few months & didn't rate it too much. Shame as we're within spitting distance. (Well, not quite, we do need to drive).

Like 0      
16 Apr 2009 9:08 PM by claire T Star rating in Torremendo, Orihuela. 689 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter

Hi all - the best Chinese I have ever had was at the Asia Chic on the Cabo Roig strip in Orihuela Costa.  The food, service and decor are all great and they have a cheap menu until about 8pm (I think) which is amazing value.  Again, they often leave the bottle on the table and you get free liqueurs with your bill.

I've taken quite a few people there over the past few years and eveyone has been wildly enthousiastic about it.

Now that I think about it, it's been a month or so since I went, must go again soon .....

Like 0      
23 Jun 2009 9:52 PM by peteranne Star rating in York & Los Montesino.... 111 posts Send private message

peteranne´s avatar

Re : Restaurant Asiatico, Guardamar

We can endorse the previous posts for this Chinese.
We went on a lunchtime and was quiet only 2 other tables in use.
Prawn crackers and sangria to start with, a choice of 4 starters.
We have never seem so much choice for the main courses on a menu del dia must have been 25 to 30 to choose from, good choice of deserts too, I had the banana fritter, and was lovely. A drink included in the price and shnaps to finish with all for less than 11 euros for the 2 of us, and to top it off we were given a bottle of wine to take away. The food was perfect and plentiful, easily the best we have had in Spain, We will be going again when we are there in October.

Peter & Anne   -   www.los-montesinos-spain.co.uk

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Size of Pump - 2 posts
Chanel+, do not adjust your set - 3 posts
Telmicro fights back ! - 0 posts
electricity question. - 6 posts
Buyers on Ochando Be Aware - 0 posts
Ryanair ... - 42 posts
Alicante - 0 posts
Monarch increase hold baggage price! - 17 posts
pool safety - 3 posts
Can I withhold some of my community fees? - 1 posts
PLEASE HELP RE CANNOT ACCESS E-MAILS FROM YAHOO - 10 posts
Advice required re non completion of amenities. Can we withdraw from contract due to this? - 18 posts
Bankruptcy check estate agent /developer - 1 posts
Interested in exchanging? We are searching for a property on the Costa del Sol - 0 posts
Interested in exchanging? We are searching for a property on the Costa del Sol - 0 posts
Certificate of habitation - 8 posts
I need a 3 bed and 2 bed Estepona to Manilva - 3 posts
Expired ITV Help! - 6 posts
Directions to Torremolinas please - 5 posts
PROBLEMS WITH YAHOO. - 3 posts
Items for Sale - 0 posts
Happy Easter EOS - 5 posts
MAYMAR RESTAURANT, CATRAL - 2 posts
Modelo 212 - 11 posts
Driving Ban - 26 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 16

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x