Medsea Estate Agents

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
08 Apr 2009 12:00 AM by Stephen2006 Star rating in Glasgow/ Torre Guil . 78 posts Send private message

Stephen2006´s avatar

There are vaious bits and pieces circulating around this Forum re their situation.  Can anyone confirm or deny if there is any truth to these?

Regards

Stephen

Like 0      
08 Apr 2009 7:11 PM by firsteuro Star rating in Hondon de las Nieves. 58 posts Send private message

firsteuro´s avatar

For legal reasons you have to be careful what you say, however like the rest of the "inspections industry" I do not think that the signs are good.

I am sure that Medsea are a PLC, so I presume that they would have to make an announcement if they were in trouble.

This message was last edited by firsteuro on 4/8/2009.

Like 0      
08 Apr 2009 7:18 PM by friendly Star rating in North Lanarkshire. 125 posts Send private message

I tried again to find a UK phone number for Medsea as I previously said that they are a registered UK Company.  I could not find one but I managed to find a free phone number on their website.  I called this number and guess what !  The operator said that the number is no longer available.

No one seems to be able to contact them

Like 0      
08 Apr 2009 7:31 PM by firsteuro Star rating in Hondon de las Nieves. 58 posts Send private message

firsteuro´s avatar

Tel: (from the UK): 0800 077 8481

Tel: (from the ROI): (+34) 96 532 32 38

Head Office
Medsea Estates
Av de la Purisima 18
03182 Torrevieja
Alicante
Spain

COMPANIES HOUSE INFO: The aconts are up to date, with the next accounts due in June.

Name & Registered Office:
MEDSEA ESTATES GROUP PLC
85 ELSENHAM STREET
LONDON
SW18 5NX
Company No. 05123368

Date of Incorporation: 10/05/2004

Country of Origin: United Kingdom
Company Type: Public Limited Company
Nature of Business (SIC(03)):
7031 - Real estate agencies
Accounting Reference Date: 31/12
Last Accounts Made Up To: 31/12/2007  (GROUP)
Next Accounts Due: 31/07/2009
Last Return Made Up To: 10/05/2008
Next Return Due: 07/06/2009
Last Members List: 10/05/2008
Last Bulk Shareholders List: 10/05/2008
Previous Names:
Date of change Previous Name
13/07/2004 MEDSEA GROUP PLC

Like 0      
08 Apr 2009 8:08 PM by friendly Star rating in North Lanarkshire. 125 posts Send private message

That is the number that I called from the UK.  It is invalid.  Thanks fo the rest of the info.

Like 0      
08 Apr 2009 9:22 PM by inspectahomespain Star rating in Orihuela Costa, Spai.... 2417 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

Ok let´s give the actual information on Medsea

They are actually an AIM listed company listed on the London Stock Exchange and they were a penny share

On Monday their shares were suspended on the London Market and their brokers resigned and they are subject to a trading statement

RNS Number : 1979Q Medsea Estates Group PLC 06 April 2009 MEDSEA ESTATES GROUP PLC ("Medsea" or "the Company") Resignation of Nominated Adviser and Broker Medsea today announces that its Nominated Adviser and Broker, HB Corporate, a trading division of Hoodless Brennan PLC, has resigned with immediate effect. Pursuant to Rule 1 of the Aim Rules for Companies the shares of Medsea will be suspended from trading on AIM with immediate effect. If Medsea fails to appoint a new Nominated Adviser within one month, the admission of the Company's shares to trading on AIM will be cancelled by the London Stock Exchange at 7am on 7 May 2009. The Company will further update the market as to its current position as soon as possible. Medsea Estates Group plc Tony Gatehouse, Chairman Tel: +34 96 570 40 02 Juan Carlos Rodriguez Martinez, Chief Executive This information is provided by RNS The company news service from the London Stock Exchange END APPUNRARKVRSRAR

If you call the Spanish number you get an answering machine message telling you that their offices are closed till 21st April and an e-mail address, which there is no answer

If you call the london number on the website you get the same message

Today I visited their office in Torrevieja which were locked up and looking pretty empty and there was a notice on the door saying that the company was in administration and with an e-mail address

On another forum some people have claimed that have had an e-mail confirming this and the next action should be the appointment of an offical administrator

Medsea mainly acted as a promoter and I believe that contracts are directy with the builder so the main thing at risk are any items for which you have contracted directly with the builder for, furniture AC, white goods etc and of course the ongoing isues with communications

If you are waiting for NIE´s again the lawyer can do this or you can get these in the UK and it is not a complex process, same for bank accounts

You will have lawyers working for you and this should be your first point of contact but remember it is a bank holiday in Spain till Tuesday

If anybody needs a guide which explains te legal proces, the NIE process and your rights please mail me at guidesm@inspectahomespain.com

I wouldn´t panic at the moment

Like 0      
09 Apr 2009 10:31 AM by delza Star rating. 77 posts Send private message

COMPANIES HOUSE INFO: The aconts are up to date, with the next accounts due in June.

Name & Registered Office:
MEDSEA ESTATES GROUP PLC
85 ELSENHAM STREET
LONDON
SW18 5NX
Company No. 05123368

I used to live litterly 10seconds from that street and I can confirm that those houses are residental and definately not offices or anything like that.

Like 0      
17 Apr 2009 1:32 PM by LocationsinSpain Star rating in San Juan de los Terr.... 16 posts Send private message

LocationsinSpain´s avatar

We are part of a large Group looking to start a legal action against Tony Gatehouse of Medsea Estates.

Does anyone know of his personal residential address in Spain, or have details of any other addresses belonging to him in any part of the world.

Like 0      
07 Jul 2009 9:53 PM by GemmaP Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

In desperation for some contact details for someone at Italian Connections Properties we have stumbled across this forum and was hoping someone may be able to help us!
Following extensive research we decided to join with Medsea to buy our dream property in Bianco (Bella Vista II), in 2006. Well, we couldn't have chosen a worse company and have been experiencing problems ever since. In 2008, property development still pending, we received a letter outlining changes that had been made to the building plans of the appartment we had reserved. These extensive changes meant the apartment was no longer recognisable as the property we had paid a 50K Euro deposit on. So, unhappy with the current property on offer, Medsea - now operating under the name Italian Connections, offered us an different apartment on the Emerald Complex in Mandatoricco. We fell in love with this apartment and made the arrangements with Italian Connection to have the 50K Euro deposit transferred to the Emerald apartment. However, it has recently come to light that the builder is claiming he has not received the money and is no longer reserving the apartment for us. We are currently being represented by solicitors recommended by Medsea, with whom we are extremely disappointed regarding the service provided, and we are now trying to establish whom has our monies so we can get a full refund.
Anybody with any helpful suggestions will be gratefully received!

Like 0      
07 Jul 2009 10:52 PM by inspectahomespain Star rating in Orihuela Costa, Spai.... 2417 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

Information in the public domain are that Medsea Estates are in administration

Like 0      
08 Jul 2009 1:45 PM by LocationsinSpain Star rating in San Juan de los Terr.... 16 posts Send private message

LocationsinSpain´s avatar

This message was last edited by LocationsinSpain on 09/11/2009.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Easyjet winter flights are out, check ........... - 2 posts
whos name to put the property in??? - 11 posts
English BMW 320dse - 0 posts
PARTY at Marbella Rugby Club - 13 posts
best place to shop - 11 posts
Wanted: Asesor fiscal. - 2 posts
Lost luggage with Monarch - 1 posts
Jardine de Palomares - 5 posts
Air con auto switch off - 28 posts
what can you do if your company defaults on redundancy payments - 7 posts
Long term rental Townhouse / Villa Mijas / Fuengirola region - 0 posts
furniture pack for sale - 0 posts
Costa De La Luz - 3 posts
need to buy some things - 3 posts
Ley de Costas - 2 posts
House rules - 11 posts
please click for cancer help - 0 posts
Tenant in need of advice - owner selling - 4 posts
Garden swing, sun loungers - 0 posts
Helping out - 0 posts
Shopping opening times over the Easter Holidays - 9 posts
I need to rent out our 3 bed apartment in Almoradi - 4 posts
paul mc pake - 4 posts
Swimming pool installers - 2 posts
Problem with a thread, EOS. - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 11

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x