Ryanair to now charge for on-line check in

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
11 Mar 2009 12:00 AM by Poppyseed Star rating. 897 posts Send private message

11 Mar 2009 2:32 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Covered on the Ryanair website also, begins 1st May 2009.

Mark

Like 0      
11 Mar 2009 3:27 PM by alamred Star rating. 242 posts Send private message

as stated many a time mark - stop using the irish gangster, and he will have to stop adding on fees

Like 0      
11 Mar 2009 3:45 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

But i'm not complaining . As i've said before, you get what you pay for with Ryanair and when the prices can be £100's cheaper (even with the charges), it is a no brainer not to use them.

Mark

Like 0      
11 Mar 2009 5:24 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

Splutter, gasp, outrage......................So he's managed to find another way to screw you out of your money.

Sorry, but I have a choice and Ryanair is now off my list.  I find them more expensive than the other carriers, anyway.  By the time you've added the credit or debit card charges, the "taxes" (which are higher than any of the other airlines), the handling charges and now this I'm afraid they are definitely out of it.  That's 5 quid each for each journey so that's an extra £40 on top of the already high charges.  Example, flight end of April for a week, including charges but not this iniquitious booking in fee, is £184,63 for two people.  Add on this extra 40 quid and you're looking at 224.63.  Flight times are garbage, would mean being at Alicante by half past 4 in the morning coming back.  Total on Easyjet (who I don't like) is £135.76 for two and flight times are also garbage.  Cost on BMIBaby in total £93.26 for two, they allocate you seats and the flight timings are not at stupid o'clock. 

So, if you have a choice, ignor Ryanair.  They really are taking you for a ride.

(none of the above includes taking hold luggage which would add on as much as the flight costs)

Like 0      
11 Mar 2009 8:49 PM by alancambs Star rating in Las Kalendas Fortuna. 134 posts Send private message

alancambs´s avatar

We booked with Ryanair last week, Stansted to Alicante 18th April for one week and paid a total of  £66.60 including priority boarding.  Cant complain at that.

Alan & Bev

Like 0      
11 Mar 2009 9:32 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

Considering taxes and fees from Stansted are always 56.54 for a couple, that's pretty good going especially as priority boarding is 7.60 for two.  Must have been his penny flights both ways and no taxes from Alicante so you were rather lucky to get that AND no luggage or credit/debit card fees.  The extra £20 for booking on line from May 1st will push that up which is really what the complaint is about.

I have had flights with BMI, Easyjet and Ryanair for less than 50 quid for 2 BUT only at slack times. 

Not saying Ryanair is not a good thing, just that the owner appears to be trying to claw his money back AND if I have a choice, I will not travel Ryanair.   I refuse to get an Electron just to avoid his extortionate debit cards fees which he pays about 30p to process but charges us 19 quid for. To use my ink, my paper and my internet charges and then pay him for the privelege is a step too far, I'm afraid.  I have a choice, I will use other carriers. 

Like 0      
12 Mar 2009 7:33 AM by Jet48 Star rating in Estepona / Great Yar.... 106 posts Send private message

Jet48´s avatar

When will airlines be forced to stop these stupid add ons. The ticket prices they advertise should be the full cost of transporting an individual and one piece of luggage from point A to B. Under the current system the prices advertised by many airlines are pure and simply misleading and does not represent the true cost of your journey.

On top of this at Norwich airport you may have bought your ticket and checked in but then you get hit by another charge made by the airport, £5 airport development tax which has to be paid before your allowed to depart, and there was me thinking that airport taxes were already part of the ticket, how long before other airports cotton on to this.

What if for example railways adopted the same tactics as these airlines and airports with regard to charging for a journey. Methinks there would be a public outcry, so why is no action taken against the air travel industry.

As for me I do the maths working out the costs of journey comparing four different airports, four different airlines, the suitability of flight times to three different destination airports available to use for the Costa Del Sol. This is all getting like hard work you near need to create  an excell spread sheet to compare them. Sometimes the likes of Ryan Air do win and we use them on the basis of cost and convenience. But oh life would be so much easier if the price advertised was the actual cost of the journey.

Bob

This message was last edited by Jet48 on 3/12/2009.

Like 0      
12 Mar 2009 8:53 AM by flog-it Star rating in Campo de Ricote, Mur.... 125 posts Send private message

flog-it´s avatar

And don't forget the £1 to go to the toilet that is now being considered.

Like 0      
12 Mar 2009 9:05 AM by Jet48 Star rating in Estepona / Great Yar.... 106 posts Send private message

Jet48´s avatar

The £1 for tthe toilet that reminds me, when we were discussing this. My son piped in 'well if I have to pay a pound to go I will stay in there, if they say anthything I'll refuse to come out on the basis I've paid for it.'

Not my idea on how to spend ones time on a flight though.

Bob

Like 0      
12 Mar 2009 9:14 AM by flog-it Star rating in Campo de Ricote, Mur.... 125 posts Send private message

flog-it´s avatar

Take the FREE inflight magazine with you to pass the time.

Like 0      
12 Mar 2009 4:58 PM by conrad Star rating in Milton Keynes and Dr.... 298 posts Send private message

conrad´s avatar

I went with ryanair on the 28th of feb and returned on the 2nd march and it cost me £7.50 return including all taxes and i paid with my electron card

Like 0      
12 Mar 2009 5:11 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

I could really do with finding some of those fares . Cheapest i've had from them was £120 return for two from EMA to Murcia, but that was Feb '08. They don't do cheap from Leeds  (plus it means going to Alicante)

Mark

Like 0      
12 Mar 2009 6:30 PM by LAM1963 Star rating in Lincolnshire, Fortun.... 152 posts Send private message

LAM1963´s avatar

Try www.skycanner.net just booked from EMA to Alicante

Like 0      
12 Mar 2009 6:54 PM by hillwood Star rating in Greasby, Wirral & Si.... 214 posts Send private message

hillwood´s avatar

Hell!!!!!

We were robbed in January - we flew out on the 26th, returned on the 8th of february, and had to pay £18  - EACH!!!!

John B.

Like 0      
12 Mar 2009 7:10 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

Hmm, so, Conrad, that nice man from Ryanair actually paid the government for you to fly with him?  The Air Passenger Tax is £10 from UK so if you only paid £7.50 return, that nice man gave the Treasury £2.50 plus, of course, he convinced the airports at both ends not to charge any fees whatsoever.  No wonder they have to find other things to add on because, going by that example, he'll be broke by the end of the month.

When I was a lad we live in ole in t'road, try telling kids that nowadays and do you think they'll believe you?

Like 0      
12 Mar 2009 7:14 PM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

Just had an idea...

£1 to use the loo...no time limit implied so you could lock yourself in there for the duration of the flight, except take off and landing of course, and use this as  Extra Legroom Seating...Your own private suite...away from the noise of people bitching about having to pay for everything...away from the hard sell of the cabin crew...Take a book in with you or your  G/F or B/F and have yourself a good time...

Just a thought...

Never used Ryanair; never will; if he flies where I want to go to, he doesn't fly from where I want to fly from...Mind you not many  airlines do! 

Monarch used to, but decided that Granada-Gatwick wasn't profitable despite near continuous 90% load factors so they did what Ryan does regularly; blackmail the local authorities under threat of removal of services...So Blackpool and Fuerteventura lost their Ryan flights when the local authorities called his bluff and Granada lost its Gatwick service.

fb

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      
12 Mar 2009 8:47 PM by flog-it Star rating in Campo de Ricote, Mur.... 125 posts Send private message

flog-it´s avatar

Well I have to admit that I am willing to pay £1 for the loo when I am flying to Manchester tomorrow for 1 Euro taxes included.  My wife lives on the Ryanair website and if it costs more than £1 each way all in we don't go.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

HELP! BUYING....NEED ADVICE. - 1 posts
In the Dark - 6 posts
Prediction of eurbor rate for Mortgage starting 1st April? - 4 posts
van and driver needed - 3 posts
Well, yes, we have a happy story! - 11 posts
working part-time self employed - 4 posts
Free Bank Transfers ? - 1 posts
Insurance - 3 posts
advice please - 0 posts
mortgage broker - 2 posts
M & S now deliver to Spain - 9 posts
Spanish social security - 2 posts
New Pictures - 10 posts
Nissan Primera Estate T - SPEC Model For Sale or Swap - 0 posts
Paying Taxes - 2 posts
Help with everything please !!!! - 0 posts
Car hire Scam resolved - 1 posts
The good thing about the crisis.... - 17 posts
wanted 3 bed apt Calahonda to El Rosario - 0 posts
Wanted - cheap TV - 1 posts
TAX rebate after selling between 2004 - 2008 - 4 posts
Anyone else have poblems today? - 16 posts
More UK Controls in the pipeline... - 3 posts
Bet You Thought.... - 0 posts
Pregnancy Care and Delivery - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 18

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x