In the Dark

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
11 Mar 2009 12:00 AM by Suzie Star rating in England. 121 posts Send private message

Our Petition bears 700 signatures as of this morning, and will be handed in to Downing Street tomorrow. The full wording of the petition letter can be read here:
http://www.spanishpropertyscandalpetition.co.uk/7.html

I've tried to cover our problems as succinctly as possible, and only ask action from the Prime Minister that is clearly within his powers. When the petition goes to the EU in Brussels at the end of the month, it will of course be worded differently.

Many thanks to all who have submitted their experiences & signatures so far. For anyone who still hasn't signed but keeps thinking about it - sign today & make sure that the British government hears your voice. Our Petition will remain open, as it goes through the EU processes. 

Like 0      
11 Mar 2009 1:55 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Good luck with the presentation. Lets hope someone finally takes notice .

Mark

Like 0      
11 Mar 2009 2:21 PM by Distintive Star rating. 17 posts Send private message

I hope the case is heard.

I would take the last question off the list, it is not objective and the answer will not be objective.

Good luck!

Like 0      
11 Mar 2009 9:48 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

So glad you've kept this going and it's finally getting to Mr Brown.

Let's hope he reads it and takes some action.

Please keep us updated.

Well done with all your effort and hard work in this matter.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
14 Mar 2009 11:32 AM by Suzie Star rating in England. 121 posts Send private message

Many thanks for the great support.  All went well on Thursday, and will be taking the petition to the EU in Brussels at the end of this month.  It's also good to see the supportive signatures & comments from some MEPs:

http://www.spanishpropertyscandalpetition.co.uk/7.html

The Petition remains open for signatures/comments.  Many thanks again.

Like 0      
14 Mar 2009 11:38 AM by Suzie Star rating in England. 121 posts Send private message

Forgot to say an extra big "thank-you" to Justin for letting me bash away at this on his Website.  And I hear we made the front page of the Costa Blanca News yesterday.  Just got to get the British press off their perches now!

Like 0      
24 Mar 2009 9:41 AM by ruth Star rating in on a hill in rural L.... 117 posts Send private message

For those of you who missed Denise Holt, our ambassador to Spain, being interviewed on BBC 1's Breakfast programme yesterday morning you can find a transcript of the whole thing at:

http://ukinspain.fco.gov.uk/en/newsroom/?view=Speech&id=15293710

I suspect she may have been wheeled out in response to Suzanne's petition.  I hope you will all put pens to paper (or fingers to keypads) and let her know what the real situation is!!  Go for it.

ruth

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Prediction of eurbor rate for Mortgage starting 1st April? - 4 posts
van and driver needed - 3 posts
Well, yes, we have a happy story! - 11 posts
working part-time self employed - 4 posts
Free Bank Transfers ? - 1 posts
Insurance - 3 posts
advice please - 0 posts
mortgage broker - 2 posts
M & S now deliver to Spain - 9 posts
Spanish social security - 2 posts
New Pictures - 10 posts
Nissan Primera Estate T - SPEC Model For Sale or Swap - 0 posts
Paying Taxes - 2 posts
Help with everything please !!!! - 0 posts
Car hire Scam resolved - 1 posts
The good thing about the crisis.... - 17 posts
wanted 3 bed apt Calahonda to El Rosario - 0 posts
Wanted - cheap TV - 1 posts
TAX rebate after selling between 2004 - 2008 - 4 posts
Anyone else have poblems today? - 16 posts
More UK Controls in the pipeline... - 3 posts
Bet You Thought.... - 0 posts
Pregnancy Care and Delivery - 5 posts
Are you moving back to UK? - 0 posts
BLANK CD'S AND DVD'S FROM RK MEDIA - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x