Insurance

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
10 Mar 2009 12:00 AM by Sonatigh Star rating in Condado de Alhama Re.... 621 posts Send private message

Help, I have been in Spain for 6 months and have covered my property and car with Spanish Insurance. I still have a UK postal Address (My Daughters)but i have never lived there. To get insurance from a UK company you have to be resident in UK. In UK i have a Motorhome which i need to insure for running round UK and Europe but cant insure it in Spain as it has english plates, I have to tax it in UK as it has english plates so how do i insure it? Seems a bit of a catch 22 Also how do Spanish residents obtain travel insurance when they fly to the UK ? Any advice ?

Mick

I got too old soon, and too late smart ! 

Like 0      
11 Mar 2009 10:00 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Hi Mick

I'm not really understanding your post.

You have a UK address, a motorhome in the UK and you need to tax it and insure it in the UK?

Am I missing something, I can't see what the problem is?  

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
12 Mar 2009 10:56 AM by Sonatigh Star rating in Condado de Alhama Re.... 621 posts Send private message

Justin

Perhaps i have worded it wrong

I now live in Spain, I need to Mot and Tax my UK Reg Motorhome so i can use it, in Spain and Europe etc MOT and Tax is not a problem but need insurance to obtain tax.

I only have a postal address in the UK and i am led to believe that you can only have UK Insurance if your permanant residence is in the UK

I could just re-insure and say nothing? but if any thing should happen this may be null and void?

Mick

Mick

I got too old soon, and too late smart ! 

Like 0      
12 Mar 2009 3:00 PM by buzylizzie Star rating in Gibraltar, Manilva a.... 192 posts Send private message

buzylizzie´s avatar

Hi Mick

I have a UK registered car which I have to tax and MOT in UK.

However, I insure the vehicle in Gibraltar (UK) and I have a 12 month green card. They know my car is on UK plates but I can use my Spanish address for the policy. It was actually cheaper than insuring it back in UK too!

PM me if you want more details

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

advice please - 0 posts
mortgage broker - 2 posts
M & S now deliver to Spain - 9 posts
Spanish social security - 2 posts
New Pictures - 10 posts
Nissan Primera Estate T - SPEC Model For Sale or Swap - 0 posts
Paying Taxes - 2 posts
Help with everything please !!!! - 0 posts
Car hire Scam resolved - 1 posts
The good thing about the crisis.... - 17 posts
wanted 3 bed apt Calahonda to El Rosario - 0 posts
Wanted - cheap TV - 1 posts
TAX rebate after selling between 2004 - 2008 - 4 posts
Anyone else have poblems today? - 16 posts
More UK Controls in the pipeline... - 3 posts
Bet You Thought.... - 0 posts
Pregnancy Care and Delivery - 5 posts
Are you moving back to UK? - 0 posts
BLANK CD'S AND DVD'S FROM RK MEDIA - 0 posts
Banks who made the mess... need to restore now - 8 posts
Artificual Stone Furniture - 0 posts
Rover 416 for sale. Taxed and perfect if you are going home to UK - 1 posts
Hunting for a 2-3 Bedroom Apt in Calahonda - Seeking Advice - 4 posts
mortgage underwriting - 1 posts
Long Term Car Hire - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x