Making a Will

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
02 Mar 2009 12:00 AM by mojito Star rating in Cupar Fife / San Jua.... 268 posts Send private message

We have just purchased our house in Spain which will be our retirement home in years to come but right now it will be used for holidays only.  Our Spanish lawyer has recommended that my husband and I should have wills made.  He has quoted a price of 900 euros each.  This seems excessive since our UK will cost us only 70GBP.  Is there a cheaper way of doing it? 

Jo and Jim

Like 0      
02 Mar 2009 2:04 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Your solicitor sounds a wee tad expensive. We had two wills (joint) made upand they cost us a total of €300 and I thought that was expensive!! I'm sure someone local to you will be able to point you in the right direction for someone cheaper!!

Mark

Like 0      
02 Mar 2009 2:06 PM by patpur Star rating in Castle Bromwich Bir.... 389 posts Send private message

Mojito l think your spanish lawyer is having a laugh,you can have your wills done a lot cheaper than that.Pat.

Like 0      
02 Mar 2009 2:09 PM by mojito Star rating in Cupar Fife / San Jua.... 268 posts Send private message

Tell me about it, I couldn't believe how much the legal fees etc amounted to on the purchase of our wee house in Almeria.  Everybody and his dog seemd to get a share!

Jo and Jim

Like 0      
02 Mar 2009 2:35 PM by NeilinElche Star rating in Elche. 40 posts Send private message

€100 to €150 is definitely the going rate.

Like 0      
02 Mar 2009 2:47 PM by mojito Star rating in Cupar Fife / San Jua.... 268 posts Send private message

Definitely worth shopping around!  Thank you

Jo and Jim

Like 0      
09 Apr 2009 5:49 PM by JohnKath Star rating. 157 posts Send private message

All Spanish Wills are made by the notary and lodged at the central repositary in Madrid. We went directly to an English speaking Notario and explained our wishes and he drew up the wills explained what the Spanish version said and the cost was €75 for both.

If you go to an Abogado first he will draw up the will according to your instructions usually in double column English/Spanish but he still has to take you to the Notario to submit the will unles you have given him a POA.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

ibedrola - 3 posts
Spanish Courts - 0 posts
electricity supply - 7 posts
St David's Day - 5 posts
Mexican package and white goods for sale - 8 posts
What sort of webcam? - 7 posts
pre employment medical examination- recommendations please? - 1 posts
google - 10 posts
Spanish Weather - 5 posts
SAT TV - 8 posts
Spam in Private Messages - 22 posts
Hurrah! Pepi´s Refuge has homed 5 dogs this week !! - 3 posts
WATCHING JUSTINS SIESTA SHOWS - 6 posts
Uk Shopping in Spain ..... - 8 posts
Car repossesion in spain. legalities ? - 7 posts
Developer Changes to our Apartment - 6 posts
Horse riding - 2 posts
telitec internet - 0 posts
Something to keep in mind.... - 3 posts
Finally sorted!! 7500kg truck leaving UK March 15th. - 0 posts
Ryanair set to charge £1 to use the toilet! - 39 posts
Auriga Crown at Murcia airport - 8 posts
Please speak English!! - 19 posts
A totally free and unique property website - 0 posts
RECIEVING LOTS OF EXTRA SKY CHANNELS - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x