Solmar Car Hire Charges

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
21 Apr 2009 12:02 AM by kev2006n Star rating in Sussex and Playa Fla.... 344 posts Send private message

Hi Marksfish, I'll be collecting my car at around 8.30pm on Thursday if the Easyjet flight from Gatwick gets in on time.

Les D I think you are wrong about your caqlculations on fuel. When I used Goldcar in March I had a Berlingo which had 50 Euros of fuel, was charged 75 Euros. I couldn't use all the fuel in 10 days and returned the car with in excess of half a tank. So they made 25 Euros upfront and in excess of 25 Euros at the end. To my way of thinking 50 Euros is too much cost to avoid refueling the car. By the way have you ever checked the capacity of the car you've hired with what you are being charged. I would also be surprised if you were brave enough to return the car just running on fumes. I suspect your estimate of 10 to 20 Euros is on the low side! 

Like 0      
21 Apr 2009 7:31 AM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Hi Marksfish, I'll be collecting my car at around 8.30pm on Thursday if the Easyjet flight from Gatwick gets in on time.

That's about the same time as us, but we will be arriving on Friday. Oh well, mayb next time!

Mark

Like 0      
21 Apr 2009 12:18 PM by LesD Star rating. 9 posts Send private message

Les D I think you are wrong about your caqlculations on fuel. When I used Goldcar in March I had a Berlingo which had 50 Euros of fuel, was charged 75 Euros. I couldn't use all the fuel in 10 days and returned the car with in excess of half a tank. So they made 25 Euros upfront and in excess of 25 Euros at the end. To my way of thinking 50 Euros is too much cost to avoid refueling the car. By the way have you ever checked the capacity of the car you've hired with what you are being charged.  I suspect your estimate of 10 to 20 Euros is on the low side! 

I think you need to read my posting again!

I would also be surprised if you were brave enough to return the car just running on fumes.

If the yellow light isn't on when the car goes back, I've failed!

This message was last edited by LesD on 4/21/2009.

Like 0      
21 Apr 2009 12:38 PM by kev2006n Star rating in Sussex and Playa Fla.... 344 posts Send private message

LesD, I have read it again. The point, I was charged over 25 Euros extra for a tank at the start of my holiday. In addition I do not want to spend my holiday driving up and down just to use the fuel but hey .... if that is your thing then enjoy... lol!

Like 0      
21 Apr 2009 7:09 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Just in from hirecarsinspain

'We have finalised an agreement with Malagacar to work with them at Malaga Aiport and this means you can pick the car up half full and return the car half full therefore saving money on fuel.'

Like 0      
21 Apr 2009 7:54 PM by sandiemac Star rating in Ireland/El Barranco .... 22 posts Send private message

Just got off the Doyouspain website and it states the only cars that you have to pay the excess insurance

300.00 are

Automatic cars...Opel corsa, citreon c5

Cabriolets Renault Megane

Vans ,MPV  MercedesVaneo,Renault Space Ford Transit

Dont know if this is true but it is in black and white on the website.

Did any of you that got charged the excess hire any of these cars ???

Like 0      
21 Apr 2009 8:06 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

I think that may be the general insurance excess for accidents. The excess being levied by Auriga Crown is for damage to wheels and tyres if you don't take out their additional insurance.

Mark

Like 0      
21 Apr 2009 10:43 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Mark's correct see DOYOUSPAIN'S CONDITIONS

Insurance
Fully Comprehensive Insurance without excess including unlimited civil liability, damage or accident to third parties (CDW), theft of the vehicle (TP), bail bond where applicable and personal accident insurance for the occupants of the rented vehicle. Please note that the only car models which are subject to an “excess" value are: Automatic Cars
Opel Corsa, Citroen C5, etc.
Excess : EUR 300,00
Cabriolets
Renault Megane
Excess : EUR 300,00
Vans & MPV
Mercedes Vaneo, Renault Space Ford Transit
Excess : EUR 300,00 – 600,00

When booking a car from the ones above you will be asked to leave a credit card deposit to cover the insurance excess. Please note that the amount will be refunded at the end of the rental as long as you return the car in the same condition. In the unfortunate event of an accident the maximum amount you will be charged is the value of the deposit you made.

Please note that where we use Atesa or Europcar Rent a Car as supplier (e.g. Madrid, Bilbao), and also in Barcelona and Ibiza the vehicles have an insurance excess of 300-690 EUR depending on the car model chosen. All this information is provided when the booking Voucher is sent.

Scroll down to what is not included after reading about excess on general insurance on some cars

Flat tyres
All our vehicles are delivered in perfect condition. Hirers are held responsible for any tyre damage caused during the rental. Normally tyre damage is caused because the car has been taken off-road. Our cars cannot be used off-road. Although a very rare ocurrance, we'd like you to be aware that damage to the undercarriage of the car hire vehicle is your responsibility, frequently caused by negligent driving or off-road use. Please note also that damage to the clutch caused by negligence is not covered by the insurance.
Windscreen damage
The hirer is also held responsible for vehicle glass broken during rental period.

Like 0      
22 Apr 2009 12:33 AM by irenemontague Star rating in liverpool/carvajal . 794 posts Send private message

Hi i hired a car from doyouspain for 15 days from 31March i was charged 108euros +35euros for petrol and i payed for the extra cover for tyres and windscreen cover 36 euros.I did leave the car with a quarter of a tank of petrol but i think there hire car fee was a good price as i only payed for a 2 door Cleo and was given a 4 door car so i can not complain bye Irene

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

good place to eat in guadamar - 3 posts
Spanish Love Poetry for Valentines Day - 2 posts
Another newbie needing help with completion - 2 posts
6 Nations 2009 - 48 posts
Ariving on flight blah blah - 7 posts
Bank of Spain petition - latest - 3 posts
New Criminal Activity - can anyone substantiate - 7 posts
New to Eye on spain - 3 posts
New Criminal Activity - 4 posts
Child Maintenance Issue. - 1 posts
Aifos Demand Letters - 5 posts
Snowing again! - 5 posts
Proposals for AGM - 12 posts
Blue Tits, Fat Balls & Pinched Nuts - 13 posts
Local Moving Company - 0 posts
MURCIA? MAR MENOR? COSTA CALIDA? - 14 posts
Interior Paint - 5 posts
unwanted furniture packs - 1 posts
A task for Justin re mobile sites - 0 posts
One for the PC techies please? - 11 posts
How much to sue a builder? - 11 posts
Iberdrola & Aguaquest bills online - 11 posts
El Pinet Rental - 0 posts
Property management - 1 posts
Communal areas change of use - 13 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 49

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x