Xmas Day Lunch Los Alcazares

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
27 Nov 2008 12:00 AM by Andy&Lynne Star rating in Roda. 14 posts Send private message

Hi

Could anyone recommend a good restaurant in the Los Alcazares area who may be doing Xmas Lunch on Xmas Day. We had booked David and Simon´s but I notice they are closed!!!!

Like 0      
27 Nov 2008 2:12 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Hi Andy n Lynne

Have you tried Rosalinds on the roof terrace near the Halifax? I haven't been there personally, but wondered if anyone had. It looks very nice. Maybe Annie will see this post and be able to help  Would be interesting to know where to go. The roblemar is also a place I would like to try one day too. Anyone have any reviews on either one?

Like 0      
28 Nov 2008 3:13 PM by hugh_man Star rating in Kent/Roda . 1593 posts Send private message

hugh_man´s avatar

Hi Andy and Lynne

You could try the Clubhouse at Roda Golf they are definitely opening and offering approx 5 courses inc some drinks for 60 euros pp

Like 0      
30 Nov 2008 11:59 AM by jogary Star rating in UK. 193 posts Send private message

jogary´s avatar

Hi Candyfloss,

We went to Rosalind's back in the Summer.

The food was good, staff were friendly (British owned) and the outdoor roof terrace was lovely. The indoor eating area looked good as well.

The only downside was the long wait for each course to arrive - about an hour from placing order to starters arriving and the same wait for starters to main course. The food was also fairly expensive.

However, this was the height of Summer and the place had not been open long, so hopefully service will be a lot quicker now. For a leisurely Xmas lunch this would probably make a good venue.

We would definitely go back and try it again.

Jogary.

Like 0      
04 Dec 2008 1:11 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Hi Jogary

Thanks for that reply. I had heard somewhere that the service was a bit slow. Will give it a try when we are over next.

There was a post a long time ago saying that someone had been to was Encarnacion. (further down town than the square, on the sea front)

We went there once with our estate agent tolook around but haven't eaten there. Looks very nice and a lot of good reviews somewhere on this forum.

Telephone number of Restaurante Encarnacion is 968 57 50 48. Address: Condesa 2, 30710 Los Alcazares.

Like 0      
13 Dec 2008 2:55 PM by leec6 Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

I have eaten in Rosalind's several times, and it has always been great, the best restaurant around.  The service is not slow, the staff are very friendly and the food is excellent.  I hear they are doing a  Christmas 5 course lunch this year.

Like 0      
17 Dec 2008 9:03 AM by pastie321 Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

We ate at Rosalinds in the Summer and found the food to be excellent, but the service was definitely on the slow side.

The menu did say something along the lines of a 'good meal takes time' so we were warned!

However, this didn't detract from the overall excperience and we would definitely go back.

Like 0      
18 Dec 2008 1:27 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Hi Pastie

Thanks for the info and welcome to the forum

I was speaking to someone in the summer and was told the owner from the penny farthing owns it.

What sort of menu does Rosalinds offer??

Like 0      
02 Jan 2009 7:08 PM by Andy&Lynne Star rating in Roda. 14 posts Send private message

Hi

Thanks to everyone who replied to my thread

We went to the ClubHouse at Roda Golf, I would recommend this to all

We had 5 course, including all beer/wine for 60 euro per person.

Candyfloss you have said previously you have had a good Sunday Lunch in Ribera, have you ever eaten at the Dog and Duck!

Like 0      
02 Jan 2009 8:27 PM by Annie21 Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

Annie21´s avatar

Hi Andy & Lynne

Roda Golf xmas sounds good - hope you got your monies worth LOL

You actually know me but not under this name - hope george had a good xmas too

We're back in Roda at Easter so will accost you then xx

Like 0      
08 Jan 2009 8:37 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Hi Andy and Lynne

Sounds like you had a good time at Christmas

Yes, we have tried the dog and duck, first meal we had there was nice but disappointed with the second time we went. The barracuda just around the corner from there is the place we enjoyed a lovely Sunday lunch, they have only been open since last August. It is a sports bar/restaurant and the staff are very friendly and food is good. (And we can walk home  ).

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Small sailing dinghy for sale. Flying Bee. - 3 posts
Work vehicle required. - 1 posts
Anyone know of a Gestor in the Andalucia region? - 6 posts
vets - 5 posts
Free advertsing sites & receiving rental income - 13 posts
Hotel in Duquesa? - 3 posts
Looking for People Looking for Jobs - 4 posts
Long term care hire - 1 posts
mar y casa ? - 5 posts
Made to pay €10235.65 - 2 posts
Legalities - Here you can post all your questions - 6 posts
Legalities - Here you can post all your questions - 10 posts
Girona Grapevine - 0 posts
BravaChat Pocast 05 - 0 posts
markandjane - 5 posts
fishing on the costa blanca - 0 posts
Help please, Witness to a Crime with Force - 4 posts
Ryanair announces plans to leave Blackpool airport - 0 posts
What a nice set of folk you are - 6 posts
El Balcon de Moratalla, Caravaca, Murcia - 4 posts
What is the 'going rate' a gestoria charges? - 3 posts
zip and link beds - 1 posts
Long Term Rental Property Mar Menor Golf Resort WANTED - 5 posts
Blocks 39 & 40 - 1 posts
Entitlements - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 11

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x