help

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
13 Nov 2008 12:00 AM by johnf Star rating in London / Costa Del S.... 66 posts Send private message

Have just received a letter from our Spanish bank (Cajasur) unfortunately its in Spanish - can anyone help please with the translation :-

"Autorizacion de Solicitud de Certificacion negativa de Residencia Y Cobro de Tasas Y Comisiones."

Autorizo a la Caja de Ahorros y Monte de Piedad de Cordoba, Cajasur, para que en su nombre solicite Certificado Negativo de Residencia ante la Direccion General de la Policia de Espana. autorizando asimismo el cargo en mi cuenta de las correspondientes tasa y comisiones, siempre que exista saido para ello. La no existencia de saldo imposibilitara la solicitud por parte de Cajasur.

I think this refers to the certificate of non residency - if so any help or advise on this issue please.  will be greatly appreciated

Regards

John

Like 0      
13 Nov 2008 4:48 PM by gwm Star rating in Pizarra. 139 posts Send private message

cant help with translating however if you search on net 'free translating' you just type the text in and it will be translated for you

Like 0      
13 Nov 2008 5:38 PM by sandra Star rating in . 812 posts Send private message

sandra´s avatar

Hi Johnf,

I take it  you have used 'Google' or some other translation site to find out the gist of what  the letter is about. So for those who read your post I am providing the 'Googled' translation:-

"Application for Certificate of Authorization negative Collection Residency And Fees And Commissions."

I authorize the Savings and Monte de Piedad Cordoba, Cajasur, to ask on their behalf Negative Certificate of Residence before the General Directorate of Police of Spain. and authorizing the charge on my account of the relevant fee and commissions, provided there is said to do so. The absence of balance impossible request from Cajasur.

Briefly, I believe it is asking for your authority to inform the powers that be of your non-residency status (i.e., You are not a permanent resident in Spain), and to allow Cajasur to take a fee from your account for this service. Although the second half of the request (i.e., to take a fee) is impossible for them to carry out because you have nothing in the account.

I'm not sure if you have to register every year or every to two years to  confirm your residency status  but, whichever it is, it seems you need to register/re-register, according to Cajasur

Like 0      
13 Nov 2008 9:37 PM by johnf Star rating in London / Costa Del S.... 66 posts Send private message

Hi Sandra,

Many thanks for the feedback. Looks like you are probably correct about the re-registration as I think it was about two years ago when we purchased our apartment. Its a bit concerning about the Bank taking a fee as they do not specify what amount the fee actually is - does this sound like normal practise.

Any idea where I can obtain more information on how to re-register as a non resident  or what's involved in this process.

Best Regards

John

Like 0      
13 Nov 2008 10:44 PM by sandra Star rating in . 812 posts Send private message

sandra´s avatar

Hi again,

I found some info. on the following thread in a post by 'cooperpeddy'.

Click the link and take a look.

Please I need some advice!

"To apply for the non-residency certificate you usually need to go in person to the Oficina de Extranjeros or police station in your province of residence.

The document costs about €10-€13, although if you go through a lawyer you may have to pay more than ¤120 (£97.20). "

If you use the 'search' facility at the top of each thread page typing in relevant words you may find out what the banks charge. They seem to vary greatly in their charges and so it may be better to ask them. You can email  them via the 'contact' button on the 'Cajasur'  website.

Like 0      
13 Nov 2008 11:02 PM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar

We paid 34.84 euros in December last year for 2 of us & the certification lasts 2 years.

The bank just debited our account without any prior warning or advice. This seems to be normal practice with Spanish banks.

Noreen

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      
14 Nov 2008 11:42 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Please have rough translation and advise below:

"Autorizacion de Solicitud de Certificacion negativa de Residencia Y Cobro de Tasas Y Comisiones."

Autorizo a la Caja de Ahorros y Monte de Piedad de Cordoba, Cajasur, para que en su nombre solicite Certificado Negativo de Residencia ante la Direccion General de la Policia de Espana. autorizando asimismo el cargo en mi cuenta de las correspondientes tasa y comisiones, siempre que exista saido para ello. La no existencia de saldo imposibilitara la solicitud por parte de Cajasur.

It is an authorisation for Cajasur to apply on your behalf for the Non Residency certificate before the Police Department and for them ti charge the management fee for that in your account. If you have no funds in the account, they will not be able to proceed accordingly.

My advise is that if you sign it, you must keep a copy of that for your records

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
14 Nov 2008 6:59 PM by Gypsy Star rating in south shields/formen.... 206 posts Send private message

Gypsy´s avatar

We also had 24 euros EACH taken out of our bank without any warning

at the end of last year. We asked what it was for and never received a reply, we found

out from friends it was for our certificate of non residence. Needless to say we have

now dumped BANKINTER and are happy with BANCO HALIFAX.

GYPSY

Like 0      
14 Nov 2008 7:33 PM by johnf Star rating in London / Costa Del S.... 66 posts Send private message

It appears that this form is for our certificate of non residency - its seems fair enough although the bank should have specified the charges as it sems strange to authorize something without knowing the costs.

What a fantastic site this is I am absolutely amazed by the feedback, help and advise given.

Many thanks to everyone particularly to Maria and Sandra its very much appreciated.

Best Regards

John

Like 0      
14 Nov 2008 10:16 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

When you opened your account they should have given you a booklet outlining the charges for various operations they can do on your behalf.  One of them will be the declaration of non-residence.  When you open the account it's free after that you will be charged.

I bought my property in October and as I'm normally out in Spain each October when I was topping up the account the teller would ask me to sign the declaration every other year.

I understand that some banks send the declaration form to you to sign and return.  Most banks charge for this service, costs vary but 24e seems to be the norm.

I changed to Halifax.ES to reduce my bank charges as I only use account to pay utility bills, maybe others can say if there are any other banks who do not charge to renew the declaration of non-residence.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Long term Rental Required - 6 posts
I don't want to start ANOTHER war...............BUT................. - 2 posts
Long term let required within walking distance of Estepona port - 0 posts
Did you see ?? - 14 posts
Lease cars - 0 posts
Dog Friendly Hotels - 7 posts
Music Lessons: Possible skill exchange witth Spanish Language lessons? - 0 posts
Ryanair stopping some flights - 10 posts
Finca wanted in Mijas Costa - 1 posts
Help For Heroes - 1 posts
Question for Maria re siezing of assets - 5 posts
Miss 2 mortgage payments and you're out! (this is in the UK) - 0 posts
Buying - 6 posts
The Certificate of Habitation - 2 posts
"HOUSE PLANTS" - 5 posts
Do people buy RHD cars in Spain? - 9 posts
50% share in costa Blanca property, Advise on selling - 2 posts
Another Telefonica Tale - 3 posts
902 Numbers - 5 posts
1 week rental wanted in Manilva area (27th Dec - 2nd Jan) - 0 posts
Upside-down Posts - 6 posts
Costs involved - 7 posts
Completion -Prologue - 4 posts
Some not so good news about Econorent - 10 posts
New livery yard - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 10

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x