I don't want to start ANOTHER war...............BUT.................

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
13 Nov 2008 12:00 AM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

Some time ago, there was a post saying that re broadcasters ( Torresat - I think ) had been given 30 days to remove the English chanels from thier service. The 30 days will be up soon......does anyone know how true this statement is/was? Especially as I am told that Torresat are currently putting up new aerials and giving out new boxes.
i have read the info about Simulsat and the stuff about the charges and seen also that the charges are to be reduced for ex-Telmicro users. I know that this company is registered in Santa Pola and it would seem that they too are re broadcasters, so are also 'illegal'.
Is this a 'spin off' of Telmicro ?
Our Community is at the point of having a communal English satallite system installed ( as soon as the money has been collected ) BUT some owners are already paying Torresat and others have some TV by other means and off course, no one wants to pay out more money to have satallite TV if the current ( re broadcast ) providers are staying.
How can I find the truth ??
I know this subject has been covered inside out previously but I am hoping someone out there may have more substatial evidence of how the land lies now.

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
13 Nov 2008 6:18 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

I can't help much Karen, but the only 100% certain way of getting UK channels is to have a dish pointing at one of the Astra/ hotbird satellites. This way you know you are getting the "real thing" and not re- broadcast several times. You never know when/ if/ how the law will change on the re- broadcasting service banning them totally, then you will be stuffed.

Personally I would try to convince your residents that paying for a "dodgy" service could cost them more in the long run than having a proper dish system installed. Of course, you then have to go to the trouble of getting a registered receiving card if you want subscription channels.

Mark

Like 0      
14 Nov 2008 1:56 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

Don't think anyone will be able to say for sure what is going to happen to the re-broadcasters.

Personally it all comes down to the cost and whether you have room for  a 1.8+ dish to get UK programmes.

If Torresat had taken over the Telmicro clients without charging 180+ euros then I would carried on paying 20E a month via direct debit but I was not prepared to pay another years viewing up front.  Same goes for Simulsat.

I'm considering setting up a dish system but do not have the room for a large dish, my neighbour is in the process of installing a 1.4 dish so will see what programmes she gets. 

I suppose you need to weigh up the costs and what programmes you want to watch.  The initial outlay for a Sat system will be expensive but it needs to be weighed up against the cost of setting up a re-broadcast system.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Long term let required within walking distance of Estepona port - 0 posts
Did you see ?? - 14 posts
Lease cars - 0 posts
Dog Friendly Hotels - 7 posts
Music Lessons: Possible skill exchange witth Spanish Language lessons? - 0 posts
Ryanair stopping some flights - 10 posts
Finca wanted in Mijas Costa - 1 posts
Help For Heroes - 1 posts
Question for Maria re siezing of assets - 5 posts
Miss 2 mortgage payments and you're out! (this is in the UK) - 0 posts
Buying - 6 posts
The Certificate of Habitation - 2 posts
"HOUSE PLANTS" - 5 posts
Do people buy RHD cars in Spain? - 9 posts
50% share in costa Blanca property, Advise on selling - 2 posts
Another Telefonica Tale - 3 posts
902 Numbers - 5 posts
1 week rental wanted in Manilva area (27th Dec - 2nd Jan) - 0 posts
Upside-down Posts - 6 posts
Costs involved - 7 posts
Completion -Prologue - 4 posts
Some not so good news about Econorent - 10 posts
New livery yard - 0 posts
house wanted to rent - 0 posts
Gas Natural - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x