Developers responsibility for defects

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
07 Nov 2008 12:00 AM by icwright0705 Star rating in Benfleet, Essex - La.... 31 posts Send private message

I have been reading in David Searl's book about You and the law in Spain. This says that under Spains' recent building laws a developer is responsible for "finishing defects" for 1 year, "minor defects" for 2 years and "structural defects" for 10 years. We are having problems as it is now more than 1 year since we completed buying our property and the developer is now saying that water leaking through the joints in our PVCU windows is not their responsibility and could need maintenance and of course after more than 12 months it is not their responsibility. They are also using this excuse for things that were reported within 12 months but that they have still not fixed!!! Does anybody know what the effective date for these regulations is as we do not expect to get any reply from our lawyer because we paid him on completion and have had no reply to emails since that time.

Like 0      
07 Nov 2008 10:52 PM by inspectahomespain Star rating in Orihuela Costa, Spai.... 2417 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

I will e-amail you a guide for a simple way to resolve these matters and how the law applies and who to talk to at the local town hall

Like 0      
11 Sep 2009 10:20 PM by sjh Star rating in Cornwall UK. 34 posts Send private message

would you send me one too?

enquiries@hotelpenzance.com

Many thanks

Yvonne

Like 0      
12 Sep 2009 12:23 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

You can also have more information here:

http://www.eyeonspain.com/spain-magazine/building-defects.aspx

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
06 Oct 2009 12:10 PM by LaCanadaGirl Star rating. 11 posts Send private message

After Sales Snagging Service ?

We used to have after sales availability on Monday, Wednesday and Fridays after 3.30pm for La Canada but now Mondays are not for La Canada.  

Why? 

Could it be seen as not necessary as the snags are being done and there is little left to do?

We do not think so as after the heavy rain we had recently, we know a number of owners who had water leak problems. 

We ourselves have water leaks that we reported over a year ago and still they have not been corrected. 

We believe the promoter’s policy could well be to ignore the problem and there is a good chance you will get so fed up that you will fix the problem yourself.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Taking my LHD UK Plates car to Spain - 30 posts
Sending boxes from UK to Spain - 11 posts
British Schools in Spain - 7 posts
Equity release problems with Landsbanki - 0 posts
Spanish property problems deepen - 4 posts
THIS IS A SERIOUS PLEA CAN SOMEONE PLEASE PLEASE HELP MY WIFE AND I - 7 posts
I've launched our community based forum - 2 posts
OPP Live at Excel - Anyone going? - 6 posts
pool builder in spain (murcia) - 0 posts
DOMO PHONE RETURNING IT TO TELEFONICA - 0 posts
Directions from Dover...? - 0 posts
Downloading Skype to your computer - 4 posts
Easyjet Summer Flights - 10 posts
Painting Courses- Christmas Presents! - 1 posts
AIRPORT HELP!!!!! - 3 posts
On -line shopping..any help out there? - 4 posts
Warning - don't fall for this scam - 0 posts
Car Hire Scam - 18 posts
Furniture / kitchen recommendations - 6 posts
Diesel Renault Scenic for sale. (small people carrier shape) - 6 posts
markandjane - 17 posts
How do you survive without Speaking Spanish - 41 posts
Moving to Costa del Sol - job help for Gib etc would be great - 21 posts
Obama is the new US president - 4 posts
E BOOK CRISIS! - 6 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x