Any one with family/friends in the armed forces???

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
20 Oct 2008 12:00 AM by randolph Star rating. 167 posts Send private message

Hi.....
A bit of a long shot I know - but does anyone know if I can send parcels from Spain directly to Afghanistan? 

Our eldest son is out there at the moment and we are coming out to Spain in 10 days. I have the internet and 'phone so I will still be in direct contact - but I want to continue sending him parcels if possible.

As a family we have a system going - his brother sends him the 'cool' stuff like sports news etc - his sister sends him  the fun/silly stuff, (she's a 19 yr old student so still daft as a brush) and I send all the mumsy stuff like fruit cake , cookies etc. 

Thanks

Like 0      
20 Oct 2008 3:30 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar
I imagine they can be sent, but from the UK, BFPO addresses are used. This allowss the sender to pay the same to send a parcel from the UK to any BFPO as it would to send within the UK. The Spanish postal system will probably not be able to cope with the short address as most post to BFPO addresses is flown from Lyneham or Brize Norton. Whether there is a general postal address that would allow delivery, i'm afraid I don't know. I would think that you can almost certainly send them from Gib though.

Mark

Like 0      
20 Oct 2008 3:46 PM by randolph Star rating. 167 posts Send private message

Hello ,

Thanks for the reply.

At  present, in the UK,  we send parcels through BFPO - and it is free!!!!  ( good job as my baking, although tasty, is not always a light as it should be )

I appreciate that I will have to pay if I use the Spanish Postal system. I just wondered if it was possible. 

I think I may have to persuade son no.2 or daughter to fill the 'mumsy 'role'   

Like 0      
20 Oct 2008 3:56 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar
I had to go with my experiences of having mail delivered to a Germany camp, long before this outbreak of conflicts. I forgot it was free to send to active service areas now, sorry. I did find this address though http://www.bfpo.mod.uk/bfponumbers_static.htm, you may be able to get some help from there?

Mark 

edited to add: Contact details found on this page http://www.bfpo.mod.uk/contactus.htm

This message was last edited by Marksfish on 10/20/2008.

Like 0      
20 Oct 2008 5:51 PM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar
I'm almost certain that the Spanish Armed Forces have a presence in Afghanistan as part of the NATO force, in which case the Spanish postal system will have something in place.
Suggest talk to Correos when you get over here.
In the meantime have a look at this
http://correos.es/contenido/02P-EnviarPaq/03-PaqInternacional/02P03-PaqInternacional.asp

Yes, I know its in Spanish but it might be some help...

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      
21 Oct 2008 9:55 AM by randolph Star rating. 167 posts Send private message

Many thanks Mark & Foxtrot,

I have just 'phoned BFPO. It seems that I can send parcels to BFPO from Spain. I will need to pay the postage to the UK and then it is free from here to Afghanistan.
Seems a fair arrangement.

I will also look into sending parcels directly from Correos to Afghanistan as well - that should test my Spanish and their patience  

Thanks again

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Garden Soil - 0 posts
AMARION III IS NOT AN URBASA PROPERTY NOW. - 0 posts
Working in Spain....Paid in UK or Ireland - 1 posts
moto cross - 0 posts
Where have all the photos gone? - 1 posts
Google Earth pinpoints - 9 posts
Getting british T.V. stations back. - 31 posts
Mortgages - 4 posts
Car Hire - Gibraltar or La Linea? - 4 posts
murica or almeria airport hotel - 1 posts
Photos - 0 posts
Edinburgh Airport - 0 posts
bmi baby - 0 posts
importing rattan furniture - 0 posts
Abusive bank guarantee - solicitor tells me to accept it! - 24 posts
LTE International - 0 posts
Buy a property? - 19 posts
bmibaby online check-in for return flight? - 13 posts
DIY Dangers of Cement - 3 posts
furniture for sale - 0 posts
Pick a number, any number.... - 23 posts
Mercedes A170 Elegance Class 1.7 petrol 2 Door car FOR SALE - MALAGA AREA - 0 posts
Ryanair to close routes from Valencia? - 1 posts
mosquitoes - 22 posts
DVD Player in Spain - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x