Getting british T.V. stations back.

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
19 Oct 2008 12:00 AM by formentera costa Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

we have made enquiries about having british t.v. installed after the Telemicro
shutdown fiasco. We have been quoted 900 euros installation
with no monthly fee to pay ,this is for a 1.9 metre dish.. 
this includes the receiver box for 4 apartments, and 4 leads from the sat dish.
this would work out to approx 225 euros per apartment. all 4 of us were ready to have it
installed but have been told the following-:
1. we need planning permission from the local town hall for the dish
2.we need some kind of specifications from the installing engineer???
3. the guardia could come in at anytime and disconnect us without no 1 and 2 above.
4.we need consent from EVERY owner in our community block.(over 100 apatments)

can anyone confirm if all the above is correct  ??????????????????????

coolyes

Like 0      
19 Oct 2008 8:20 PM by satandpcguy Star rating in Gandia, Valencia. 399 posts Send private message

satandpcguy´s avatar
some town hall are saying that they need to see permits - small works permits, photos / diagrams of the dish installation, and it needs to be signed off by a qualified engineer.
i know that nortons / broadbandcostblanca.com have said they have a qualified chappie that can do this...

but it is only certain town halls...can anyone confirm which ones...

you only need consent from the community as per the voting rules - if they say only majrity rules, then that goes

www.satandpcguy.com Satellite TV & Sky TV in Spain installers. Costa Blanca, Azahar and Valencia areas.

"Like" us on Facebook

Like 0      
20 Oct 2008 10:53 PM by xetog Star rating in Wiltshire/holiday ap.... 514 posts Send private message

We are looking into doing a similar thing having definitely "gone-off" the rebroadcasters.  When we were last over (we returned on 13th October) there was an article by a legal guy in a local newspaper (Coast Rider I think, but could have been CBN) and that definitely said that planning permission and all of those other issues only apply to dishes over 1.9m.

The price looks very good, but I have been looking at coverage of the Astra satellites and Formentera seems to fall right on the line between a 2.0m or 2.4m dish being required for our area.  As for the issue of the Guardia, they seem to be able to do anything they want if they feel a bit bored or pissed off at Brits in general, someone even said they had taken to flying over in a helicopter to spot illegal dishes, but I would take this with a pinch of salt.

Mike

Like 0      
21 Oct 2008 7:20 AM by satandpcguy Star rating in Gandia, Valencia. 399 posts Send private message

satandpcguy´s avatar
if they say you need permission for a 1.9m dish then here are the actual sizes of the most popular dishes used.

Actual famaval dish sizes

1.8 prime focus
Outside diameter: 1940mm x 1940mm
Relector diameter: 1790mm x 1790mm

2.4 prime focus
Outside diameter: 2470mm x 2470mm
Relector diameter: 2290mm x 2290mm

you can see than the 1.8m dish is actually 1.93m according to the offical manufactures spec sheet.....

www.satandpcguy.com Satellite TV & Sky TV in Spain installers. Costa Blanca, Azahar and Valencia areas.

"Like" us on Facebook

Like 0      
21 Oct 2008 9:27 AM by formentera costa Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

Hi xetog,
My O.H. has actually seen the helicopter flying overhead, and we were
also informed that it was the guardia looking for illegal sat dishes.
But as you say is it all a load of rubbish or what!!!!!!

coolyes

Like 0      
21 Oct 2008 10:54 AM by xetog Star rating in Wiltshire/holiday ap.... 514 posts Send private message

My God, don't they have any 'real' crime to detect. Sounds too much like the UK !!!!

It still leaves us with the original question though. I suppose that we will have to check with the Town Hall when we are next over, unless anyone has any other ideas?

Thanks, satandpcguy, I'm not sure if that makes it better or worse!

Gloria and Mike

Like 0      
21 Oct 2008 7:55 PM by falklands Star rating. 42 posts Send private message

Formentera Costa

Whats the matter with You lot in the Costa Blanca,  all you seem to talk about is Sat TV and how to get the latest Dodgy Dealer.
Down here on the Costa del Sol every one has Sky, Sat dishes either communal or private are available. Normally this can be installed for about e300 nothing more to pay. No Tele this or Tele that. Listen to Satandtvguy he seems to be the only one telling how it is.

I bet it was the Guys from Telinco who started that story for the gullible people of CB. Don't say they arn't becaouse Telinco found Thousands of them up there

Our Helicopters are out looking for boat loads of  illigal immigrants, not Sat Dishes. Unless they are after Aliens? Best ask OH

This should start em off

F

This message was last edited by falklands on 10/21/2008.

This message was last edited by falklands on 10/21/2008.

Like 0      
22 Oct 2008 5:10 PM by annbag Star rating. 12 posts Send private message

hello

how do you get sky, when the agreement says uk and n.i only, and how do you get it all for so little, please pass on the phone number  to all of us so we can have it as well,  for that cost.
we would all be so interested
pussycat

Like 0      
22 Oct 2008 5:29 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar
I got my British tv back last night just in time for the footie.
Paid 190€ and then free from then on.
Seems a decent system,i suppose thye proof is in how long it continues to be decent.
In all honesty after half an hour of Sky News suicide tv it makes you wonder why we bothered about getting it back.......cant they talk about anything good.....i think they should at least take the "John Cravens newsround" approach and put a funny bit at the end of each segment before the doom and glooom loop starts to repeat again...

Like 0      
22 Oct 2008 6:13 PM by Kev K Star rating in Cork, Ireland, Olivi.... 141 posts Send private message

Kev K´s avatar
Hi Georgia
Can you please advise us how you got this offer and where to get it. 

Many thanks

Like 0      
22 Oct 2008 6:13 PM by satandpcguy Star rating in Gandia, Valencia. 399 posts Send private message

satandpcguy´s avatar
"how do you get sky, when the agreement says uk and n.i only, "

you can get sky subscription channels outside the uk, you just bring your sky card out to spain, in which case you are breaking the agreement and if sky find out they cancel your card.
you can get the free tv channels with no card and therefore you are breaking no agreement.

"and how do you get it all for so little, please pass on the phone number  to all of us so we can have it as well,  for that cost.
we would all be so interested"
if you pay sky directly for your subscription you pay the sk prices, which care exactly the same as the uk prices.
people get sky movies and sport for like 20 euroes because they will be getting them from a rebroadcaster.
you may find that some rebroadcasters are sending a signal that is currently free, which may turn "scrambled" and require a monthly payment and a viewing card" from the rebroadcaster. some "companies" are changeing to install systems with the promis that the signal is free, but again these signals may go scrambled later one.....

"pussycat"
how should i respond to this...?????

"Like" us on Facebook

Like 0      
23 Oct 2008 10:34 AM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar
hI kev,
Our president went out and found a system which is freeview that give us all the freeview channels,Sky news BBC 1,2,  itv 1,2,3,etc.....
We have a cable system here so that the dish can be mounted at the comms house near the pool that way we only need one dish and it is piped straight into each villa.
We have been guaranteed that this is both legal and if needed (for more expense can be upgraded to a bigger dish for more channels at a later date.
I can find out the guys number if you want.
We had a meeting at the pool to view the system and those who wanted could take up the offer.

Satandpcguy.
I bought a TDT box yesterday with an ariel because our new system doesnt have Spanish tv and i enjoy watching it,the guy in the fereteria told me how to install it but i am having problems with the direction the aeriel should point towards.
There are no other aeriels near me for a guide.
Is there a direction it should point in ie East.West Etc....?
The system set up comes up on the screen ok but with "no signal" after it seraches  for channels obviously due to the aeriel.
Any help would be much appreciated,I have promoised the kids Spanish cartoons again and they are not happy.....

Like 0      
23 Oct 2008 12:40 PM by satandpcguy Star rating in Gandia, Valencia. 399 posts Send private message

satandpcguy´s avatar
i normally use www.tdt.es for tranmitter directions but for the past few days i have been unable to access it, and anm looking for another site for tdt transmitter positions...

if your new satellite system relies on a stack of digiboxes each programmed to a different channel in the comms house, then this is technically "rebroadcasting" also. If your new system relies on each house having their own digital satellte receiver then this is ok.

if you are getting bbc2 on the dish, then upgrading to a bigger dish should not get you any more channels as bbc2 is the weakest channel around.....

"Like" us on Facebook

Like 0      
23 Oct 2008 1:58 PM by Kev K Star rating in Cork, Ireland, Olivi.... 141 posts Send private message

Kev K´s avatar
Hi Georgia
Thanks for response, if you wouldn't mind passing on the info for installer that would be great. I will pass info on to our president. Also can I ask approx. how much it was to get installed.

Many thanks...

Like 0      
23 Oct 2008 2:03 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar
Thanks, i will keep trying the tdt site.
We all have our own didgibox in our villas.
That was a mistake before,we cannot get BBC 2 at present.

Like 0      
24 Oct 2008 5:39 PM by smiffyinspain Star rating. 61 posts Send private message

is anyone having problems with torresat tv. Initially I was missing some channels they fitted a stronger LNB and now the channels keep breaking up is it to do with the atmosphere due to the weather,or is it a crap system.Is there anything I can do to boost the signal.its very frustrating when your watching a programme and it keeps breaking up.

Like 0      
25 Oct 2008 4:06 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

Where abouts are you Smiffy, I know some people can't get Torresat until they install the new antenna in Quesada.

Personally I'd complain to Torresat as most people seem to be reporting that their new systems are working better than the one they received from telmicro.

Like 0      
25 Oct 2008 4:10 PM by smiffyinspain Star rating. 61 posts Send private message

Thanks it seems to be workiing ok today only froze once today for a few minutes Im in Playa Flamenca,I think it may have been an atmosphere thing due to the bad weather as its been oka now for a while touch wood

Like 0      
28 Oct 2008 3:40 PM by annief0245 Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

I heard a rumour today that Torresat have been given 30 days to remove all illegal channels.  We have already lost several channels including Hallmark, TV drama and Uk gold.

Like 0      
28 Oct 2008 3:56 PM by smiffyinspain Star rating. 61 posts Send private message

yes I have hall mark but none of the others. Torresat boast that they are the only legal tv station in Spain so I think Ill pop into their office tomorrow and have it out with them

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Mortgages - 4 posts
Car Hire - Gibraltar or La Linea? - 4 posts
murica or almeria airport hotel - 1 posts
Photos - 0 posts
Edinburgh Airport - 0 posts
bmi baby - 0 posts
importing rattan furniture - 0 posts
Abusive bank guarantee - solicitor tells me to accept it! - 24 posts
LTE International - 0 posts
Buy a property? - 19 posts
bmibaby online check-in for return flight? - 13 posts
DIY Dangers of Cement - 3 posts
furniture for sale - 0 posts
Pick a number, any number.... - 23 posts
Mercedes A170 Elegance Class 1.7 petrol 2 Door car FOR SALE - MALAGA AREA - 0 posts
Ryanair to close routes from Valencia? - 1 posts
mosquitoes - 22 posts
DVD Player in Spain - 2 posts
Mobile Air Con Unit - 2 posts
Hydropool Hot Tub - 4 posts
Ford Focus 1.6 Ghia - 3 posts
imports of rattan furniture - 0 posts
Company called Resale Strategy - 10 posts
any one know about moto cross in spain - 0 posts
Long term rental in Costa Calida - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 32

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x