Snakes!!!!!!!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
01 Oct 2008 12:00 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Just found a snake on my front door step and we don't even live in the campo!!!

Susan

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
01 Oct 2008 1:51 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar
Havn't seen any Snakes, but have seen loads of small Lizards.

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
01 Oct 2008 2:12 PM by buzylizzie Star rating in Gibraltar, Manilva a.... 192 posts Send private message

buzylizzie´s avatar
Yikes! Just curious - what did you do with it?   (I live on the next urb' from you!)

Like 0      
01 Oct 2008 2:17 PM by Tish Star rating in Surrey. 833 posts Send private message

Are you sure it wasn't an ex REA in disguise?

Like 0      
01 Oct 2008 3:15 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
The cat dealt with it,ate it as a matter of fact!

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
01 Oct 2008 3:58 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
I videod it too

Click pic, it links to Youtube.

Cat eats Snake

This message was last edited by morerosado on 10/1/2008.

Like 0      
01 Oct 2008 4:34 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Wow the cat actually looks just like Paris, if it wasn't for the background noise!

Susan

Like 0      
01 Oct 2008 9:11 PM by Tish Star rating in Surrey. 833 posts Send private message

Oh YUK!!!!! What a great little cat. I would have worried that it would get bitten. Was it a venomous snake?

Like 0      
02 Oct 2008 7:52 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
I was worried that she would get bitten!

Like 0      
02 Oct 2008 11:01 AM by Irene&Alan Star rating in Formentera del Segur.... 701 posts Send private message

Irene&Alan´s avatar
Gross!!!

We had garter snakes as pets once when my daughter was small. One morning we found one of them was missing and the dog had been very sick! Work that one out for yourselves.

Irene

Like 0      
02 Oct 2008 12:10 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
I am a bit worried having chatted with my sister. She thinks that I should have Paris checked by a vet. What do you all think?

Susan

Like 0      
02 Oct 2008 4:20 PM by buzylizzie Star rating in Gibraltar, Manilva a.... 192 posts Send private message

buzylizzie´s avatar
This sounds awful but I don't mean it to : I'm glad the cat ate it!

I wouldn't worry too much though - I think if Paris had been poisoned she would be ill by now.

Just give her lots of cuddles and tell her how clever she is

Like 0      
02 Oct 2008 5:30 PM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

buzylizzie

well, i'm sorry but  i'm on the snakes side. OK to let cats get rid of  vermin, but i've no time for a cat that  tortures or kills harmless animals, snakes, birds, frogs  etc. I realise it's hard for a cat to know or care about the difference. We have a lovely garden of wild birds in spring, because we don't have a cat.

each to own, i realise i'm in the minority on this one!

Like 0      
02 Oct 2008 5:56 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Goodstich, I don't believe you are in the minority on this one. Rarely do I come across those who agree with anyone/anything that hurts another whatever it is. Unfortunately it's nature for cats to go for birds etc. We have a bird bath in our garden & have all kinds of birds that bath in it then fly into our apple tree & flutter their wings to dry off then often back into the bath. We have a robin that comes, so beautiful.

Like 0      
02 Oct 2008 6:12 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
You cannot believe how shocked and disillusioned I was that my  beloved pet was capable of such savage behaviour  but like More says it's nature and that is hard for me to accept too.  It was the first time(that I am aware of) that she had ever done this to another living creature as I have kept her indoors until recently which some might say is cruel.I have never had cats before so it is all new to me.

Susan

Like 0      
03 Oct 2008 8:20 AM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

Susan

i think cruelty is a part of a cats make up, and as more says, it's in their nature. Some of them do enjoy making creatures suffer the most dreadful injuries before either eating them or leaving them in what must be agony. 

As a dog lover, i've never quite been able to really accept that side of cats as ok. As a cat lover, the loving side of their cat must outway the not so nice side, and that's fair enough.  We all have our own opinion on what's acceptable i guess.

Like 0      
03 Oct 2008 9:00 AM by pknott Star rating in Costa Blanca. 142 posts Send private message

pknott´s avatar
Fact or Fiction ?

On the subject of these things...has anyone heard of those caterpillars that are around for a few weeks in the spring, that live in or on pine trees that are extremely toxic to children or animals?

Or is someone pulling my leg?

Like 0      
03 Oct 2008 9:34 AM by buzylizzie Star rating in Gibraltar, Manilva a.... 192 posts Send private message

buzylizzie´s avatar
Goodstitch
I wasn't advocating any animal torturing or killing another animal just for fun, but, as has already been pointed out it is in their instinct, just as catching mice and cockroaches etc is.
I too am a dog lover and I am currently teaching my new dog not to chase any other animals, whether it be a cat, dog or large unidentified flying insects! It is not easy as he is still only a puppy and so wants to play with them but I fear he will get hurt!
I think it is easier to train a dog on such things than it is a cat - but I could be wrong!
I don;t like going to any circus, bull-fight etc and would do anything to save an ill or injured animal - but we must remember - animals will be animals!

Like 0      
03 Oct 2008 9:36 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Hi pknott

Yes, Jane B has a dog called Kippy who had a very narrow escape, read here  BEWARE PROCESSIONAL CATERPILLARS

This message was last edited by morerosado on 10/3/2008.

Like 0      
03 Oct 2008 3:55 PM by Frustrated Owner Star rating in Torreblanca del Sol. 56 posts Send private message

Frustrated Owner´s avatar
Hi Pknott,

These caterpillars are far from being a joke. Small dogs and cats can die quite a nasty death if they come into contact with these little buggers ( personal experience ! ).

Humans can also get a very nasty reaction. 

STAY AWAY FROM THEM !

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Renault Scenic Diesel for sale(Spanish) - 1 posts
Tabacs nr St Javier Airport ? - 8 posts
has any one bought..... - 0 posts
Removal Company - 2 posts
Gardens of manilva country club - 2 posts
Excess baggage charges. - 16 posts
BANKINTER - 12 posts
Running a bar/cafe in spain - 4 posts
Cleaner Required - 2 posts
FAO: Justin. Server/ PM problems? - 4 posts
MARKET GONE MAD - 13 posts
Room 101 for ex-presidents and vice presidents - 26 posts
Moped Wanted - Mijas Costa - 0 posts
Electric Bills - 19 posts
Finally its ours!! - 3 posts
can you buy tetralysal acne tablets over the counter in chemist - 0 posts
HELP PLEASE, lost my man with a van - 2 posts
Which way? - 15 posts
How to go about investigating a developer's financial position? - 4 posts
Let's ALL make a denuncia against Telmicro then. - 0 posts
looking to do karaoke and sell ice creem in the day - 1 posts
tv dishes - 1 posts
What a fantastic night! - 1 posts
Anyone heard of Asset Management Recoveries Barcelona? - 41 posts
Silver grey and black millipedes - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 20

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x