Silver grey and black millipedes

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
29 Sep 2008 12:00 AM by mr.kevin Star rating in Costa Blanca. 189 posts Send private message

mr.kevin´s avatar
Anyone have any ideas how to stop or get rid of these millipedes we get following wet spells here in Albatera.

The creatures in question are about 25 - 50 millimetre long and black or silver grey in colour, they coil up when you pick them up or brush them away and squirt out a yellow liquid that smells quite bad.

The millipedes seem to be attracted to water as we get hundreds in the pool over night during the worst periods.

Any ideas would be welcome.

Kev.

Like 0      
30 Sep 2008 11:17 AM by mervy Star rating in oriheula. 138 posts Send private message

we have and apartment in hurchillo and we were tortured with these things for months. we lived at the bottom of a mountain and no exaggeration we used to have maybe forty-fifty all on the terrace, up the walls and in the apartment. the liquid spells like iodine and if i was sitting on the sofa i knew when they were behind the sofa because they were so smelly. they were even found behind pictures and headboards. we tried lots of sprays and things as did our neighbours but nothing worked so i had to resort to just sweeping them all in a pile and putting fly spray directly on to them. we even had a few that were bout the size of a small snake on our terrace. i can sympathise with you as they really are a NIGHTMARE.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

swap villa in dehesa de campoamor (luxury costa blanca) for house in uk (devon pref) - 0 posts
UK TV with freesat - 34 posts
completion - 2 posts
Happy Birthday Fibby - 8 posts
Help With Nationwide Flex Account - 23 posts
New Road - 18 posts
Web hosting recommendations - 15 posts
Double glazing windows - 1 posts
Help needed with setting up a bank transfer to pay taxes - 5 posts
costa brava - 1 posts
valle ramano - 1 posts
looking for work - 0 posts
Christmas in Benahavis - 0 posts
Please Help - Advise needed on Serious Problem with Spainish Lawyer - 2 posts
INTERNET CAFE - 1 posts
Arenal Duquesa 140,000 euros - 0 posts
Hello from Fuerteventura - 4 posts
freesat - 1 posts
Any news re: communal dish - 0 posts
Manilva Beach - 1 posts
Bankruptcy issues - 5 posts
Emergency phones in Spain - 0 posts
fiestas in Rojales, ?????????????? - 5 posts
The Big Bang - 5 posts
ITV Documentary looking for Brits moving to/living in Spain - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 2

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x