Success!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
23 Sep 2008 12:00 AM by Lauryc Star rating in Was South Devon .. n.... 520 posts Send private message

Lauryc´s avatar
Back from Spain and our delivery arrived intact this time. Hoooray!

Then we decided to try and let our UK house as we can't sell just now.
Someone came straight away and they want to move in at the end of October!

Now i'm in panic mode.

Laury

Laury

Like 0      
23 Sep 2008 9:51 AM by Sonia El Star rating in Wales / Carvajal, F.... 212 posts Send private message

Well done!! About time you had some luck. Hope everything goes to plan.

Like 0      
23 Sep 2008 10:17 AM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

23 Sep 2008 1:31 PM by J&N Star rating in Nottinghamshire. 342 posts Send private message

J&N´s avatar

Hi Laury

A good news posting for once, you must feel relieved to have both your furniture in place and your house rented. As you say, panic mode now sets in - it seems there is so little time, so much to do.

I hope the move goes well for you.

Best of luck

Jacqui

Jacqui

http://relocatetospain.blogspot.com our adventure from deciding to move to Spain to being here and moving back to the UK.

Like 0      
23 Sep 2008 1:38 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Hi Laury, great news glad all went well I bet that was a relief.     House in UK up for rent as well well done, I can understand panic setting in.    Just goes to show their is light at the end of the tunnel.  Take care Pat 

Like 0      
23 Sep 2008 1:54 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar
Everythings looking good for you Laury, brilliant!!!!
Kind regards,

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
23 Sep 2008 2:11 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

Absolutely brilliant, you deserve some good news after all you've been through.

Like 0      
23 Sep 2008 4:55 PM by Lauryc Star rating in Was South Devon .. n.... 520 posts Send private message

Lauryc´s avatar
Many thanks for all the good wishes.

I've made a list of things to do and it's miiiiiiiiiiles long. ha ha ...

Hope I don't forget anything. 

Laury

Laury

Like 0      
24 Sep 2008 8:54 AM by J&N Star rating in Nottinghamshire. 342 posts Send private message

J&N´s avatar

I know how long that list will be. The one thing I forgot when we were getting ready to move out to Spain, was currency. We got off the ferry and onto the toll road and I suddenly realised we hadn't got any Euros!

It wasn't like organising a holiday when ordering currency is one of the main tasks, this was different, we were moving house - and so halfway through Spain it suddenly dawned on me that we had no currency to pay the toll fees and I envisaged spending our first night on Spanish soil locked up in some local police station.

One thing I found really useful was to have a skip on the driveway so that anything that needed dumping could be taken straight out of the house and not left in a corner somewhere to take later. We actually ended up filling 2 skips with rubbish.

There will be days when you feel you'll never get everything done, but somehow it all gets sorted and it's the best feeling when you finally close the door for the last time and set out for your new life. Are you having a big leaving party? We loved ours as we got to see all our family and friends one last time before we moved.

Jacqui

http://relocatetospain.blogspot.com our adventure from deciding to move to Spain to being here and moving back to the UK.

Like 0      
24 Sep 2008 9:26 AM by Lauryc Star rating in Was South Devon .. n.... 520 posts Send private message

Lauryc´s avatar
Thanks for the nudge.
We should be okay for euros as I have a "spanish" purse which always has cash in for our trips over. 

No big leaving party but my OH has his 60th birthday a week before we're due to leave so we'll visit our sons and families in the Midlands then.
It's scary now.

Laury

Laury

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Should you complete without a habitation certificate? - 77 posts
Good morning every one! - 9 posts
bank guaruntee - 66 posts
LHD car wanted. RHD to sell. - 0 posts
How Much Tax Do I Pay ?? - 9 posts
Hallo - 1 posts
5% Retention - 2 posts
Pool Table - 5 posts
Aifos Mail on Sunday Article - 10 posts
BUSINESS PARTNER - 0 posts
Newbie from Guardamar - Sky TV - 1 posts
We've moved in .... - 20 posts
Purchase of spanish apartment - 1 posts
Hi everybody - 5 posts
Television Licence - 5 posts
Newe member - 3 posts
EASYJET HAVE CANCELLED A FLIGHT! - 33 posts
wealth and income tax - 127 posts
TDT TV guide - 3 posts
Parcela - 7 posts
Digital TV - 0 posts
Hi New member - 2 posts
printed merchandise - 1 posts
Hi Everyone, can anyone help me with Self-Cert mortgage info? - 3 posts
Trampolin Hills, Trampolin Solera, the company and it's Directors - 6 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 10

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x