We've moved in ....

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
21 Sep 2008 12:00 AM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar
Hi all,

Well, we have moved in to our lovely new townhouse in Vizcaronda, Duquesa.

We picked up the keys on Monday, Wednesday Union Jack moved our furniture from our apartment to the house, Imperial delivered the extra furniture we had ordered and as we started bringing the furniture into the house, Brittany Ferries rang and confirmed that they had now scheduled for Plymouth to Santander in November and December and confirmed our advanced booking for 30th November!

Then on Thursday, Union Jack delivered the first load from the UK to our house here in Spain, and Telefonica installed our Telephone and Internet (wow - is the internet fast or what!)

Just have to wait for Kings Klub in Monte Duquesa to come and put the twin feeds in for Sky+ from our communal system, that should be on Monday.

Have been busy changing locks, fitting lights (outside and in), bath screens, testing all the fitted appliances - and of course relaxing in the sun (although we did have some rain on Thursday).

So, everything is finaly falling into place for our move to Spain, have already purchased the Left Hand Drive car in the UK, have got the Pet Passport sorted out for our dog, and have got the ferry crossing booked from Plymouth to Santander on the 30th November.

All we have to do now is book Union Jack to move the remaining load from UK to Spain, book the Hotel around Madrid as will be driving down through Spain in two stages and last but not least ..... FIND JOBS! .... Actally that MUST be 1st on the next list of things to do!

Finally, I must thank Justin for EOS, and indeed everyone on EOS that have helped us, as you have all helped us achieve our dream.

This message was last edited by TechNoApe on 9/21/2008.

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
21 Sep 2008 7:49 PM by claire T Star rating in Torremendo, Orihuela. 688 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter
Congratulations - it's a wonderful feeling isn't it?  

You really can't get a job until you are here permanently so there is no point in getting too worried about that side of things.  You'll find that you are very busy for the first few months and when you know the area you will have a better idea of what is available jobwise.

I hope the rest of your arrangements go well for you.

Regards

Like 0      
21 Sep 2008 8:16 PM by irenemontague Star rating in liverpool/carvajal . 794 posts Send private message

Congratulations and good luck with the job irene

Like 0      
22 Sep 2008 9:15 AM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar
Hi TechNoApe!
It all sounds fantastic!
So glad everything has worked out, you have achieved a lot in a short time!
Regards,

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
22 Sep 2008 11:04 AM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

Well done !!.....enjoy the dream.

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
22 Sep 2008 3:23 PM by eilben Star rating in Chesterfield/Santiag.... 101 posts Send private message

Congratulations. Hope the rest of the move goes as well.

Like 0      
23 Sep 2008 1:06 AM by Cioffi1 Star rating in London & Calahonda . 216 posts Send private message

Cioffi1´s avatar
Congratulations - sounds fantastic & extremely organised! Does it work out more expensive buying a left hand drive here? Great idea though as I would hate to drive a right hand drive through Spain.

Like 0      
23 Sep 2008 9:14 AM by Acapulco Star rating in Costa Blanca South.. 342 posts Send private message

Acapulco´s avatar
Jammy git

But seriously folks, best of luck.

If you're going through hell keep on going, you might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

Like 0      
23 Sep 2008 9:36 AM by Lauryc Star rating in Was South Devon .. n.... 520 posts Send private message

Lauryc´s avatar
Well done you!!

How on earth did you get a Santander ferry in November?  I've been stumped through from October to December.

We'll have to take the Roscoff ferry and drive down through France too. 

Hope you settle quickly and all goes well. 

Laury

Laury

Like 0      
23 Sep 2008 1:36 PM by J&N Star rating in Nottinghamshire. 342 posts Send private message

J&N´s avatar
Conratulations, I hope everything goes well for you and you enjoy your new life as much as we are enjoying ours, although it's not without it's challenges at times.

Jacqui

http://relocatetospain.blogspot.com our adventure from deciding to move to Spain to being here and moving back to the UK.

Like 0      
23 Sep 2008 1:47 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Well done, nice to hear some good news, hope everything goes well for you. Hope your dog will enjoy his new life and he understand's the Spanish dog's Pat

Like 0      
23 Sep 2008 4:15 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar
Thanks to one and all for all your kind thoughts and wishes.

Sharon - No! It is MUCH cheaper to purchase a LHD car in the UK and I seem to remember posting in the Driving in Spain section about the company I purchased our car from. In any case I wll PM you with their details.

Laury - You can book via Brittany Ferries for the crossing from Plymouth to Santander for November and December RIGHT NOW! Be quick as they will fill very, very fast.

This message was last edited by TechNoApe on 9/23/2008.

www.andalucianstyle.com

Like 0      
24 Sep 2008 1:15 PM by decorated LADY Star rating in Los Alcazares. 23 posts Send private message

Well done, I know how you feel, I am getting things sorted to move beginning of November, Things getting picked up 3rd week of October. Having a few hairy moments when i start to panic, then i just look at the kids and see how excited they are with it all and know i am doing the right thing for them.

Decorated LADY

Like 0      
26 Sep 2008 4:29 PM by twinmummy Star rating in Formentera del segur.... 82 posts Send private message

Hi,

Many congrats and good luck, Finding the job is the hard part, enjoying your new life is the easy part, hope everything goes well for you, and dont forget us for anything metal.

best of luck.

twinmummy

Like 0      
26 Sep 2008 4:35 PM by Lauryc Star rating in Was South Devon .. n.... 520 posts Send private message

Lauryc´s avatar
Nope. Still not available to Santander with a dog. We will have to do Roscoff and drive through France as well as Spain.

I hope you enjoy your new place. 

Laury

Laury

Like 0      
26 Sep 2008 4:59 PM by conrad Star rating in Milton Keynes and Dr.... 298 posts Send private message

conrad´s avatar
laury when are you going

Like 0      
27 Sep 2008 12:27 PM by Lauryc Star rating in Was South Devon .. n.... 520 posts Send private message

Lauryc´s avatar
End of October Conrad. 
No time ..  I didn't realise the difference between selling your house and letting it.
Things happen so fast.,

Laury

Laury

Like 0      
29 Sep 2008 4:13 PM by Lauryc Star rating in Was South Devon .. n.... 520 posts Send private message

Lauryc´s avatar
Sorry for the hijack.

I managed to get the tenants to agree a later date and managed the Santander ferry for 9th November. 

Laury

Laury

Like 0      
01 Oct 2008 1:58 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

lol @ Laury

S'Okay bud!

None of us can ever keep a single topic 'on topic' and that's what I love about this forum.

Fantastic news about your ferry crossing, as I said, you just have to keep plugging away!

We are back in the UK as of today, however we will be leaving the UK and moving permanetly on the 30th November, on the same crossing as yours, so maybe we can compare notes. 

www.andalucianstyle.com

Like 0      
01 Oct 2008 2:34 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
You can't have a happy thread without More adding to it, can you ? 

(Hope Tyler will now post more on his blog ... been waiting ages to hear more from him, Techno
 http://www.eyeonspain.com/blogs/Tyler.aspx )

Hope you'll be very happy in your new life.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Purchase of spanish apartment - 1 posts
Hi everybody - 5 posts
Television Licence - 5 posts
Newe member - 3 posts
EASYJET HAVE CANCELLED A FLIGHT! - 33 posts
wealth and income tax - 127 posts
TDT TV guide - 3 posts
Parcela - 7 posts
Digital TV - 0 posts
Hi New member - 2 posts
printed merchandise - 1 posts
Hi Everyone, can anyone help me with Self-Cert mortgage info? - 3 posts
Trampolin Hills, Trampolin Solera, the company and it's Directors - 6 posts
looking for a serious business partner - 0 posts
Mo Anthony - 2 posts
Were you going through Arriba Homes to buy your Santa Ana (San Jose) property? - 0 posts
Enguera - 5 posts
What happen with my money if my Bank goes bust? - 12 posts
Free flight Faro LondonSat 11th October - 0 posts
RED HOT HOMES - 2 posts
Current situation - 22 posts
Hi from Redcar - 5 posts
New rentals website. 6 months free (not an advert Justin) - 10 posts
To walk or not to walk ? - 7 posts
How to cancel renting advert - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 21

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x