EASYJET HAVE CANCELLED A FLIGHT!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
21 Sep 2008 12:00 AM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

Just received an email to say that OH's flight out to Spain in December has been cancelled, annoying as he's only coming out for the weekend.

Don't know what happens, I've had a look at the link and it says we can have a refund or a free transfer.  Thing is he can never get time off from work in December so doubt if he'll be able to swap the day to Friday.

It's never happened before, maybe a sign of the times to come

Like 0      
21 Sep 2008 1:06 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Yes could be we might have to expect this happening, but at least they let you know. We heard of a couple of our neighbours that were using bmi they got to Alicante airport then they were told their flight was cancelled.   We are trying to book at the moment and I notice a few days they are not flying.   But have been looking at Monarch they seem to be quite competitive not a lot of difference in price and better times. So we will see.   Pat

Like 0      
21 Sep 2008 3:40 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

Silly me it was my flight out in November they changed.  When I booked they had two flights going out from Stansted to Alicante but now on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday it's only one at 12.15.

As I travel alone I don't want to be collecting my car and driving in the dark.  It's a pain travelling at 3am in the morning but it suits me.  I'm at the house by midday at the latest and normally having a doze by 3pm

Painless to change over flight, plenty of checks to make sure you're booking the correct flight and no extra to pay - don't often say that now do we 

I've flown out with Monarch but I do prefer Stansted.  It's also easier for me to get home by public transport if I have to.

Hope you get a flight.

I've just been packing the case again to get some more films in, don't want to be bored next week. 

Like 0      
23 Sep 2008 3:26 AM by Forhotspot Star rating. 233 posts Send private message

What is "OH" flight? Are you talking about Easyjet flight as we have not received any email & we have booked a flight for Dec 13 - 16. How can I check if they have cancelled the flight?

Thanks.

Like 0      
23 Sep 2008 6:55 AM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar
Forhotspot

Don't worry!

OH means - other half, Husband.............

You will get used to the EOS (Eye on Spain ) jargon, I understand you worry though.

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
23 Sep 2008 6:57 AM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar
OH can also mean wife of course! 
Sorry Ladies!

Although we are more commonly known as Better Half!!
Sorry Gentlemen!

This message was last edited by FibbyUK on 9/23/2008.

FibbyUK

Check out my website:

Like 0      
23 Sep 2008 8:17 AM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

What is "OH" flight? Are you talking about Easyjet flight as we have not received any email & we have booked a flight for Dec 13 - 16. How can I check if they have cancelled the flight?

Silly me it was my flight out in November they changed.  When I booked they had two flights going out from Stansted to Alicante but now on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday it's only one at 12.15.

Apologise for confusing you Forhotspot.  To check your flights log onto the Easyjet site and under the orange logo at top of the page you will see a Manage bookings prompt, click here and after entering in your password it will display all your bookings.

I was checking my API details a couple of weeks ago and I noticed then that the November flight was at the top of the list in it's own section and when I checked the booking, the flight time had been amended from 6am to 6.40.  No Email message then so perhaps it's best to regularly check your details before you fly.

Like 0      
23 Sep 2008 9:50 AM by Sonia El Star rating in Wales / Carvajal, F.... 212 posts Send private message

Perhaps Easyjet are at last realising they can't make all their flights.  We were pleasantly surprised when we flew back from Malaga last week that our flight was not delayed as seems the norm.  Flight out the previous Saturday had been delayed by 2 hours as have most of our flights in the last few months. 

Of course they took for ever to board so we didn't actually take off as scheduled at 9:35pm but closer to 10:00pm.  Were getting worried as had booked the Easybus service from Gatwick and last bus went at 1:00am.  We'd have been stuck if flight had been delayed.  Told off by OH not to cut it so fine and book earlier flights. 

I don't know about other airports but at one time this summer Easyjet had flights from Gatwick to Malaga within minutes of each other.  We actually went to the wrong desk once, our flight was 5:50 only to be told - sorry this is the 5:40!  Crazy. Think it was due to their taking over GB airways.

Like 0      
23 Sep 2008 2:01 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

I don't like to tempt fate but we are normally OK with our flights, a couple of times we have had people joining the flight from Luton because that flight had been cancelled.  We even had some people from Bristol who were told that they could get a connection to get them back.  What they weren't told was that coaches run throught the night into London but I don't think the same would apply for out of London to Bristol.

Just heard on the news that Ryanair are cancelling a number of flights out of Stanstead from the winter schedule.

Like 0      
23 Sep 2008 5:13 PM by Forhotspot Star rating. 233 posts Send private message

Thanks semijubilada for your reply.   I will check my flight.  Hope they don't cancel it as I got to book the hotel. Any suggestions what I've to do if they cancel it as I don't think I can cancel the hotel without losing my money. I haven't booked the hotel yet.

Like 0      
23 Sep 2008 5:31 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

Your flight is at the weekend where as mine was mid week.  Weekend flights are very popular especially Saturdays and as it's in December I think you'll be safe.

I was allowed to change to another flight free of charge, I could have gone out on the later flight on that day but I decided to change it to a weekend flight instead.  They had two flights to choose from, it was just the weekend flights which had been cancelled.

To be on the safe side you could always book you hotel nearer the time, I had 7 weeks notice of the cancellation.

Like 0      
23 Sep 2008 7:52 PM by alncaz Star rating in Newcastle upon Tyne. 9 posts Send private message

Both my flights with Easyjet, from Newcastle to Murcia on Sat 29 Nov and return on Sat 6 Dec were cancelled at weekend had to change to alternative flights 2 weeks earlier. Also flights booked at end of January were disrupted (not quite sure what this means) but managed to change to middle February. On looking at the Easyjet website it looks like most of the December/January flights have been cancelled on this route.   

Like 0      
24 Sep 2008 9:36 AM by llamacalmer Star rating in Surrey & La Torre. 318 posts Send private message

llamacalmer´s avatar
It's not just Easyjet cancelling flights - our BA flight Gatwick to Alicante on 23rd Dec 3 pm has been cancelled.

R
osemary

Owner of  8 stray Spanish mutts

Like 0      
24 Sep 2008 10:08 AM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar
Crikey, this is getting worrying now!
Who's next?
Have they given you another flight?

FibbyUK

Check out my website:

Like 0      
24 Sep 2008 10:21 AM by llamacalmer Star rating in Surrey & La Torre. 318 posts Send private message

llamacalmer´s avatar
Unfortunately we have been put on their 7 am flight!  Not looking forward to it.

R
osemary

Owner of  8 stray Spanish mutts

Like 0      
24 Sep 2008 10:31 AM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar
I hate those sort of times!

At least you get a free breakfast with BA on that flight! 

FibbyUK

Check out my website:

Like 0      
24 Sep 2008 5:56 PM by irenemontague Star rating in liverpool/carvajal . 794 posts Send private message

Hi can any one who has had a flight cancelled by easyjet tell me if i can not fly at a later day back will i get a full refund back +c/card charges back to? as my flight back in january has been cancelled thank irene

This message was last edited by irenemontague on 9/24/2008.

Like 0      
24 Sep 2008 9:20 PM by saffronbilli Star rating in Dorset and Villamart.... 63 posts Send private message

Easyjet have cancelled our flight from Murcia to Bournemouth on the 16h February. We have been able to change to a different day for no charge or we could have had a full refund.

Like 0      
24 Sep 2008 10:41 PM by irenemontague Star rating in liverpool/carvajal . 794 posts Send private message

hi i only had one of my flights  cancelled comming back so do i get a full refund for both flights if i dont accept the change as it leaves me with only 1 day in spain irene

Like 0      
25 Sep 2008 3:38 AM by Forhotspot Star rating. 233 posts Send private message

It's so worrying that all these flights have been cancelled. I just don't have many days in UK & I got to go to Alicante for those days.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

wealth and income tax - 127 posts
TDT TV guide - 3 posts
Parcela - 7 posts
Digital TV - 0 posts
Hi New member - 2 posts
printed merchandise - 1 posts
Hi Everyone, can anyone help me with Self-Cert mortgage info? - 3 posts
Trampolin Hills, Trampolin Solera, the company and it's Directors - 6 posts
looking for a serious business partner - 0 posts
Mo Anthony - 2 posts
Were you going through Arriba Homes to buy your Santa Ana (San Jose) property? - 0 posts
Enguera - 5 posts
What happen with my money if my Bank goes bust? - 12 posts
Free flight Faro LondonSat 11th October - 0 posts
RED HOT HOMES - 2 posts
Current situation - 22 posts
Hi from Redcar - 5 posts
New rentals website. 6 months free (not an advert Justin) - 10 posts
To walk or not to walk ? - 7 posts
How to cancel renting advert - 1 posts
Apartment not built to original specification - legal view - 6 posts
Jet2.: Valencia to Leeds Bradford Summer 2009 - 4 posts
Help setting up property management co - 4 posts
The boy in the striped pyjamas - 11 posts
Volvo Ocean Race in Alicante - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 34

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x