Mo Anthony

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
19 Sep 2008 12:00 AM by anthomo16 Star rating. 104 posts Send private message

Hi All,

I have an apartment just outside Puerto Banus right opposite Aloha Golf Club and I love it, I have to rent it out to help meet costs but hate doing this as I like to go down there so much myself. Had a nasty experience a couple of week ago tho,I must say that it could happen anywhere, but... whilst shopping in La Canada my handbag which was in my shopping trolley, was stolen, I didn,t see it go, ofcourse being me I had everything but the kitchen sink in it - all cards, Health card plus driving licence, credit and debit cards, money, glasses , the key to my apartment, you name it it was in there. Luckily for me I have a smashing Spanish friend who came galloping to the rescue, I am trying to learn Spanish but not enough to cope with police reports and changing of locks etc. I must admit it has really spurred me on to learn the language. Puerto Banus makes me laugh it is just like Blackpool but without the candyfloss, if you like people watching ( I do) then you couldn't wish for a better place. The beaches are fantastic and with Marbella old town just a stones throw away, what more could one want, I don't care if it is winter or summer I love it.

I have just retired (which I hate) it makes me feel so old, yet I am not past dancing on tables. I am now going to spend much more time at the apartment and will want to look for ways to amuse myself - so what is happening out there - I am not past working or joining groups - so let me know what,s going on.

Many thanks

Like 0      
20 Sep 2008 11:43 AM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

Don't know the area as I have a place on Costa Blanca.  In our area there's a pensioners social club why not ask your Spanish friend if they have one in your area.  I think Spanish people retire early so they might be of an age where you can fit it ok.  A good opportunity to brush up on your Spanish and vice a versa.

I'd also look in the local papers to see if there are any English clubs you can join, my neighbours did this but as they didn't find one which suited them they set up their own and now have a waiting list of people who want to join.

Like 0      
20 Sep 2008 1:58 PM by anthomo16 Star rating. 104 posts Send private message

Thanks Semijubilada, will really look into this now that am spending more time down there.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Were you going through Arriba Homes to buy your Santa Ana (San Jose) property? - 0 posts
Enguera - 5 posts
What happen with my money if my Bank goes bust? - 12 posts
Free flight Faro LondonSat 11th October - 0 posts
RED HOT HOMES - 2 posts
Current situation - 22 posts
Hi from Redcar - 5 posts
New rentals website. 6 months free (not an advert Justin) - 10 posts
To walk or not to walk ? - 7 posts
How to cancel renting advert - 1 posts
Apartment not built to original specification - legal view - 6 posts
Jet2.: Valencia to Leeds Bradford Summer 2009 - 4 posts
Help setting up property management co - 4 posts
The boy in the striped pyjamas - 11 posts
Volvo Ocean Race in Alicante - 0 posts
Playa Golf 3 Deeds - 2 posts
Another new user - 14 posts
Restaurants in Moraira on Costa Blanca - 1 posts
Freeview vs Freesat vs Freesatfromsky vs Sky and how to spot a rebroadcaster - 17 posts
minibus - 0 posts
Implications of Not Completing - 39 posts
7 Seater people carrier -Ford Galaxy 2002-1.9TDCI - 6 SPEED - OFFERS??? : - 4 posts
On-site facilities at San Cayetano - 3 posts
8 pay day's till we move out there - 8 posts
Official numbers of the National Office for Rentals - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x