GLORY GLORY HALLELUJAH

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
11 Sep 2008 12:00 AM by leema Star rating in Washington Tyne & We.... 655 posts Send private message

Here is a snippet from our local newspaper the Newcastle Chronicle.

Toon star to buy his own Disneyland?

Theme park plan? ... Michael Owen.
Click on thumbnail to view image

NEWCASTLE United striker Michael Owen plans to build a £12m wonderland theme park on the Costa del Sol in the grounds of his new luxury retreat, acording to reports.
The former Liverpool and Real Madrid attacker, who was not selected by England manager Fabio Capello for the Andorra and Croatia games, has reportedly taken delivery of plans for the park from a Walt Disney Corporation insider.

The huge estate in the sunshine resort was initially earmarked for Euro Disney before the project was moved to Paris and is sited just five minutes drive from Spain's biggest international horse-riding stables - after football, horses are other Owen's other main love.

It is believed Owen could pocket the resort for between £6m and £12, reports the Daily Express.

Last year the 28-year-old opened his multi-million police horse-racing establishment in Cheshire.

Owen said: "You hear stories about retired footballers turning to drink or getting depressed. Well I don't want to end up being a miserable so-and-so."

The full article contains 176 words and appears in Shields Gazette newspaper.
Page 1 of 1

• Last Updated: 11 September 2008 10:22 AM
  • Source: Shields Gazette

Comment on this Story

In order to post comments you must Register or Sign In

Maureen & Dennis

Coto Real

Like 0      
11 Sep 2008 2:37 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar
Well, if this is true, then it's good news for we owners!

Having said that, the original site was due to be where Selwo adventure park now resides.

However, there has been talk on and off for over two years now, that some sort of Disney Camp/Resort was to be situated in or around Manilva. It was reputed to take 4 or 5 years to complete the project, which would mean 2010 at the earliest.

If this does come off, then properties in the area will start to sell again, and for anyone who owns and is thinking of selling now ..... hmm!

Food for thought!

This message was last edited by TechNoApe on 9/11/2008.

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
11 Sep 2008 2:55 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
Techno, it's been a lot longer than two years that the rumour as been circulating!  Over five years that I'm aware of and I think it had been going around before then!!

It would be a fantastic thing if it happened - but we'll have to wait and see, I suppose!

Maureen, we can hit the roller-coasters when it opens!!

Like 0      
11 Sep 2008 3:10 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

You're probably right Pitby!

I was referring to the articles that started to circulate in the papers here in the UK around end of April and during May 2006.

That was the 1st I heard of it 'possibly' being a reality.

Cor! It would be great!

Just to have a REAL Euro Disney. 

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
11 Sep 2008 3:20 PM by leema Star rating in Washington Tyne & We.... 655 posts Send private message

If we are nice, maybe Micheal will let us into his back garden!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maureen & Dennis

Coto Real

Like 0      
14 Nov 2008 11:27 AM by Duquesa Rover Star rating in West Sussex / Costa .... 21 posts Send private message

This rumour has often been classed as an estate agents stunt but keeps resurfacing. During a recession there are always vultures who swoop giving credence to a recent story that Disney were buying up cheap land again in the Manilva area due to the property crash.

There is a lot more infrastructure now though than when the original, which of course ended up in Paris, was mooted. I for one have everything crossed!

Like 0      
14 Nov 2008 8:19 PM by esteban19120 Star rating. 182 posts Send private message

esteban19120´s avatar

these rummors were around when i first started selling property inland near coin and that was 2002

maybe owen can do something to improve the horse racing.

Like 0      
14 Nov 2008 8:27 PM by Duquesa Rover Star rating in West Sussex / Costa .... 21 posts Send private message

Were they saying that the theme park would be sited near Coin, or you mean the rumour has been around since 2002? Come on Walt, you know it makes sense!

Like 0      
14 Nov 2008 8:40 PM by esteban19120 Star rating. 182 posts Send private message

esteban19120´s avatar

both the rummor was near coin and that started back in 2002, but why would they want another euro disney, we have tivoli world yi py

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

BuddhaBeachBanus ? - 0 posts
Traffic Office Malaga - 1 posts
SERIOUSLY THOUGH! - what are the Spanish banks to do? - 158 posts
administrator wanted - 5 posts
Ryanair EDI-AGP false start - 0 posts
Congratulations on the treinta mil ( thirty thousand): 30.000 - 11 posts
Banks and Non Residency certificate - 2 posts
Who pays Community Fees - Landlord or Tenant? - 6 posts
I never had any doubts as to winning the World Cup !!! - 1 posts
barryg - 3 posts
Allison - blackmailed by my builder - is it legal - 10 posts
Jet2 Manchester to Murcia - 1 posts
Must Have Been Asleep For Longer than I Thought - 10 posts
rental - 2 posts
Is this TRUE ??? - 11 posts
Sofa bed. Campomar/Cabo Roig - 0 posts
Landlord: Keys to Successful Rental Income - 7 posts
Terreze de torreblanca - 4 posts
At the end of the day . . . . - 2 posts
A new Breed of Greed - 0 posts
New riding school just for children - 1 posts
1 hour drive from Alicante? - 38 posts
bmibaby - 5 posts
Wanted - Chest of Drawers, Garrucha Area - 0 posts
Come back More. We miss you. You are part of the team - 26 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x