Who pays Community Fees - Landlord or Tenant?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
11 Sep 2008 12:00 AM by galwaybay Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

I am about to rent for the first time through an agency. I am not sure what the norm is regarding the payment of community fees. Does the landlord or tenant normally pay this fee?

Like 0      
11 Sep 2008 6:55 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar
Landlord pays these fees... he is the owner.

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
11 Sep 2008 11:37 AM by llamacalmer Star rating in Surrey & La Torre. 318 posts Send private message

llamacalmer´s avatar
When we recently rented our house out for the first time on a long term contract, our solicitor gave us a choice - either us or the tenant could be responsible for the community fees.

R
osemary

Owner of  8 stray Spanish mutts

Like 0      
11 Sep 2008 12:04 PM by samson Star rating in Solihull/Benalmadena. 125 posts Send private message

Really depends what it says in the contract. It should be a question to ask when you are given the monthly cost of the rent. I have just rented a place for my parents and 9 times out of 10 the community fees are included,but like i say always best to ask the question before you sign anything then you willnot receive any nasty surprises.

Like 0      
10 Oct 2008 11:38 AM by kida Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

Hi all.

In regard to community fees, it is the owners responsibility to pay these fees NOT the tenant.  Sometimes the owner can ask the solicitors to add it into the contract, watch out for this.  This is not strictly legal!  Part of the owners contract to buy will have the clause about THEM making the payment for the upkeep of communal areas.  The tenants can be asked to pay the Zuma (council tax) though.  Most rental agencies do not include any of these fees so be careful who you rent with. 
I have lived in Spain for 3 years and have rented many times,  I must admit that managing a rental company myself has made the understanding a lot easier!  The biggest thing to remember in Spain is that things do not work the same way here as in the UK so ask as many questions as you can and do not be fobbed off!  If you have any questions i would be pleased to try and answer them.

Like 0      
10 Oct 2008 12:37 PM by Sanchez1 Star rating. 853 posts Send private message

Hi,

In Spain, it is the norm for the landlord that pays these fees.  My wife is Spanish and when she has rented previously, she hasn't paid community fees.

Cheers

David

Read my blog: Spain Money Saving Tips and Offers 

Use TransferWise to send money abroad. A lot cheaper than the bank and other online currency exchanges!.

Like 0      
10 Oct 2008 12:40 PM by inspectahomespain Star rating in Orihuela Costa, Spai.... 2417 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

Normally the landlord and the rental fee accounts for the payment of the community fees

Our rental also inclues an amoubnt for SUMA, the council tax but in Spain this is so low anyway it would only be around €10 per month

We only charge extra for the utilities and hold a deposit agianst those bills

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

I never had any doubts as to winning the World Cup !!! - 1 posts
barryg - 3 posts
Allison - blackmailed by my builder - is it legal - 10 posts
Jet2 Manchester to Murcia - 1 posts
Must Have Been Asleep For Longer than I Thought - 10 posts
rental - 2 posts
Is this TRUE ??? - 11 posts
Sofa bed. Campomar/Cabo Roig - 0 posts
Landlord: Keys to Successful Rental Income - 7 posts
Terreze de torreblanca - 4 posts
At the end of the day . . . . - 2 posts
A new Breed of Greed - 0 posts
New riding school just for children - 1 posts
1 hour drive from Alicante? - 38 posts
bmibaby - 5 posts
Wanted - Chest of Drawers, Garrucha Area - 0 posts
Come back More. We miss you. You are part of the team - 26 posts
DREAM HOME INTERIORS - 8 posts
why can't i receive private messages? - 2 posts
Setting up an Ultrasound Business in Spain - 1 posts
Tiger Mosquito arrives in the Costa Brava - 10 posts
Archery equipment - 0 posts
INTERNET CONNECTION - 4 posts
What a good decision!! - 43 posts
When did Ryan stop their Priority Boarding with online checkin - 7 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x