Must Have Been Asleep For Longer than I Thought

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
10 Sep 2008 12:00 AM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar
So, I open the paper this morning and read that we might all be dead by now due to some experiment in Switzerland to create a black hole.
Gloom, doom and yet more doom.  Even the letters page appears to be full of people predicting calamity in one way or another.
Ah, well, let's have a look at the financial pages.
Oh, no!  More doom and gloom.  Doesn't the boss of Nationwide realise that saying "house prices will fall another 25%" makes it a self fulfilling prophecy?  Nobody is going to buy now and risk losing 25%.  They're going to wait until it falls that much and then (maybe) buy.
Ho, hum, off to the gloomy exchange rates page of the Telegraph.  What's this?  Tourist rate of the euro is 1.3790?  My God!  Have I been in hibernation and woken up when the world has come to its senses and the pound has risen over 15 cents?  Woweeeeee,  Great News!!  Tourist rate 1.3790.  It must be true, it's on page B5 of the Telegraph.  Maybe start thinking of paying off some of my mortgage in Spain. 
Uh, oh!  Next column.  Official rate.....1.2480.  How can that be?  How dare the Telegraph start off my day with a printing error???? 
Ah, for just a moment there....back to reality, I'm afraid.  Still, current is 1.25 to the pound so going up a little, I suppose, either that or phone up the business editor of the Telegraph and demand he give me 1.3790 for each of my scrubby little pounds. 

Like 0      
10 Sep 2008 6:19 PM by dr who Star rating. 37 posts Send private message

Sorry to gloom and doom it anymore but..................................................................England play tonight .

Like 0      
10 Sep 2008 6:20 PM by dr who Star rating. 37 posts Send private message

Well actually , TRY  to play tonight !!!!

Like 0      
10 Sep 2008 6:46 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar
But nobody will be watching because it's only on some new bloody subscription channel that I'm b*ggered if I'm going to pay for, when I already pay (how much?) for SKY sports, just to watch the footie. Thank God the F1 is on free to view TV - albeit on a commercial channel that interupts a LIVE event every 15 minutes, meaning that you miss the reigning world champion crashing and the future world champion being diddled out of his points by corrupt stewards.
Oh Bob, you've really started us off with this thread.....

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
10 Sep 2008 7:19 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar
We're all dooooomed, I tell ya.....dooooomed.
Going back to that Large hedron Collider (or whatever it is), wouldn't it be great if, after it had all finished and lights flashing everywhere, a little piece of paper popped out the end and said simply
"42".

Like 0      
10 Sep 2008 7:55 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar
But nobody will be watching because it's only on some new bloody subscription channel that I'm b*ggered if I'm going to pay for, when I already pay (how much?) for SKY sports, just to watch the footie. 

Hooray, normality reigns on the telly tonight. Get a bid fed up with programmes being continually re- arranged around an inflated pis bladder.

Thank God the F1 is on free to view TV - albeit on a commercial channel that interupts a LIVE event every 15 minutes, meaning that you miss the reigning world champion crashing and the future world champion being diddled out of his points by corrupt stewards.

But back on Auntie Beeb next year (HD at last!!), that is if anyone is still watching after Bernie's latest stunt to help his "little darlings".

Mark

Like 0      
11 Sep 2008 1:06 PM by dr who Star rating. 37 posts Send private message

Oooops , i've just wiped the egg off my face . Fortunately (or unfortunately as the case may be ) , i have Setanta and watched a bit of it. I still believe it was a case of Croatia playing poorly rather than England playing well. But the media will no doubt have us winning the next world cup , the next euro comp in 2012 , winning the grand national , eurovision and all sorts. More chance of me getting a date with Shakira.

Like 0      
11 Sep 2008 2:55 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar
Well I haven't been asleep .... erm .... ang on ..... ..... OW!

Nope! I'm awake for sure!

Now it seems Costa Disney is a reality ..... or is it that I've slipped into and alternate universe created when they switched on the Hadron Collider.

Or maybe I've been sucked through a wormhole caused by a rip in the space-time continuum, or a Black Hole has swallowed up the world and I'm a figment of my own imagination. You all have always been .... friends .... I can't have friends!

Nope! It seems that Costa Disney MAY be a reality after all! 

www.eyeonspain.com/Secure/ForumPosts.aspx

This message was last edited by TechNoApe on 9/11/2008.

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
13 Sep 2008 10:40 AM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar
Got a Ferrari?  Not quite good enough at driving? Are other boys faster than you in the wet? Then you need: 

Ferrari International Assistance (FIA) 

This exclusive Ferrari only membership club has many benefits. Including:

Anti overtaking assurance-  Been overtaken? Feel a bit silly? Don’t worry, we’ll rule out the other party, even if it’s embarrassingly obvious that they’re faster than you. 

Exclusive access to a secret ‘second lane’ in the pits -  Just to make things a little bit easier we’ve arranged a private second lane, just for you .

Guaranteed world championship? Had a crash? Need to win the world championship? 

Don’t worry just limp across the track and take off your nearest championship title contender – we’ll do the rest 

A bit strapped? Need extra cash? 

Simply get one of your team to tell someone else how you make your cars. 

Bits falling off your car? Looking a bit dangerous? 

At Ferrari International Assistance we operate a ‘blind eye’ policy just for Ferrari drivers.

Been a bit silly? Taken off another driver whilst following the safety car? 

It’s ok, as long as you didn’t hurt yourself. I mean, who are Force India anyway

Like 0      
23 Sep 2008 5:10 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar
Just to continue in the line of keeping this thread off topic

So, the FIA have rejected McClaren's appeal on the grounds there was no penalty to appeal. Because Lewis was given the equivalent of a drive through penalty, these cannot be appealed and therefore "CASE CLOSED".

Like 0      
23 Sep 2008 7:45 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar
And Reading's goal against Watford still stands, even though everyone except the referee and his linesman saw the ball go wide, and not into the goal. Unfortunately I missed it, so thought I'd catch it on YouTube. Guess what? 
"This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by The Football League Limited"
Ha!  

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

rental - 2 posts
Is this TRUE ??? - 11 posts
Sofa bed. Campomar/Cabo Roig - 0 posts
Landlord: Keys to Successful Rental Income - 7 posts
Terreze de torreblanca - 4 posts
At the end of the day . . . . - 2 posts
A new Breed of Greed - 0 posts
New riding school just for children - 1 posts
1 hour drive from Alicante? - 38 posts
bmibaby - 5 posts
Wanted - Chest of Drawers, Garrucha Area - 0 posts
Come back More. We miss you. You are part of the team - 26 posts
DREAM HOME INTERIORS - 8 posts
why can't i receive private messages? - 2 posts
Setting up an Ultrasound Business in Spain - 1 posts
Tiger Mosquito arrives in the Costa Brava - 10 posts
Archery equipment - 0 posts
INTERNET CONNECTION - 4 posts
What a good decision!! - 43 posts
When did Ryan stop their Priority Boarding with online checkin - 7 posts
Directions from Jerez airport to Manilva-hopefully avoiding the coast road!!!! - 14 posts
30k members, we're almost there! - 6 posts
Looking to move to Spain - help !! - 10 posts
Education In Javea - 1 posts
CALANOVA GOLF - 13 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 11

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x