flying pets with iberia

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
06 Sep 2008 12:00 AM by emma01 Star rating. 9 posts Send private message

Hi eveyone,

we are planning to fly with iberia as we have 2 cats with us and we are able to take them from heathrow to alicante via barcelona in the cabin with us as hand luggage!!!!!
Has anyone else travelled this way with there pets? or can anyone advise on another cheap way to travel with animals. with iberia they only cost 50e each!!

emma.

Like 0      
06 Sep 2008 3:41 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar
Hi Emma,
I have never flown with our cats, but have often seen people in Alicante airport with cats and small dogs in little carriers!
They use a nylon type of "bag" with a mesh end for the animal to see out of, obviously a solid bottom........the bag that is, not the pet!
I assumed they were internal Spanish flights, because of the Pet Passport rules.
But if you can do that from the UK, I would rather have my pet on my lap to reassure it, than worry about it in the hold.
I think it's a great idea!
Hope you get on ok,
regards,

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
06 Sep 2008 4:00 PM by emma01 Star rating. 9 posts Send private message

ive spoken to iberia twice and both times they have said there would be no problems at heathrow airport altouugh im still slightly nervous about this!!! you can take them out of the uk this way but have to put them in hold if your flying back!!!

Like 0      
06 Sep 2008 4:12 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar
Flying back to the Uk would be different. 
Because of our strict quarantine laws, pets would travel in the hold to go straight to the vet centre.here, their paperwork would be checked and if all is ok, you then collect our pet.
Flying out of the UK, the country you fly to, knows that your pet has it's UK pet passport and as such, they would not  require the checks like the UK
That's my way of thinking anyway!

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
06 Sep 2008 5:25 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

Well I think that's a very cheap way of travelling with pets.  Even if you were to take them in the car through the Chunnel it would cost more.

I think I'd get complaints if I took my Moggie with me as after 16 years of silence she's started to yowel.  The first time we heard it we thought she was in pain but we found her in sitting in the hallway in perfect health. 

Like 0      
06 Sep 2008 5:48 PM by emma01 Star rating. 9 posts Send private message

one of mine is 2 1/2 and he just curls up all nervous in the corner.The other who will be 4mths when we travell is a dirrerent story and crys like a baby when in his cat box lets just hope he settles down!!!

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

chrissy - 0 posts
Costs involved in Selling - 5 posts
New El Pirata in Albatera - 0 posts
Bank Guarantees, a new source of woe for off plan buyers - 1 posts
New Scooters 50 - 125 - 150 cc - 21 posts
Please I need some advice! - 5 posts
Two jobs in Spain? Is this possible - 1 posts
IBI Local taxes - 75 posts
Mirador Villa Phase 2 Fuente De Piedra - 2 posts
urgent - cycle hire - 0 posts
Living in Malaga - 0 posts
viva estates - 8 posts
Moving with a dog - 3 posts
Bank transfer to Holland - 2 posts
How to handle the Guardia Civil...(not) - 1 posts
LONG TERM RENTAL REQUIRED - 0 posts
Broadband around cabo roig. - 10 posts
Good evening to everyone! - 6 posts
Tesco Clubcard Vouchers - 1 posts
New Restaurant La Reserva! - 1 posts
Mystery - 0 posts
UP-DATE ABOUT (M11) - 2 posts
Este Bueno! - 2 posts
Any Salsa classes in Los Alcazares, San Javier or anywhere close by? - 3 posts
mortgage transfer - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x