Good evening to everyone!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
04 Sep 2008 12:00 AM by LA_REGIA_GRILLS Star rating in cabo roig, orihuela .... 12 posts Send private message

Just a few words to say hi, i'm new in here, don't ask how i got here but seems interesting. I sent a message earlier on without knowing how to introduce myself. I'm Gabi. I live in Cabo Roig, i'm 28 and spanish. If i can help you with anything around this area or somewhere else, i'll be pleased to do it.

Like 0      
04 Sep 2008 9:32 PM by stainsby Star rating in Spain. 14 posts Send private message

Hi gabi,
Maybe you can help me with a few queries ive got, My husband and I are wanting to move to the Andalucia region of Spain in the compo region and ideally on the outskirts of a village, we want to be in a mountan region. Im being told the EAST side of the Costa Del Sol region is like this, and then other people are telling me to go to the Almeria  region. I dont want anything like the Cadiz desert looking area.

We are trying to learn the language and have two years to do it, we will both be looking for work. Would you say the coast on the Costa Del Sol is going to be better than Almeria region for finding work?

As long as we live in the comp region we dont mind travelling to find work, (we are both in Sales and Recruitment)  We would do any work just to bring money in. ( we will be bringing enough money for about 3 years not working, but dont want to not work for that long I would get bored)

If you are prepared to do anything do you think realistically that someone could find work within 6 months to a year??????   PS I am already talking to recruitment company that is interested in me (fingers crossed)

I would be grateful for any help or advice you can give me

Thanks
Mandy    

Like 0      
05 Sep 2008 6:08 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar
What about Grazalema? 

Look at the photo gallery on the right side.

I am going there this weekend.

Maria

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
05 Sep 2008 8:09 AM by LA_REGIA_GRILLS Star rating in cabo roig, orihuela .... 12 posts Send private message

Hi stainsby:
 First of all, if you dont like the look of Cádiz, Almería could be more than a desert. I mean, in Almería, unless you are seaside or mountain, it's even worse than cadiz. Somewhere looking nice, the Sierra de Cazorla views. Green, trees, and you can still drink water of the river. It's only an example. Have a look and let me know. I've always heard that south of Spain is always worse for work than north, if you want me to be totaly honest, up north. Around Zaragoza, maybe even Cuenca. If you can afford it, best option will be spending some time in different places and looking at the situation in there. Good luck!

Like 0      
05 Sep 2008 8:20 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar
There is no desert looking area in Cadiz.... as far as I am aware....what do you refer to Stainsby? You may mean Almeria. Don´t  you?

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
05 Sep 2008 9:30 AM by LA_REGIA_GRILLS Star rating in cabo roig, orihuela .... 12 posts Send private message

It's quite desertic as well. Not as much as Almería but... I've been a lot around La Línea de la Concepción, San Roque and Puente Mallorga, very close to Gibraltar. Try to find in satellite maps, places like Rio Lobos or Navacerrada. La Pedriza, Hoces del Duratón...

Like 0      
07 Sep 2008 6:10 PM by stainsby Star rating in Spain. 14 posts Send private message

Thanks very much everyone for that advice, I'll start researching the area's. Maria we will be seeking a lawyer when we purchase our property in the future, do we contact you via this site?

Thanks
Mandy

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Tesco Clubcard Vouchers - 1 posts
New Restaurant La Reserva! - 1 posts
Mystery - 0 posts
UP-DATE ABOUT (M11) - 2 posts
Este Bueno! - 2 posts
Any Salsa classes in Los Alcazares, San Javier or anywhere close by? - 3 posts
mortgage transfer - 1 posts
MORE WOE BROUGHT ON BY CREDIT SQUEEZE - 27 posts
house exchange - 1 posts
UK based Notary - 7 posts
What's the legal age for marriage in Spain? - 5 posts
DECREE 218/2005 (only applicable to Andalucía) - 15 posts
Bank Repossessions in Spain explained - 27 posts
Bank Guarantees explained - 41 posts
First Occupancy Licence - 12 posts
FOR SALE:Ford Galaxy -2002 -1.9Tdi - 7 Seater -Superb Condition - €9,950ono - Mijas Costa-Tel:0034 610872869 - 0 posts
Is anybody there - 9 posts
Vocational Skills Training... - 1 posts
One Year On - 1 posts
Mums and tots, Dads and tots, Friendship in Spain, lonely in Spain. - 5 posts
Mums and tots, Dads and tots, Friendship in Spain, lonely in Spain. - 25 posts
Mums and tots, Dads and tots, Friendship in Spain, lonely in Spain. - 0 posts
Repossession - 37 posts
Renewed attacks in La Linea - 2 posts
Hot Property! IT professional moving to Spain. Limited offer - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x