Tesco Clubcard Vouchers

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
04 Sep 2008 12:00 AM by PGM Star rating in Cheshire & LOS NARAN.... 862 posts Send private message

PGM´s avatar

Hi All

Now if like us you do any of you’re shopping at Tesco and have a Clubcard you will no doubt from time to time receive the Clubcard Vouchers.

You will also probably be aware that if you exchange the Vouchers for Clubcard Deals on the Internet instead of spending them at face value in store you receive 4 X the value, so a £2.50 vouched becomes a £10 Deal Voucher.

We have been spending our vouchers this way for a very long time usually exchanging them for restaurant vouchers but their are lots of options.

This brings me to the point, one of the options available is to exchange them for Eurotunnel Travel so if you are intending to drive to your apartment and intend to use Eurotunnel then save 75% by using your Tesco vouchers.

I looked at the Eurotunnel web site worked out how much it would cost for me and my car to travel on the dates I was intending to go and return, which in my case was £110, I then booked this amount of Eurotunnel vouchers on the Tesco Web Site costing me £27.50 in Tesco Vouchers, them when the vouchers arrive two days later I phoned the special booking line, asked to book the return trip, they made the booking, gave me the booking reference and then asked me to send them the vouchers by Special delivery costing me an additional £4.60.

So all in all return trip on Eurotunnel booked at a total cost of £32.10

Considering we shop at Tescos anyway so the original vouchers don’t cost us anything, the only actual cost for me is the £4.60 Special Delivery charge.

Anyway just thought I would just raise awareness of this option and I think you can do similar for the ferries.

Regards

Phil

Like 0      
04 Sep 2008 5:04 PM by conrad Star rating in Milton Keynes and Dr.... 298 posts Send private message

conrad´s avatar

Phil,

We do this every time for our drive down to the house at DH2 and we do enough shopping at Tesco's to pay for 2 return  trips a year on eurotunnel.

One thing to look out for though is as soon as you have enough for your planned trip get the vouchers straight away as eurotunnel only have a certain amount of spaces for tesco clubcard bookings.

we always have enough for the booking to cost only the special delivery charge to send the vouchers to eurotunnel.

they do do it for the ferries but only harwich to hook of holland

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

New Restaurant La Reserva! - 1 posts
Mystery - 0 posts
UP-DATE ABOUT (M11) - 2 posts
Este Bueno! - 2 posts
Any Salsa classes in Los Alcazares, San Javier or anywhere close by? - 3 posts
mortgage transfer - 1 posts
MORE WOE BROUGHT ON BY CREDIT SQUEEZE - 27 posts
house exchange - 1 posts
UK based Notary - 7 posts
What's the legal age for marriage in Spain? - 5 posts
DECREE 218/2005 (only applicable to Andalucía) - 15 posts
Bank Repossessions in Spain explained - 27 posts
Bank Guarantees explained - 41 posts
First Occupancy Licence - 12 posts
FOR SALE:Ford Galaxy -2002 -1.9Tdi - 7 Seater -Superb Condition - €9,950ono - Mijas Costa-Tel:0034 610872869 - 0 posts
Is anybody there - 9 posts
Vocational Skills Training... - 1 posts
One Year On - 1 posts
Mums and tots, Dads and tots, Friendship in Spain, lonely in Spain. - 5 posts
Mums and tots, Dads and tots, Friendship in Spain, lonely in Spain. - 25 posts
Mums and tots, Dads and tots, Friendship in Spain, lonely in Spain. - 0 posts
Repossession - 37 posts
Renewed attacks in La Linea - 2 posts
Hot Property! IT professional moving to Spain. Limited offer - 0 posts
Hello from Portugal - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 2

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x