ONE YEAR DOWN THE LINE

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
25 Aug 2008 12:00 AM by Cioffi1 Star rating in London & Calahonda . 216 posts Send private message

Cioffi1´s avatar
I can't find my original thread, but I have now been a non smoker for a year! When I first stopped I could count it to the day but I know I stopped about a week before last August Bank Holiday as I felt so unwell and sick of smoking. Following four days in hospital wheezing and taking steroids, I've never looked back really.
I almost had a blip when my Father became ill and passed away in March of this year, but as I put the cigarette to my mouth I thought "why am I doing this, it won't change anything" and stubbed it out.
I still miss one after a meal with a coffee or when I have a G&T but not enough to start again.  

Like 0      
25 Aug 2008 2:11 PM by johnspc Star rating in Salford. 83 posts Send private message

johnspc´s avatar
Well done, I know how hard it is

Like 0      
25 Aug 2008 3:24 PM by abbbb1 Star rating in Essex and Ciudad Que.... 306 posts Send private message

abbbb1´s avatar
Many congrats

My OH has cut down from 30 to 8 - and is working on going the "whole hog". 

At least now life isn't planned around his "ciggy breaks"  - Also, the chandelier and myself are eternally grateful!!

Home
is where the heart is!

Like 0      
25 Aug 2008 3:49 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar
Well done you!!!!!,i wish i had the will power to do it.....heres to another year of endless cravings

Like 0      
25 Aug 2008 3:57 PM by sandra Star rating in . 812 posts Send private message

sandra´s avatar

That's just Brilliant Cioffi1 !
It's probably one of the most difficult things people will ever do in their lives and is a real test of your willpower. The benefits however are enormous .

There will be times (not always stressful) when you feel you could absolutely murder a cigarette, but the feeling soon passes. 

Even after being stopped for about six years (I cannot remember the exact number) there is the odd time when I fancy a cigarette.  

Congratulations! Very Well Done!!

Like 0      
25 Aug 2008 7:59 PM by Irene&Alan Star rating in Formentera del Segur.... 701 posts Send private message

Irene&Alan´s avatar
Congratulations Cioffi. I am that as sure you've come this far you can be classed as a non-smoker!

I gave up more than 30 years ago and am so glad I did!

Irene

Like 0      
25 Aug 2008 8:50 PM by DoubleJ Star rating in Las Alpujarras and L.... 143 posts Send private message

DoubleJ´s avatar
Well Done Cioffi.

It's now seven years, one month, 13 days......... etc since I stopped.  I used to smoke roll-ups, and it was the ritual of rolling them I missed more than the smoking.

Remember, you don't live any longer when you stop smoking....... it just feels that way !!

Keep it up

Like 0      
26 Aug 2008 12:48 AM by Cioffi1 Star rating in London & Calahonda . 216 posts Send private message

Cioffi1´s avatar
Thanks for the encouragement! You're right JJ I think it's the something to do with your hands that you miss - my ironing pile doesn't exist anymore!!
As for having an improved sense of smell and food tasting better, I haven't noticed any difference at all. I haven't noticed being wealthier either and I should be as I used to buy 40 a day! - but every time I buy a flight to Spain I tell my husband it's only the money I would have previously smoked!

Like 0      
26 Aug 2008 3:06 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar
WELL DONE you! Thats great and a great testimonial to willpower!

Unfortunately, I have too much wont power! No - I WONT do the ironing!!! 

Have a great day everyone - its tooooooooooooooooo hot here - off to the pool now - again

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

clause to be included for Spanish wills (for british) - 0 posts
Buying & Registering a Spanish car in Spain - 14 posts
Telephone & internet connections - 1 posts
Best Places to Live - 0 posts
Gardens of Manilva - 15 posts
Work in spain?? =S - 4 posts
Nearly There ! - 10 posts
Find spaish friends !! - 0 posts
HOWABOUT LOOKING A SEEING HOW YOUR NEIGHBOURS LIVE - 4 posts
Manilva Beach Phase 3 - 0 posts
state school in san miguel - 0 posts
new owners - 6 posts
Thanks to EOS and all its participatants - 8 posts
las brisas corralejo fuertaventura - 0 posts
New driving law in Spain, whatever next ! - 43 posts
Benefits of buying in cash ? - 3 posts
long term rental - 1 posts
Anyone else going rusty? - 65 posts
Furniture Packs - 0 posts
Does anyone know Charlie Chalk. - 1 posts
ART FOR children - 0 posts
Mobile phones - 5 posts
incorporation of SL - 5 posts
Swapping contract for properties - 0 posts
bar varal - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x