We want your happy stories ONLY

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | ... | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
04 Mar 2007 12:05 AM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

This message was last edited by JeansSis on 5/17/2007.

Like 0      
04 Mar 2007 12:10 AM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

We know you are hooked JeanSis, hook line and sinker, but we have you reeled in now, you cn't get away!

Just said night night on a new thread, "night night thread", so now you are are here, I may stay up a bit!

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
04 Mar 2007 12:34 AM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      
11 Mar 2007 12:08 AM by scrufty Star rating. 157 posts Send private message

scrufty´s avatar
My dad has now managed to draft up a habitation licence, not sure how legal it is but hey it's Spain after all !!!!!!

Like 0      
20 Mar 2007 4:49 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

El Rincon buyers!

I have taken new photos of your development today, look in the shared pictures thread for El Rincon.............

Sorry I could not take pictures of the inside, but the whole site is secure now for those already in occupation.

Hope you enjoy them.

Kind regards,

FibbyUK

Check out my website:

Like 0      
21 Mar 2007 1:19 AM by scrufty Star rating. 157 posts Send private message

scrufty´s avatar

Got a new car for the wife today, not a bad swap !!!

Like 0      
22 Mar 2007 10:47 AM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      
22 Mar 2007 10:58 AM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

I am sooo happy today!

Just e-mailed with friends in Kingswood, Surrey and its snowing hard and freezing there!

Oh dear, just off to have tea on my terrace, phew, so hot here I'm, sweating he he he!

FibbyUK

Check out my website:

Like 0      
21 Apr 2007 12:03 AM by scrufty Star rating. 157 posts Send private message

scrufty´s avatar
My sun got 49 out 50 in hiss speelling test, witch I thought was grate, maid me so proud.

Like 0      
21 Apr 2007 12:08 AM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      
26 Apr 2007 1:22 AM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      
26 Apr 2007 8:53 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
REALLY happy this week.  Telefonica fitted our proper phone line and 3MB ADSL after waiting for "only" 2 years!!

"All things come to those who wait".  Mind you, I've waited long enough for a Lamborghini now....how much longer do I have to wait??

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
26 Apr 2007 9:41 AM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar
How long's a piece of string Justin?!

FibbyUK

Check out my website:

Like 0      
04 May 2007 3:14 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Where are all the happy people??

Surely things can't be that bad?

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
04 May 2007 5:06 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

This message was last edited by JeansSis on 5/18/2007.

Like 0      
19 May 2007 1:20 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

This is my happy story and I'll try to keep it short.

It had always been my dream to own a place in Spain, we would always holiday in Benalmadena and when I was made redundant in 2001 I commuted part of my occupational pension to buy a one bedroom apartment there.  When we went there as usual in June 02 they had risen to £56k from £34k.  Following June they were 90k, decided to look at other properties and found a 2 bed for 120k.  Returned home to arrange extra financing and went back in September to find they had gone up another 30k euros.

In October 2001 a friend went out on an inspection trip and bought off-plan (La Cinuelica Los Altos) she went back out in June 02 to arrange furniture only to find that the foundations hadn't been laid.  Next day she looked at a Piloto near to where she was staying and ended up buying the last house on the site.  I came back from Benalmadena really peeved to find she had just bought another house and was going back in July to furnish 2nd property as it was ready to move into.  I went with her and although I wasn't impressed with Torrevieja I viewed a property in Dona Ines near to Carrefour.  I was drawn to it but something didn't feel right, I still preferred Benalmadena.

In October 2003, I joined my friend and others at property no.2 (no.1 still not finished).  My sister-in-laws cousin was co owner in an estate agent nearby in Los Balcones so I arranged to see some properties they had.  I viewed several properties a couple I did a second viewing.  On our last day I viewed a house which had just come back onto the market.  The owner had emigrated to Australia three months before but the buyer couldn't sell their UK house.  I had an hour before the taxi was due, just what I was looking for.  Agreed to buy, 10 days later I was back to sign at Notary.  In the morning opened back account, waited a couple of hours in Solicitor's waiting room, signing loads of papers.  The receptionist was English so she wrote down a list of what I had signed for and other information re taxes.

Solicitor came back in with what I thought was his lunch only to find out later it was the "black money".  Spent minutes in Notary, came back to sign more forms and was given a cheque for the difference in the money I had originally paid  Agent told me that doesn't normally happen straight away, I was pleased as I needed to furnish house.  Only problem was my name not correct so went back the next day, no problem he said I'll ring the bank.  Went to their bank and explain to teller who looks at me as though I have 6 heads.  When I mention the Sol had rung them I got the spanish shrug and he cashed it straight away.

The agent arranged for Tefefonica to reconnect the phone the following day Thursday, in afternoon my new neighbour took me to a local store and I bought beds, settee, chair, fridge/freezer and washing machine.  It was all delivered the next afternoon even though it was raining, I mention this because I also bought a chair from a secondhand store to be delivered on Friday morning and they didn't turn up because it was raining, that was after my sister and I had waded through the streets from where we were staying.  When it rains in Spain eh.

The previous owner had left 2 tv's and some garden chairs and I had the annologue sky system in the lounge and bedroom.

On Saturday my husband come over for the weekend with Kettle and other things I'd packed and we were able to move in.  I made full use of the 1p flights in the next year to get everything over, I even took a golf bag with EasyJet, inside wascurtain poles and bedding (a tip from my agent).  Got some strange looks from the bag screeners.  In the Dec paid for husbands diy friend to join him on his weekend trip and used his luggage allowance too - house now full so will now have to start doing bootsales as want to downsize here.

We're very happy in our casa, I'm out for a total of 3 months in a year over the winter and spring periods, himself less as he is still working.  It cost's us around £1k per year we are not on an urbanisation but a private road so fees are 120e a year.  We have a swimming pool open June to September.  I live next door to the presidente who can be a pain but then aren't they all.  She's very kind hearted but loves the power.  She looks after the house for me and is better than a burglar alarm.

Hope I've not bored you all

Zena

Like 0      
20 May 2007 2:13 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

Well !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The posts in here are sadly lacking!!   Are there no Happy stories at all???????????

I don't have a story....but I am HAPPY and I don't care who knows it!!!!!!!!  I can see the sea from my window as I tap away at this post, the Sunday paper is open at the crossword awaiting my attention and the sun is shining. The kettle has just boiled and life is good.

Lets have some more happiness stories, please.

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
20 May 2007 2:22 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Hi Karen

I am soooooooooooooooooo happy. This time next week we will be sitting on the beach front having Sunday lunch. My Mum has just sent me a text, they are in our place at the mo and her and my dad are having a lovely time. First time over. Can't wait to join them next week.

Like 0      
20 May 2007 2:57 PM by Lauryc Star rating in Was South Devon .. n.... 520 posts Send private message

Lauryc´s avatar

I'm happy. We will finally get something done to our house. I think.

We booked to visit on 21st June for a few days to pick out tiles and such.

Laury

Laury

Like 0      
20 May 2007 4:09 PM by davey2187 Star rating in Pontefract, La Torre.... 136 posts Send private message

We are returning to La Torre Golf Resort next week to our second home, we are over the moon with everything to do with our apartment

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | ... | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Benahavis - 3rd attempt - 3 posts
wasting time - 1 posts
message boards - 11 posts
iznalloz - 16 posts
Deeds who do we put on them? - 14 posts
What's REALLY happening with the Spanish property market? - 4 posts
Is it just me ! - 8 posts
WINTER SNOWSPORTS IN ALMERIA - 2 posts
problems with neighbours - 6 posts
Withdrawal Symptoms - Calling all sufferers - 25 posts
New golf course - 0 posts
Off Plan??? - 29 posts
Intro - 9 posts
las vistas santa maria - 27 posts
Thank u Smiley - 2 posts
COTO REAL DUQUESA - 4 posts
Help - 9 posts
fitness trainer and beauty therapist - 2 posts
Community fees and AEA - 1 posts
residencial olivia hurchillo - 2 posts
Recommendations for transfering money - 20 posts
residential olivia hurchillo - 1 posts
Gordon Bennett sooner we get to Spain, the better. - 0 posts
INTEREALTY back in town - 3 posts
Wanted - Free standing Electric Cooker - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 361

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x