Transport from Malaga to Duquesa

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
06 Aug 2008 12:00 AM by Tamsin Star rating. 169 posts Send private message

For my daughters - how do they get to Duqusea from Malaga airport?    I have been told that you have to get a. bus from Malalga to Marbella , Marbella to Estepona and then Estepona to Sebanillas and then a taxi - what an event .  Is this the only way . If they fly  to Gib is their a bus to Sebanillas. 

Like 0      
06 Aug 2008 10:24 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Think this the one people have mentioned.

Like 0      
07 Aug 2008 8:05 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar
Portillo is the bus company  covering that area, look into this website:  http://www.ctsa-portillo.com/

Cadiz is the bus company operating in Cadiz:  http://www.tgcomes.es/index.asp

Un abrazo,

Maria

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
07 Aug 2008 4:26 PM by Tamsin Star rating. 169 posts Send private message

I tried the resort hopper and used Malage to Sotogrande as a guide - guess how much - £285 return . They have go to be joking

Like 0      
07 Aug 2008 5:31 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

This message was last edited by morerosado on 8/7/2008.

Like 0      
12 Aug 2008 6:09 PM by lewjan62 Star rating in West Sussex / Casare.... 134 posts Send private message

lewjan62´s avatar
a taxi from Malaga airport to Sabinillas is euros 90 + euros 20 for out of hours.
I have no idea how much the bus would be I'm afraid, but it would be an awfully long journey as it is just over an hour in the car so how long on a bus, who knows?
It would actually be cheaper to hire a car.

Like 0      
13 Aug 2008 4:14 PM by buzylizzie Star rating in Gibraltar, Manilva a.... 192 posts Send private message

buzylizzie´s avatar
There is in fact a direct bus from the airport to Marbella. It costs around 4.30 euros, and only takes 45 minutes on the toll road (non-stop). They are quite frequent although they don't run overnight (check out the link from Maria). There should then be a bus from Marbella to Sabinillas. I have used the airport bus from Marbella many times and I think it's fantastic - it costs almost 20 euros each way on the toll road from Manilva and that's without adding on the petrol! Very much a bargain... they have been on strike for a week or so but I believe the strike has stopped now (I read it on another string in this forum - I think by Spanishlinda?). I'm glad about that as my mother arrives tomorrow and I'm meeting her off the bus at Marbella!
I believe there are four buses a day from Gibraltar - the first one at 7am and the last one around 5.30 - 6pm. It takes just over an hour. The same link above (or below) from Maria should give you the details....

This message was last edited by buzylizzie on 8/13/2008.

Like 0      
14 Aug 2008 9:47 PM by jojan Star rating. 200 posts Send private message

buzylizzie

This is interesting and cheap too.  Do you have to book and where are these buses located once you have exited the airport?

Jojan

Like 0      
15 Aug 2008 9:04 AM by buzylizzie Star rating in Gibraltar, Manilva a.... 192 posts Send private message

buzylizzie´s avatar

Hi Jojan
Yes it is indeed very cheap - and usually very reliable too. You catch the bus directly outside the arrivals hall in Malaga Airport. You can't really miss it - it's more of a coach than a bus and it has Marbella splashed accross the font in large letters, and sometimes down the side too.
You don't have to book - you buy your ticket on the bus at the airport, and from the Portillo desk at Marbella Bus Station.
Check out the timetables here:
http://www.ctsa-portillo.com/horarios.html

Like 0      
15 Aug 2008 9:58 AM by Tamsin Star rating. 169 posts Send private message

That's great and the prices are reasonable .  One of my daughters does not drive and the other would not drive in Spain as I won't.  It is getting  out of the airport that I find confusing. That' s why we always fly to Gib and for us it is much cheaper .  One of my daughters lives in Leeds so Manchester airport is better for her - thus flying to Malaga.

Like 0      
15 Aug 2008 10:08 AM by buzylizzie Star rating in Gibraltar, Manilva a.... 192 posts Send private message

buzylizzie´s avatar
I agree Tamsin - landing at Gib is a breeze.  The bags are off very quickly and you don't have to walk for what seems like a mile and a half to collect your luggage!
My mother doesn't drive over here either so I have to collect her - but she much prefers to get the coach to Marbella from Malaga. I must say that suits me fine as I hate the road through Fuengirola, Torremolinos & Benalmadena. I think the crazy drivers just like to use it as a race track!
Monarch are starting their Manchester to Gib as from this September  so it will be much easier in future...

Like 0      
17 Aug 2008 4:49 PM by jojan Star rating. 200 posts Send private message

Thank you buzylizzie for the information it will be very useful not only to me but to my family as well who do not think that a holiday is having to book a car for transport, they like easy ways out and this sounds just the job, I am sure others reading this will think the same.

Jojan

Like 0      
17 Aug 2008 5:37 PM by Tamsin Star rating. 169 posts Send private message

buzylizzie

Thanks for that information

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Tax Forms - where to download from - 13 posts
11 month rental wanted - 3 posts
Caverners Bar Santiago de la Ribera - 0 posts
Via T Toll Cards - 2 posts
Via T Toll Card !! - 10 posts
Hi from me. - 2 posts
Legal rentals. - 4 posts
Rock Climbing in Manilva - 13 posts
fuel charges - 3 posts
Few Household Things (moving back to UK) - 0 posts
SOMEONE PLS HELP ME IM DESPERATE! - 2 posts
earthquake - 21 posts
Delayed Completion - 2 posts
ADVERTS ON EYEONSPAIN - 1 posts
need somewhere to stay?? - 7 posts
advice please? installing sky dishes - 10 posts
Wanted: Air con installer & electrician for quotes (Algorfa/Quesada are) - 6 posts
NIE Spanish consulate London - 0 posts
"The Venue", a great night out (by El Raso urb, along the CV895 from N332 to Quesada, Costa Blanca) - 0 posts
Dedicated to our wonderful Maria de Castro who helps so many realise their dreams. Please convey your thanks here. - 26 posts
EXTRA TAXES TO COMPENSATE THE JUNTA? - 3 posts
Hi from Fuerteventura ! - 0 posts
WANTED : cot and high chair - 4 posts
Duja/Michael Hone - 3 posts
I.B.I. Taxes Estepona - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 13

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x