Rock Climbing in Manilva

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
06 Aug 2008 12:00 AM by buzylizzie Star rating in Gibraltar, Manilva a.... 192 posts Send private message

buzylizzie´s avatar
Hi everyone,
I've heard that there is some good rock climbing in Manilva (CDS) - has anyone tried the routes or know how to find them?
Many thanks in advance

Like 0      
06 Aug 2008 12:35 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
I just Googled for "rock climbing in Manilva" , found lots of info. 

Like 0      
06 Aug 2008 12:45 PM by buzylizzie Star rating in Gibraltar, Manilva a.... 192 posts Send private message

buzylizzie´s avatar
Many thanks More, I've already googled myself but I was really looking for personal experiences. Some websites say there are lots of climbs at different levels whilst some say they are all around '5' (this is how difficult the climb is) - and I'm not sure I'm up to that standard yet!
It is mentioned on another forum but I'm not sure I want to post on there as they seem so unfriendly!
So - does anyone have any personal experience of "canon de manilva"? Would it be good for beginners and intermediates?
As I live in Manilva (which is not very big!) I'm going to have a bit of a hike up there tonight to try to find the place on foot, but knowing my sense of direction it may take some time (if I find it  at all)......
Thanks again .....

Like 0      
06 Aug 2008 1:02 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
I assume you are a member of Manilva Life forum, buzylizzie (& I apologise for being abrupt but had an earwigging from my OH saying I should leave Googling to others as I keep attracting viruses for him to get rid of ) Is that the unfriendly one ? (Shame, no reason for that).

This message was last edited by morerosado on 8/6/2008.

Like 0      
06 Aug 2008 1:14 PM by buzylizzie Star rating in Gibraltar, Manilva a.... 192 posts Send private message

buzylizzie´s avatar
More your presumption is correct - the forum I was referring to is in fact Manilva Life.  How did you guess?
What an unfriendly bunch they are! I will not post on there to be simply insulted as many others have in the past! I hope the miserable gits who put people off using Manilva Life see EOS and see how a forum should be run! They can then just go back and keep Manilva Life to themselves! Victor Meldrew who has changed his avatar to Mr Grumpy certainly suits his name  - obviously he has nothing better to do than be horrible and nasty to people! Shame on him - he really should get a life, and preferably one that makes him happier than he is at present

Like 0      
06 Aug 2008 1:17 PM by buzylizzie Star rating in Gibraltar, Manilva a.... 192 posts Send private message

buzylizzie´s avatar
I feel really bad now  ....

Like 0      
06 Aug 2008 1:20 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
So you should  

Like 0      
06 Aug 2008 2:53 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
I have no experience on rock climbing in Manilva (I struggle to get up the stairs to my office every day!) but there are some stunning areas around Manilva for walks and mountain climbing.

I'll try and find out more about it for you.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
06 Aug 2008 3:18 PM by buzylizzie Star rating in Gibraltar, Manilva a.... 192 posts Send private message

buzylizzie´s avatar
Many thanks Justin.
If I find out the location tonight I'll also post further details in case anyone else is interested.
All I know at the moment is that it's called "canon de manilva", it's up past the roman baths, and although it's privately owned you don't need permission to climb. Apparently the bolts are already in the rock/limestone but there are no maps available, and there is no free-climbing - you must have a rope.
Thanks again

Like 0      
06 Aug 2008 4:09 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Use a rope anyway, woman, we don't wanna lose you. 

Like 0      
06 Aug 2008 4:21 PM by buzylizzie Star rating in Gibraltar, Manilva a.... 192 posts Send private message

buzylizzie´s avatar
awww - thanks More!
I promise I will be careful - and you never know - if you're ever down CDS way you may want to come along and try it out yourself
It's pretty safe when your harness it attached to a rope which is attached to a rock which is then attached to a person (who is heavier and more experienced than you!) - I know - I've fallen off a few times in Tarifa! ha ha 
Once I've found the location in Manilva I will be returning with my new climbing friends to try it out ..... watch this space!

Like 0      
06 Aug 2008 4:41 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
You ARE joking !  I can't go more than three steps up a ladder without feeling dizzy. My legs wobble & I just lock up. 

We recently had a roofer wandering all over our roof as we had a broken tile. He took a weathered tile he'd brought up with him & removed the broken one from halfway up the front of the house. He walked over the top & down the other side to the guttering & removed a tile from there which he put where the front broken one had been. He was standing on the back chatting with me & I was terrified he'd fall (so I asked him "whilst you're up there have a good look around for other problems, please"

We live very high up & our house is a high one too so I thought he was so manly.  My OH needs a 26ft ladder to clean our windows & feels quite nervous. He even has to get the ladder out to clean our lounge window as it's high up. If you look at the house on the right & at the window upstairs on the left & wave, I'll wave back.

Like 0      
06 Aug 2008 4:44 PM by buzylizzie Star rating in Gibraltar, Manilva a.... 192 posts Send private message

buzylizzie´s avatar

I wonder how many others will also start to wave at you now?

Like 0      
06 Aug 2008 4:56 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

This is YOU waving if you fall, be careful !!!

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

fuel charges - 3 posts
Few Household Things (moving back to UK) - 0 posts
SOMEONE PLS HELP ME IM DESPERATE! - 2 posts
earthquake - 21 posts
Delayed Completion - 2 posts
ADVERTS ON EYEONSPAIN - 1 posts
need somewhere to stay?? - 7 posts
advice please? installing sky dishes - 10 posts
Wanted: Air con installer & electrician for quotes (Algorfa/Quesada are) - 6 posts
NIE Spanish consulate London - 0 posts
"The Venue", a great night out (by El Raso urb, along the CV895 from N332 to Quesada, Costa Blanca) - 0 posts
Dedicated to our wonderful Maria de Castro who helps so many realise their dreams. Please convey your thanks here. - 26 posts
EXTRA TAXES TO COMPENSATE THE JUNTA? - 3 posts
Hi from Fuerteventura ! - 0 posts
WANTED : cot and high chair - 4 posts
Duja/Michael Hone - 3 posts
I.B.I. Taxes Estepona - 4 posts
Hi, Just introducing ourselves, Andrew and Denise from Essex. - 1 posts
Best credit cards for overseas use - 1 posts
From The Mail Online - 0 posts
Nationwide account - 1 posts
You could lose your mobile phone number PLEASE READ - 30 posts
Fortuna Golf Gardens, Murcia - 4 posts
Getting a phone lilne - 31 posts
Becky - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 14

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x