Wanted: Air con installer & electrician for quotes (Algorfa/Quesada are)

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
05 Aug 2008 12:00 AM by jenna161205 Star rating in Cardiff, UK - moving.... 38 posts Send private message

Hiya, we are finally coming over to move into our house on the 29th August - we have rented a villa for the first 10 days so we can get things like this sorted! 

First we need a qualified electrician to install approx 14 lights throughout the house (all we have is wires hanging down from the ceiling) and we also need someone to quote/advise us on installing air con (we have the pre-installation, but no boxes/generators etc) 

We are moving to Lo Crispin, Algorfa - if anyone can give us some quotes, or if anyone has a reliable contact that can do this, please PM me! 

Thanks, Jenna

Like 0      
05 Aug 2008 9:41 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Hi Jenna

Re aircon, Aiden Costello from our urb near you is a fully legal air con guy. Website
http://www.connectionsspain.com/ 

I've also seen this one recommended http://www.robinhoodpropertyservicesspain.com/ 

There's forum specific for Algorfa, are you aware ?

This message was last edited by morerosado on 8/5/2008.

Like 0      
05 Aug 2008 10:15 PM by jenna161205 Star rating in Cardiff, UK - moving.... 38 posts Send private message

Hiya, thanks for those, we'll be getting a few quotes in over the first few days, a bit of healthy competition between the trademen out there so will def check them out.  

I do know about the algorfa forum, but I keep forgetting about it when I come to ask these questions.  Being a creature of habit, I always end up in the place I found first (which was this forum). Hoping to break the habit by moving to spain!

Like 0      
05 Aug 2008 10:48 PM by young Star rating in Stockport/Las Siete .... 70 posts Send private message

We use CHILLOUT found them to be really good, very clean and tidy really pleased with the work they did, tel no. 667 246 433 e-mail chillout@europe.com.

Sorry can't do the link

Like 0      
05 Aug 2008 11:03 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Here you are. (For Carmel & George).

http://www.chilloutcostablanca.com/

Like 0      
25 Aug 2008 10:44 AM by Stephen2006 Star rating in Glasgow/ Torre Guil . 78 posts Send private message

Stephen2006´s avatar
Very usefull post, but I have a question.  What exactly is meant by air con pre-installation?  Buying a house near murcia with this already installed.  I know that it does not include the air con units, but what exactly is needed to make it work?  Given that there are vents in the house does this mean it only needs one box outside?  

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Like 0      
25 Aug 2008 11:37 AM by amazingwally Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

Hi

air conditioning has two parts to it, an inside and an outside bit - you will need both. The inside bit and the outside bit are connected by pipes and both need electricity to work. Inside bit is heat pump etc and outside bit is heat exchanger and they are connected by gas filled pipes ( gas that gets cold not gas that can go on fire !!)

Pre installation means that the pipes etc are alreay there so you wont need to chisel out the walls and then replaster once the a/c is installed. Basically it saves you having to redecorate.

If you have vents in your house it usually means you have a ducted system that sends the cold air to all parts of the house. The ducts will be alredy installed in your ceilings, again saving you the hassle of redecorating. One of your ceilings - usually the bathroom - will be a false one alowing the inside bit of the airconditioning to be fitted to the ceiling and then covered over again by the false ceiling.

Things to note when buying your a/c

- you need a quiet one ask for the Db of the machines before buying, the lower the better
- make sure the a/c is man enough for the job, it should be big enough to supply the m2 of your property
- check that the gas is the latest type and that the units can be recharged if they leak. The EU specifies the type of gas to be used and some installers will try to palm you off with an out of date stock. Cant remeber the type it should be sorry
- it may be an idea to install your a/c in zones eg zone 1 bedrooms. zone 2 kitchen and living room so that you will not have to be cooling the whole house, just bits of it saving you some money on running cost
-dont get the cheapest go for a brand name such as daikin or panasonic which come with manufacturers guarantees not installers who disappear guarantees which are worthless.

hope this helps

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

NIE Spanish consulate London - 0 posts
"The Venue", a great night out (by El Raso urb, along the CV895 from N332 to Quesada, Costa Blanca) - 0 posts
Dedicated to our wonderful Maria de Castro who helps so many realise their dreams. Please convey your thanks here. - 26 posts
EXTRA TAXES TO COMPENSATE THE JUNTA? - 3 posts
Hi from Fuerteventura ! - 0 posts
WANTED : cot and high chair - 4 posts
Duja/Michael Hone - 3 posts
I.B.I. Taxes Estepona - 4 posts
Hi, Just introducing ourselves, Andrew and Denise from Essex. - 1 posts
Best credit cards for overseas use - 1 posts
From The Mail Online - 0 posts
Nationwide account - 1 posts
You could lose your mobile phone number PLEASE READ - 30 posts
Fortuna Golf Gardens, Murcia - 4 posts
Getting a phone lilne - 31 posts
Becky - 2 posts
Celebs........ - 0 posts
One phase completion + the new road - 2 posts
fuel pump - 3 posts
Refunds from Polaris World - 63 posts
New Spanish Law..postmen don't have to deliver? - 22 posts
Selling a business in tenerife - 0 posts
Post box - 1 posts
KItchens - 19 posts
Mirador de Torreblanca - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x