Extra tax for those who live on Duquesa Monte

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
23 Jun 2008 12:00 AM by Tamsin Star rating. 169 posts Send private message

We have just returned from a holiday in Duquesa and were quite perplexed to find on Friday night ( 20th) that we have to pay  a once off payment for repairs to the road etc - to whom we do not know yet.    We did not know anything about it but some friends who live just above asked us if we had paid it this month as it has to be paid by a date in July.  Being Friday night and we were leaving on Saturday we could not pay.   The payment has to be paid next to the underground car park at Duquesa . How much it is we do not know but I think they paid about 76 Euros . 

All the notification we were given was an A4  paper telling us about the changes to some services like the removal of the rubbish bins at the port which I thought was just a general information letter but it did say written in someones handwriting at the bottom about where to pay.   I had no idea that this was an invoice.   Can someone clarify what we are paying for and why it is only Beccis' side of Duquesa that has been hit?    My sister in law has a place at Duquesa Marina and she does not have to pay.  Does it mean that the road will be fixed and all the street lights might work in the future?     Is there going to be something done about the dangerous parking on and around Becci's where some areas need a doubel yellow line ( you would think you were in Gibraltar  ) where all it needs in the refuse cart to block the road.

What about all the people who have not visited yet?     I am lucky my sister in law can find out for us and pay it if needs be but what a way to inform you  - a piece if paper placed in your letter box!!  I have also been told that if it is not paid by a certain date they will impose an interest payment.   Is this also correct ?   Is this something that our President should be informing us about or is it my fault for being too busy decorating that I did not contact him ?   

Like 0      
27 Jun 2008 2:13 PM by Tamsin Star rating. 169 posts Send private message

Does no-one have an apartment on Duquesa Monte that can help me with this extra payment .  No - one has an apartment at Duquesa Suites  or the Brisas across the road ? 

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Barbecue Ideas - 12 posts
Electricity switchover - 1 posts
Seat belts, booster seats etc for children ? - 6 posts
Water condition in Marbella - 0 posts
Hi everyone - 8 posts
Someone stealing electricity: how to get Sevillana to help? - 6 posts
mortgages - 2 posts
El Bosque de la Mareina - New friends - 0 posts
Short term rental - 0 posts
violent crime. - 0 posts
Solar Power for the pool heating and garden lights? - 2 posts
Community pool info - 3 posts
Patio Heaters - 1 posts
Once you get to spain.... - 3 posts
Cirque du Soleil - 11 posts
Web Site. - 4 posts
Help needed please (mother of the bride/groom outfit) - 1 posts
wanted - 1 posts
Gas BBQ - 4 posts
Grupo MIrador - 6 posts
Does a UK fax machine work in Spain? - 2 posts
NIE number.......... - 6 posts
Solicitors fees - 7 posts
hola, new in spain and struggling, friends and advice needed. - 16 posts
hola - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 2

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x