Gas BBQ

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
21 Jun 2008 12:00 AM by tom7750 Star rating. 20 posts Send private message

I'm thinking of bringing a gas BBQ from the UK.    The BBQ runs on propane; is this widely available and if so where can I buy it?  I've heard the Repsol garages are good stockists but do they stock propane?

Like 0      
21 Jun 2008 12:05 PM by Irene&Alan Star rating in Formentera del Segur.... 701 posts Send private message

Irene&Alan´s avatar
Hi Tom

You don't say exactly where are. So if you tell us, I'm sure you'll get some good advice!

Irene

Like 0      
21 Jun 2008 5:35 PM by mr.kevin Star rating in Costa Blanca. 189 posts Send private message

mr.kevin´s avatar
Hi Tom,

Your barby will run ok on the normal butane we get out here. You can get propane, it is used mainly for heating, the difference between propane and butane is the calorific value or heating value, propane is a little higher, but not enough to make a difference on a barby.

You will need to get a contract from a local stockist, tell them it is for a mobile barby, then you will not need an inspection. or buy a empty bottle from a boot sale or out of the local free paper and change it for a filled one at most petrol stations or hardware store.

You will also need to change your regulator to the spanish type, you can get these from most hypermarkets or hardware stores. Pipe size is the same.

Like 0      
23 Jun 2008 1:10 PM by TonyMills Star rating in Ailcaidessa. 1 posts Send private message

If you go to your local REPSOL Depo, (not the garage but repsol have their distribution stations all along the costa) 

you can go in there and they will have Butane and Propane up for grabs. 

in fact i have been able to swap a butane cannister for a propane one on the spot. 

Like 0      
29 Jun 2008 7:59 PM by gillian Star rating in Colchester and Altea.... 187 posts Send private message

Not too sure how helpful this is on this forum but to save all the hassle of gas etc I have opted for a plancha grill instead.We are fotunate to have an electricity supply on the balcony so its great.It cooked the food wonderfully and is so so easy to clean.

Gilly & Ralph

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Grupo MIrador - 6 posts
Does a UK fax machine work in Spain? - 2 posts
NIE number.......... - 6 posts
Solicitors fees - 7 posts
hola, new in spain and struggling, friends and advice needed. - 16 posts
hola - 1 posts
Demolished villa in Catral - 20 posts
long Term Rental 2 or 3 bedroom required near to Marbella - 5 posts
car hire alicante station - 2 posts
helllooooo - 7 posts
Transfer Charges between Spanish Banks - 4 posts
El Grajuela Near Dos Mares C.C. San Javier - 8 posts
ronnie - 10 posts
Property - A nett zero investment - 29 posts
Organising an informal meetup/language exchange - Marbella area - 0 posts
A few problems in addition to bankers guarantee - 1 posts
UK passport renewal in Spain. - 4 posts
Can you help Little Tomas? Come and Join the Fun Day and Race Night - 0 posts
Resident with interest-only mortgage expiring - 1 posts
Tel number for Rightmove in Spain - 9 posts
WLK 2 - 0 posts
PLAYA GOLF - 9 posts
English / Spanish Law - 2 posts
PSI/Ambasun - Jumilla - 4 posts
sky tv in spain. - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x