Community pool info

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
22 Jun 2008 12:00 AM by deniseatnycs Star rating in Sol Golf Nr Villamar.... 136 posts Send private message

deniseatnycs´s avatar
Hi all, 
On a previous thread there is mention of new rules coming out in 2009 covering Community pools.  If anyone has any info on this please could they post it.  We live on the Costa Blanca and I will enquire with our Administrator and post any info on here.  Hopefully, it will be that no one is allowed in unless they 80 or over  and have both parents present !

Like 0      
25 Jun 2008 11:19 PM by promedia Star rating in Cheshire/Riviera del.... 134 posts Send private message

does nobody have any information on this??

what about our helpful lawyer????

Ian Cook - Golf Gardens Miraflores - The best place to live on the Costa del Sol

"A day without sunshine is like.................night"

Like 0      
01 Jul 2008 7:20 PM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar
I need some help please.

We have an apartment on a development in Vera Playa, Costa Almeria which has 2 outdoor swimming pools which are slightly in excess of 200sqm which means that we need lifeguards for both of them.

Some owners completed as long ago as June last year & I believe that lifeguards were in place through June, July & August last year. After that period until 15 June 2008 both pools were available for use with no restrictions & no lifeguards. We had an EGM on the 14th June where information was provided by the President, on the basis of employing 2 lifeguards for a maximum of 7 hours per day. She made it quite clear that there was no option for any more hours & no consideration was given to adjusting the community fees by approx 30 euros per annum, per apartment to cover all day opening. (This situation is not helped by the fact that our administrators "forgot" to include the cost of lifeguards in the budgets which were agreed at the first community meeting in March!!)

This meant that we had to take a vote on what opening hours we wanted for the pools. There were 2 options presented to us & a vote was taken with a majority result. It was then suggested that staggered hours across the 2 pools would mean that at least one pool would remain open during the afternoon when a relief lifeguard would be available & this option was agreed by all present.

The president has also decided that when the lifeguards are not present, the gate to the pool area should be locked to prevent any access to the area. The problem with this is that the pool is surrounded by quite a large garden area that people may wish to use for sunbathing & by locking the gate, they will not be able to use this are. There are no other communal grassed areas within the development.

Secondly, there is anarchy & rebellion against the fact that both the pools are not open from 8am - 8pm for people to use as & when they wish. People are threatening to scale the fence, break the locks etc etc.

We have a community website  which in contradiction to what the president has said states:

"The access will be allowed from the 15th. of June until the 15th. of September  2008, period during which we will have lifeguards. Before and after these dates, the access will be under the responsability of each user."

If access outside of these dates is under the responsibility of each user, why can the same not apply to the hours when the lifeguards are not on duty?

Please help before I go a lot greyer than I am already!!!!

Many Thanks

Noreen

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      
07 Jul 2008 7:09 PM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar
Apologies for the repetition on bringing this topic back to the top but I would really appreciate if anyone can give me some guidance on what alternative options could be pursued.

Please see my post of the 1st of July which gives the full details

Many Thanks 

Noreen

This message was last edited by nfm2862 on 7/7/2008.

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Patio Heaters - 1 posts
Once you get to spain.... - 3 posts
Cirque du Soleil - 11 posts
Web Site. - 4 posts
Help needed please (mother of the bride/groom outfit) - 1 posts
wanted - 1 posts
Gas BBQ - 4 posts
Grupo MIrador - 6 posts
Does a UK fax machine work in Spain? - 2 posts
NIE number.......... - 6 posts
Solicitors fees - 7 posts
hola, new in spain and struggling, friends and advice needed. - 16 posts
hola - 1 posts
Demolished villa in Catral - 20 posts
long Term Rental 2 or 3 bedroom required near to Marbella - 5 posts
car hire alicante station - 2 posts
helllooooo - 7 posts
Transfer Charges between Spanish Banks - 4 posts
El Grajuela Near Dos Mares C.C. San Javier - 8 posts
ronnie - 10 posts
Property - A nett zero investment - 29 posts
Organising an informal meetup/language exchange - Marbella area - 0 posts
A few problems in addition to bankers guarantee - 1 posts
UK passport renewal in Spain. - 4 posts
Can you help Little Tomas? Come and Join the Fun Day and Race Night - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x