ronnie

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
19 Jun 2008 12:00 AM by wenron Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

Hi we were just wondering if anyone had any info regarding   any problems with mosquitoes in al andalus thalassa thanx

Like 0      
19 Jun 2008 6:12 PM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar
I was at Thalassa last weekend & had no problem at all with mosquitos.

You might be better off posting on the AAT thread though as some peopel have been out for longer stays recently.

Regards

Noreen

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      
19 Jun 2008 7:18 PM by rowlandsbb Star rating in Gloucestershire &Hue.... 779 posts Send private message

rowlandsbb´s avatar
We stayed in Palomares from 4th June to 11th and no problems...temp was ideal but I think a little colder than usual...circa 22/24

When it's get hot you always have a touch of mossy problems..CDS, CB CA CC..

There is ' as far as I know' no perfect location.....but just go on th beach at San  Juan de Los Terreros.....go out circa 70 m...and look  inland standing on the sand and look inland!!!......this part of Spain if you like it a touch quiet has to be the best
Want details......get in touch

Like 0      
19 Jun 2008 10:28 PM by Mooma Star rating. 48 posts Send private message

Hi!
Get yourself some Avon Skin So Soft Dry Oil Body Spray - the blue coloured bottle (Soft and Fresh - I think). The biting things hate it, although it actually doesnt smell half as bad as most anti mosi preparations you can buy. Works like a dream! (and no, I'm not an Avon representative!)
Mooma

Like 0      
19 Jun 2008 11:11 PM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar
I agree that this avon product does the job very well.

We used it on holiday in the area last August with good results.

Noreen

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      
19 Jun 2008 11:21 PM by J&N Star rating in Nottinghamshire. 342 posts Send private message

J&N´s avatar
Hi Wenron, welcome to the forum. I have to agree with Brian, San Juan is fabulous, but then I am seriously biased, I have just moved here. 

The temperatures have soared this week, 28/29 in the shade 38 in the sun this week and they tell me tomorrow is going to be hotter.

We haven't been too bad with Mossies until yesterday when I got bitten several times, but that was walking the dogs through the wastelands at the back AND I had forgotten to use my mossie spray before I went out, about 7pm. On the whole, we've had not too many problems other than blue bottles and the locals tell me that we have 2 months of flies here and we are supposedly getting towards the end of that time - I hope so!

We were recommended to get a large can of mossie spray when we first got here (supermarkets sell them for a couple of euros for a giant can), and to make sure and spray under the beds as that's where the mossies go and hide. We also found they would hide in the brushes outside and the golf bags so that when we moved them in the morning, they would attack us - so, we spray there as well now and I always make sure and shake anything left outside overnight, to see what flies out of it. We both had a couple of bites in the first couple of days we were out here and then nothing until yesterday - so, it would seem if you are senisble, you can avoid being bitten.

We had our 15 month old granddaughter here a couple of weeks ago, used mossie spray for infants on her, made sure we sprayed her bedroom each night before she went to bed and also put a plug-in in her room, may seem a bit OTT but she never got bitten once.

Just about to update my blog on the insects we have here, i don't think any of them bite,but they do make me jump, especially the big black flying beetles that just amble along and bump into you, they are quite comical once you realise they don't bite  - but a bit scary at first. And as for the Kamikaze wood lice, well - I can't believe how many I have to sweep up every morning when the sun comes up.

Jacqui

http://relocatetospain.blogspot.com our adventure from deciding to move to Spain to being here and moving back to the UK.

Like 0      
20 Jun 2008 10:45 AM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

Jacqui - If you have a Mercadonna or Lidl near by then look for Nenuca (may not be the correct spelling).  It's in a large bottle similar in size and shape as a Bubble Bath.  It has a picture of a baby on the lable as it's a baby product.  It was recommended to someone on another forum years ago by a Spanish lady who saw the bite marks on her legs.  Since she's been using this she's been bite free.  Apply it after bathing, don't think she has a dog so better be safe and apply spray as well before walkies.

Like 0      
20 Jun 2008 12:58 PM by J&N Star rating in Nottinghamshire. 342 posts Send private message

J&N´s avatar
Thanks, I'll have a look for it. One of my new friends has brought me some patches to try, a bit like ones that smokers use to stop smoking. So, I now have one on my arm and we will see whether they help. I've also seen the comment about the moisturiser Avon do, and someone out here circulates an Avon book - so soon, I'll have a barrier around me that the mossies cannot get through, I just smell peculiar. 

Jacqui

http://relocatetospain.blogspot.com our adventure from deciding to move to Spain to being here and moving back to the UK.

Like 0      
22 Jun 2008 1:02 PM by jane b Star rating in Bedar, Almeria. 222 posts Send private message

jane b´s avatar
We discovered the patches last year - green envelope-thin pack from Mercadona - and they work really well but you do need to put one on a wrist and one on an ankle and remember to keep rubbing them once every half hour or so.  Skin so Soft from Avon great too and smells ok.

www.fincalaserenidad.com

Like 0      
22 Jun 2008 7:18 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar
I wore one of the mozzie patches today when I went road bowling. I put it on my left wrist cos I'm right handed and I had not gone 50 meters when it fell of !!!!       

I find the skin so soft stuff ineffective although one of my friends swears by it.

The most successful thing I've found so far is from that 'natural' perfume shop in Habaneras. It is called VERT and smells lemony and is really nice. It costs around 8€ for a big squirty bottle and does not smell like poo as does some of the other stuff !!

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
23 Jun 2008 3:51 PM by J&N Star rating in Nottinghamshire. 342 posts Send private message

J&N´s avatar
I have found the mossie patches only stay stuck to my upper arm, but I haven't had a bite since I started to wear them. I did find this morning that they can't stay in place while playing golf, it was peeling off by the 3rd tee and gone by the 5th. Still, I think it was too hot even for the mossies this morning!

Jacqui

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Property - A nett zero investment - 29 posts
Organising an informal meetup/language exchange - Marbella area - 0 posts
A few problems in addition to bankers guarantee - 1 posts
UK passport renewal in Spain. - 4 posts
Can you help Little Tomas? Come and Join the Fun Day and Race Night - 0 posts
Resident with interest-only mortgage expiring - 1 posts
Tel number for Rightmove in Spain - 9 posts
WLK 2 - 0 posts
PLAYA GOLF - 9 posts
English / Spanish Law - 2 posts
PSI/Ambasun - Jumilla - 4 posts
sky tv in spain. - 1 posts
sky tv in spain. - 36 posts
sky tv in spain. - 4 posts
Who forgot to put 50p in the meter? - 0 posts
help i`m new !!!!!! - 3 posts
New members - 4 posts
Did I or what????????? - 9 posts
Hello Everyone... Urgent Advice Needed for a New member Please - 4 posts
Is it better to lose my 6,000 Euro deposit than to buy during this credit crunch? - 40 posts
Help with blog editing please........ - 2 posts
elloooooo!! - 18 posts
Cortes de Baza or Baza - 3 posts
Photos of model Royal Dream - 1 posts
Two 3ft single divan beds for sale - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 11

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x