El Grajuela Near Dos Mares C.C. San Javier

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
19 Jun 2008 12:00 AM by ronjune Star rating. 81 posts Send private message

I was looking for somewhere "Spanish" for my birthday dinner and came across this place.  When we looked at the menu it had been literally translated from Spanish to English. Here is one example of the dishes that intrugued us enough to book a table   " Shrimp of the Iron or Roman".  Starters were refered to as "incomings" and there was some rice dish which was referred to as "responsibility" we never did work out that one!  However the food when it came was delicious and the evening all the more enjoyable for the laughs the menu gave us and for the ministration of the excellent staff.  

Try it, its fun but you may be able to understand the menu better in Spanish!!
June

Like 0      
01 Jul 2008 6:35 AM by llamacalmer Star rating in Surrey & La Torre. 318 posts Send private message

llamacalmer´s avatar
We tried this place for my birthday last weekend.- thank you for recommendation.  Menu is quite amusing in it's translations, but the food and service very good.  It's definitely somewhere we would go to again for a special occasion.

R
osemary

Owner of  8 stray Spanish mutts

Like 0      
01 Jul 2008 7:00 PM by julieanne Star rating. 46 posts Send private message

Hi 

We have passed this place many times and wondered what it would be like as it always seems polular especialy at the weekends, do you have to book?  or can you just turn up also does anyone know the opening times as we went past one of the nights and it was closed. And my last question is iit very pricey?

Thanks

Julie and Steve

Like 0      
01 Jul 2008 9:53 PM by llamacalmer Star rating in Surrey & La Torre. 318 posts Send private message

llamacalmer´s avatar
They have a web site which gives opening times.  On the price side of things 3 of us had 3 courses, a couple of drinks each and coffee, and it was 140 euros inc tip.

R
osemary

Like 0      
07 Jul 2008 12:14 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar
Hi There
Is it the one on the main road just off the roundabout with the silver forks on the wall?
I have passed this one a few times and often wondered what it was like, always seem to be a lot of cars parked outside so guessed it must be quite popular. Will give it a try next visit. Thanks.

Like 0      
07 Jul 2008 12:32 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Silly Me,
Blonde moment yet again .
Just been on the web site and it is the one I've passed. but when I tried to look at the menu it asked me for a user name and password. Anyone know how to get past this bit?

Like 0      
07 Jul 2008 12:41 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Can't locate website, please advise.

Like 0      
07 Jul 2008 12:47 PM by llamacalmer Star rating in Surrey & La Torre. 318 posts Send private message

llamacalmer´s avatar
Web site is lagrajuela.com - sometimes it lets you into the menu, other times it doesn't!

R
osemary

Like 0      
07 Jul 2008 1:00 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
How daft is that, having to provide such info.

Edited to add :  thanks Rosemary.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 7/7/2008.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

ronnie - 10 posts
Property - A nett zero investment - 29 posts
Organising an informal meetup/language exchange - Marbella area - 0 posts
A few problems in addition to bankers guarantee - 1 posts
UK passport renewal in Spain. - 4 posts
Can you help Little Tomas? Come and Join the Fun Day and Race Night - 0 posts
Resident with interest-only mortgage expiring - 1 posts
Tel number for Rightmove in Spain - 9 posts
WLK 2 - 0 posts
PLAYA GOLF - 9 posts
English / Spanish Law - 2 posts
PSI/Ambasun - Jumilla - 4 posts
sky tv in spain. - 1 posts
sky tv in spain. - 36 posts
sky tv in spain. - 4 posts
Who forgot to put 50p in the meter? - 0 posts
help i`m new !!!!!! - 3 posts
New members - 4 posts
Did I or what????????? - 9 posts
Hello Everyone... Urgent Advice Needed for a New member Please - 4 posts
Is it better to lose my 6,000 Euro deposit than to buy during this credit crunch? - 40 posts
Help with blog editing please........ - 2 posts
elloooooo!! - 18 posts
Cortes de Baza or Baza - 3 posts
Photos of model Royal Dream - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x